• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

BBC weatherman Simon King has hair transplant at MHR clinic

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
38 Year old Simon King the BBC weatherman has opened up to the press about having a hair transplant. Had to laugh a little as the press are reporting it as a success....what's that all about he's only just had the procedure lol. Anyway i wish him all the best obviously and it's good that more and more tv personalities are opening up about their transplants.

Can't say i know much about the clinic MHR either or their doctor so it will be interesting to follow his progress on TV and see how his hair comes along.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-weatherman-simon-king-opens-14051468

Shera

Shera

I think he probably could have done with more than 4000 hairs which is approx 1800 grafts. The rest of his hair would indicate a pretty good donor area, I would have thought nearer 3000 grafts would have been ideal for him.

Not a big fan of clinics that quote hairs, similar effort goes into transplanting a 1 hair graft as a 4 hair graft!

Why charge more?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It does not mention a doctor at all. I`ve asked Simon on Twitter how many grafts he got and who the doctor was but he seems to be ignoring me. Must be cloudy up there, obscuring his vision and ability to reply.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
38 Year old Simon King the BBC weatherman has opened up to the press about having a hair transplant. Had to laugh a little as the press are reporting it as a success....what's that all about he's only just had the procedure lol. Anyway i wish him all the best obviously and it's good that more and more tv personalities are opening up about their transplants.

Can't say i know much about the clinic MHR either or their doctor so it will be interesting to follow his progress on TV and see how his hair comes along.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bbc-weatherman-simon-king-opens-14051468

Even as 'celebrity' transplants get more and more common, the media still seem unable to grasp this basic fact. The success of a transplant will be determined after a year or so - not the next day.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That made me laugh Bigmac!

Are MHR a chain of clinics like DHI or is it just the one place?

After a quick look, they do have a few locations, one being in Ireland.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Even as 'celebrity' transplants get more and more common, the media still seem unable to grasp this basic fact. The success of a transplant will be determined after a year or so - not the next day.

You are correct Pete, they usually get it wrong.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I mean, two minutes on Google will tell them the timeline of a hair transplant. Wonder if they actually do any research at all.