• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

azza's HT journey (im back!!!)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
All the best bro, please dont become a stranger dude;)

A

azza786

Valued member---
long overdue update!

Hello everyone,

Some of you may have liaised with me on here and some may have not...im logging back in here after 8 years and gosh has it been some journey.

I came on this site as a young 20 year old seeking aid with the loss that I got so early on in my life and now on the other side of the 20s.., I will like to update everyone.

Firstly, in the course of 9 years, I have had 4 hts..thats right..4...2 which you can see on my profile and 2 I got done in India from a reputed surgeon.

Sadly, the investment I put into the 2 HTs from Canada did not bear fruit for 2 long. I am easily a NW7 now with dusting of hair over my scalp but there is clear recession/ loss in all areas.

I decided a few years ago that FUT hasnt quite worked and FUE- I wasnt too keen on. I decided to try our BHT thinking what have I got to lose- again, being optimistic and seeing that it can work.

2 years of back to back surgerys and even that didnt worked. My loss has sped well ahead of the race and it has been disappointing.

I understand that with fate deciding me to have this so early in my life, that there were talks of risks etc etc...but I decided to take a chances and had some hopes.

Everytime I got a HT, there were improvements but then natural loss kept spoiling everything. I gave it my best shot that I can but its clear that it hasnt worked for me at all- hell I would be just happy to be a NW3 now but I dont see that happening.

Thank you to the forum and everyone who offered help and support throughout my journey.

Its been tough, its been hard, its been testing but life has moved on....

All the best.

Azza.

Last edited:
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Azza
Thanks for coming back to us with your update and am sorry to here it has not worked out for you but you have given it all thank you for sharing with us , it just goes to show what we will do to have hair yet I know people who would not pay a dollar to have HT but are happy the way they are , we all live a day at a time my friend and things can change for us without notice so we gotta make the most of it.
Take care I care
Darren

H

HairGuy

Valued member
Sorry things didn't work out for you. I think is an important topic for younger guys considering a transplant. Are you able to share some photos of how your hair is now? Also did you take Finasteride post up?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi Azza, how're things with you now? Did I read somewhere you were considering scalp micro-pigmentation? Did you go through with it?

S

smokeybacon

Hi Azza, your experience is sad and you tell with balance. I hope if good comes from this it helps other young men. Good luck for the future

R

Risingforehead

Just read your story, all I can say is sorry you've been through such a tough time. What's your situation like now though?

G

gambler

Valued member
Hi Azza, how're things with you now? Did I read somewhere you were considering scalp micro-pigmentation? Did you go through with it?
Hi Bullit
Yeah he posted a detailed update on another forum. His situation got radically worse in the intervening years (started using a hair system) and he decided to go for SMP. To say that it's a massive improvement would be an understatement.

Last edited:
A

azza786

Valued member---
*drum roll entrance* - azza's back!

Hi everyone, wow feels surreal knowing that I had opened this post 13 years back and gosh has it been one hell of a ride.

To put the long story short, it has been painful. To the world, I am just another guy getting on with life but this hairloss experience even till now has played its part in shaping me who I am.

What is left of my transplanted hair are stubbles scattered across my scalp which I shave down regularly as I have got SMP done for the last year or so. There is no point in growing them out yet as they are extremely extremely extremely sparse. The SMP has helped.

I am now in the situation where I have all the negative characteristics you would want. This includes: depleted donor area, thin donor area, NW6/7 shape, complete loss of temples and my hair is turning gray also which doesnt help. Some may say its the stress that is catching up- maybe, who knows. I am 35 years old and have been battling this since I was 18, getting my first HT at 20. I had to resort to using a hair system for 10 years which was a complete pain in terms of maintenance (I had to clean my scalp, system and fit it every 3 days for 10 years so you can imagine the labour that went in) . Though it looked natural, it made me extremely self conscious about it though I kept a very plain face in front of the world. I think the biggest factor for me was ' why did I have to go through this experience in my prime'. As a child growing up, I had a very tough time being accepted by my peers out of no fault of my own so that really chipped away at my self esteem, I come from an asian origin , so big groups and family are the norm. I have 44 first cousins of whom non have hair-loss. I was always reminded or told growing up (whilst in my teens) that I would lose my hair as I have it genetically from both sides to which I would laugh off but as you all know, the bugger hit me hard very quick to the amusement of soo many that I came across, peers and family. It was bitter and it gave me that victims mentality which kept saying 'why me, why me, why me'. This issue held me back in many fronts and in social settings, I felt out of place. There were no shortage of people to point out my flaw and I could not hide it as like I said, MPB hit me hard. This really was the missing factor of my overall decent looking aesthetics. Despite going through the psychological drain, I was very athletic and even continued with my education.

