• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Best FUT doctor in the US

Z

ZLD

Who is the best doctor in the US for large FUT surgery? I think I`ll need somewhere in the region of 6000 grafts to get decent coverage which means getting the most out of my donor. Depending on how it turns out I may have FUE afterward which will maximize the number of grafts available.

Please share your thoughts!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hello ZLD.
Thats a big surgery you’re thinking about.
What is your current hair loss situation?

Doctors you may want to consider in the US for FUT are.
Ron Shapiro
Jerry Cooley
Carlos Wesley
David josephitis
Alan Feller
Robert Dorin
Bob Haber
Sharon Keene

There is Hasson and Wong in Canada if you’re on to travel.

The above clinics are a good starting point to base your research on.

Z

ZLD

Appreciate the reply Mac. I’ve stayed at NW 5 since 2015 without it progressing. Not on any hair loss meds. Don’t see the need now and my hair loss has stopped.
I’ll look at the doctors you’ve kindly mentioned.

Z

ZLD

What are your thoughts on doctor Konoir and doctor Panine both in Chicago?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot about Dr Konoir. Definitely worth adding to your list.
Good luck with your research and take your time.

Z

ZLD

Does anyone know why some donor closures are made with staples and others sutures? I'm trying to find out if one produces a better scar. With sutures the trcho closure appears to be the preferred choice. The top layer of skin overlaps the bottom allowing hairs to grow through the scar line but staples only pull the two edges together. I want the best chance of a pencil thin scar.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This is Dr Bernstein's explanation.

Sutures are great on non-hair bearing skin and allow perfect approximation of the wound edges, but on the scalp, they can cause damage to hair follicles below the skin’s surface. The reason is that a running (continuous) suture traps hair follicles and when the skin swells (as it normally does after hair transplants) the trapped follicles can strangulate and die.

Since staples are placed individually – about ½ cm apart – they don’t strangle the tissue. This allows the blood supply to flow freely to the wound edge permitting the blood’s oxygen to reach the follicles in the stapled area and minimizing the risk of any hair loss. The unimpeded blood flow also facilitates wound healing and can sometimes result in a finer scar, particularly in a tight scalp.

For these reasons, we now use staples in most of our hair transplants.