• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Best place to receive a hair transplantin the Boston area?

D

Driscoll88

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for advice on where the best place to get a hair transplant is. I live in southern NH which is about 40 minutes from Boston Massachusetts. I previously had a transplant when I was younger at bosley. It was a very small procedure because my hair loss was minor at the time. However, I wasn’t all that impressed by the results. If anyone could provide me with some information I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I don`t know who would be classed as the best in that area but you do have True and Dorin who have a place in Boston. What is your hair loss situation now? Have you checked into hair loss medications?

D

Driscoll88

I don`t know who would be classed as the best in that area but you do have True and Dorin who have a place in Boston. What is your hair loss situation now? Have you checked into hair loss medications?
Yes, I currently use finasteride 1mg daily, rogaine daily, and nioxin shampoo. Iv been using the rogaine and finasteride for years. It seems to help but I’m still receding in the front still, and the back (crown) is starting to thin slightly.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You may need to switch to Dutestaride if the Finasteride stops working. It`s a tricky thing hair loss. You may lose a little more, then keep everything else forever. What is your family history and hair loss patterns?

D

Driscoll88

My mom's side is very good. All my uncles and her father still have lots of hair. However, my dad is very thin. His father and brother have a lot of hair but he started to really thin out in his early forty’s. I've never actually heard of dutasteride, to be honest.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like not much history of hair loss but it can skip a generation.
Dutasteride is also known as Avodart, it inhibits the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, which means less sensitivity. This stops the hair follicles from narrowing, resulting in the return of thicker, healthy hair.
There are two types of 5-alpha reductase; the other popular hair loss treatment, Finasteride, inhibits type II 5-alpha reductase. Dutasteride inhibits both types and is much more potent than Finasteride. It is, therefore, viable treatment for male pattern baldness in men who have tried Finasteride with little, or diminishing, success.

D

Driscoll88

That sounds like something I’m definitely interested in talking to my doctor about. I would still really like to get a transplant to fix my hairline. The average person wouldn’t notice, but it bothers me so much every single day. I hate seeing the hairs fall out as I shampoo it in the mornings, it’s super depressing.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes speak with your doctor about it, see what they recommend.

D

Driscoll88

One last question. Not sure if you’ve heard of Leonard Hair Transplant Associates, but if so, any idea how their work is?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve met Dr Leonard at a few conferences. He comes across as a nice ethical guy. I`ve not looked at his results and feedback though, so I can`t really help you out on this one.

D

Driscoll88

Well I thank you very much for the information. You were a very big help.
Sean

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, keep us informed if you do go ahead. It would be nice to have a Dr Leonard patient document their story on here.