Anyhow, what this has done to me over all these years is teach me how to stay motivated and hungry and see it as a challenge. In every bad, there is a good- thats what I have been told. Wearing a system often gave me sleepless nights. I didnt place my head directly onto a pillow for 10 years in the fear that my system would move out of place, so I had to resort sleeping with my head on my arms. Alot of freedom was lost in this sense.

After soo many years, I understand that what I had ventured out for, I may not get. So all that is required now is a change in strategy. SMP has given me some freedom back now- I can look at wind in the face, I can put my head on a pillow with no worry, I can step in and out of a shower at will without having to spend 10 minutes taking off system and then 10- 20 mins or even 30 mins putting it back on. I am a Teacher and still internally cringe when I get called bald by some students. Why wouldn't I? I entered HT to avoid it. But atleast I know I have the look of a shaved head and not bald bald. I take all these comments as fuel to become more stronger mentally. So much so.....that....wait for it...…I am going in for another HT in December...(dont spill your coffee now). You may be thinking 'but Azza , you have done 4 HTs, your donor isn't the best so what are you doing? You are right, but here is the thing. I have been through a lot so I have nothing to lose. I am going with Eugenix in India who do good work especially with body hair so my plan is to make a combination of beard and scalp to improve the situation as best as possible adding the SMP to the mix. You only live once, time wont stop, so why not. At least I know what I am going into and how to handle it better now. I am attaching some SMP pics for you to see. I would say its a good filler until you get a better solution but definitely not a life-long thing.
For me, my goal is now to get coverage from front to back and if possible some density. Focus will be on crown which has never had any work. Atleast there should be some improvement now that DHT has done the core damage that it had to do.

1657486606882.png
1657486632981.png

loui

loui

Valued member
*drum roll entrance* - azza's back!

Hi everyone, wow feels surreal knowing that I had opened this post 13 years back and gosh has it been one hell of a ride.

To put the long story short, it has been painful. To the world, I am just another guy getting on with life but this hairloss experience even till now has played its part in shaping me who I am.

What is left of my transplanted hair are stubbles scattered across my scalp which I shave down regularly as I have got SMP done for the last year or so. There is no point in growing them out yet as they are extremely extremely extremely sparse. The SMP has helped.

I am now in the situation where I have all the negative characteristics you would want. This includes: depleted donor area, thin donor area, NW6/7 shape, complete loss of temples and my hair is turning gray also which doesnt help. Some may say its the stress that is catching up- maybe, who knows. I am 35 years old and have been battling this since I was 18, getting my first HT at 20. I had to resort to using a hair system for 10 years which was a complete pain in terms of maintenance (I had to clean my scalp, system and fit it every 3 days for 10 years so you can imagine the labour that went in) . Though it looked natural, it made me extremely self conscious about it though I kept a very plain face in front of the world. I think the biggest factor for me was ' why did I have to go through this experience in my prime'. As a child growing up, I had a very tough time being accepted by my peers out of no fault of my own so that really chipped away at my self esteem, I come from an asian origin , so big groups and family are the norm. I have 44 first cousins of whom non have hair-loss. I was always reminded or told growing up (whilst in my teens) that I would lose my hair as I have it genetically from both sides to which I would laugh off but as you all know, the bugger hit me hard very quick to the amusement of soo many that I came across, peers and family. It was bitter and it gave me that victims mentality which kept saying 'why me, why me, why me'. This issue held me back in many fronts and in social settings, I felt out of place. There were no shortage of people to point out my flaw and I could not hide it as like I said, MPB hit me hard. This really was the missing factor of my overall decent looking aesthetics. Despite going through the psychological drain, I was very athletic and even continued with my education.

Anyhow, what this has done to me over all these years is teach me how to stay motivated and hungry and see it as a challenge. In every bad, there is a good- thats what I have been told. Wearing a system often gave me sleepless nights. I didnt place my head directly onto a pillow for 10 years in the fear that my system would move out of place, so I had to resort sleeping with my head on my arms. Alot of freedom was lost in this sense.

After soo many years, I understand that what I had ventured out for, I may not get. So all that is required now is a change in strategy. SMP has given me some freedom back now- I can look at wind in the face, I can put my head on a pillow with no worry, I can step in and out of a shower at will without having to spend 10 minutes taking off system and then 10- 20 mins or even 30 mins putting it back on. I am a Teacher and still internally cringe when I get called bald by some students. Why wouldn't I? I entered HT to avoid it. But atleast I know I have the look of a shaved head and not bald bald. I take all these comments as fuel to become more stronger mentally. So much so.....that....wait for it...…I am going in for another HT in December...(dont spill your coffee now). You may be thinking 'but Azza , you have done 4 HTs, your donor isn't the best so what are you doing? You are right, but here is the thing. I have been through a lot so I have nothing to lose. I am going with Eugenix in India who do good work especially with body hair so my plan is to make a combination of beard and scalp to improve the situation as best as possible adding the SMP to the mix. You only live once, time wont stop, so why not. At least I know what I am going into and how to handle it better now. I am attaching some SMP pics for you to see. I would say its a good filler until you get a better solution but definitely not a life-long thing.
For me, my goal is now to get coverage from front to back and if possible some density. Focus will be on crown which has never had any work. Atleast there should be some improvement now that DHT has done the core damage that it had to do.

View attachment 33940 View attachment 33941
Nice writeup, I was not around when you were here but a important and interesting read for many.

You are saying that you are NW7 and lost almost everything, but in the end you are saying that you are going for another surgery with body hair at Eugenix?

I think the SMP suit you well, looks like some good work.

Do you have any photos with a little bit longer hair to see your situation now so many years later?

A

azza786

Valued member---
Nice writeup, I was not around when you were here but a important and interesting read for many.

You are saying that you are NW7 and lost almost everything, but in the end you are saying that you are going for another surgery with body hair at Eugenix?

I think the SMP suit you well, looks like some good work.

Do you have any photos with a little bit longer hair to see your situation now so many years later?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

See, the thing is had I not had SMP, I probs wouldn't consider another HT. But now that I have it and I can see how it is playing out, the whole point is to make use of whatever grafts are possible to aid the SMP. Eugenix have done cases similar to mine hence why I am giving it a shot.

I have attached some pics from when I last had it long which was in Sept 2020. This was the same time I was using a hair system so the hair is very unevenly cut. However, you can see what is there. I would think that my scalp is perhaps healthier now that it is free from a 24/7 hair system so in turn there may be some benefit to whatever hair is there.

1657489969390.png
1657490001728.png

1657490049199.png

loui

loui

Valued member
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

See, the thing is had I not had SMP, I probs wouldn't consider another HT. But now that I have it and I can see how it is playing out, the whole point is to make use of whatever grafts are possible to aid the SMP. Eugenix have done cases similar to mine hence why I am giving it a shot.

I have attached some pics from when I last had it long which was in Sept 2020. This was the same time I was using a hair system so the hair is very unevenly cut. However, you can see what is there. I would think that my scalp is perhaps healthier now that it is free from a 24/7 hair system so in turn there may be some benefit to whatever hair is there.

View attachment 33944View attachment 33945
View attachment 33946
Alright, you have quite some area to cover. Do you have any scalp grafts left that can be harvested?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Azza. It`s good to hear from you after all these years.

Your youth certainly sounds like it was a traumatic time. Thankfully, you have used it to your advantage and made yourself more determined in life. This is a great testament to your character. Kids and family can be cruel with remarks but you have risen above it.

Using the hair system for all those years must have been draining. Not being able to sleep normally as well, you`ve been through it.

The SMP looks good on you. I`m pleased it has allowed you more freedom and flexibility
Has Eugenix indicated how many scalp and beard grafts they think you have available?
I know we talked a lot about your poor yield years ago. Were any underlying conditions ever found?
Are you taking any hair loss meds to improve donor availability as it looks like you lost quite a bit of transplanted hair.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I read this twice over earlier on my way home. Good for you turning something negative in your life into a positive.
Best wishes for your next surgery.