• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

best shampoo (post op)

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Can anyone recommend a good shampoo to use post op? I will be at day 14 soon and looking to use someting that wouldn't harm my scalp. By the way, it is ok to use anti dandruff - Head and Shoulders etc?- I am really suffering on the dandruff front

cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

After 10 days i used any shampoo i wanted too.

If you want something a little better i know Bullitnut uses Nioxin which he likes very much.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
yeah bm i like nioxin dude:)

hi BW, i had my hair washed at SMG the day after my procedure with nioxin i just loved the smell so ive been using it every few days without any problems ever since, as i wanted to stick with the same shampoo SMG used.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
In the entire time that I have been helping people and learning on forums not one person has ever taken my advise to try a shampoo called Vitalize (by Shen Min) No I do not believe that it will help grow hair but I think it is a great daily shampoo that cleanses and does help the natural sheen and health of the hair. Very cheap also. Can someone humour me and try it??;ss;

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I'll humor you. Where do I buy this cheap shampoo cuz my hair could use good cleansing and natural sheen.

I have too many of these }:BY:>?

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
You can buy it at shenmin.com Ofcourse shen min is some chinese herb that is suppose to be a natural DHT blocker and hair "stimulator" but I never truly believed it would do anything other than give you healthy hair which I believe it does. It should cost $10.99 for 8 oz which is relatively cheap considering nioxin and other specialty shampoos. Ofcourse not as cheap as the generic dollar store stuff.

Thanks for humouring me. Can't wait to see your lustrous beautiful hair. You'll have to give us before and after pics-ofcourse outside at the beach in the sun (in bikini) just so that we can get a true sense of the legitimacy. Scientific purposes only.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member

Ok, I ordered your cheap shampoo. Too bad the shipping costs almost the same as the product - so I ordered two. It better be good or I'm coming for ya. I should receive them before my trip abroad. IF I don't have lusterous clean hair with natural sheen, it'll be NN's fault.

Order Number: 648

Date Ordered: Thursday 19 February, 2009 Detailed Invoice:

https://www.shenmin.com

------------------------------------------------------

2 x Shen Min ® Vitalize Shampoo (37000.015) = $21.98

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $21.98

United Parcel Service (1 Boxes) (Ground): $8.33

Total: $30.31

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
¬b` OK. Deal. But remember, there is only one way we truly can judge.:::C

NN

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Hmmm....

Attachments

• Pigs_fly.gif
    Pigs_fly.gif
    58.1 KB · Views: 709
janna

janna

Valuable Member
You got me. The only thing is the one day its warm enough for a swimuit here in Minnesota, its too humid for anyones hair to look good. So the study will definately be thrown off anyway.

M

mountinvan

Valued member
I didn't think it was ever warm enuf to swim outside in Minnesota. Since I've now seen flying pigs, I can believe anything!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I see you're familiar with our climate. It's pretty rare but we do get some very hot, humid weather in the summer so it's either too hot or too cold.........I keep wondering what I'm still doing here c;;9. Hawaii sounds pretty good right now.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nervousnelly wrote:
In the entire time that I have been helping people and learning on forums not one person has ever taken my advise to try a shampoo called Vitalize (by Shen Min) No I do not believe that it will help grow hair but I think it is a great daily shampoo that cleanses and does help the natural sheen and health of the hair. Very cheap also. Can someone humour me and try it??;ss;

NN

Hi NN

I`ve got some Vitalize shampoo,been using it for a few days now.It does make my hair feel and look good.

Dont think it thickens it much though.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Does the scalp tingle while using it?(you have to leave in a bit) No, I guess I can't say that it thickens hair as they say but I do believe that it is a very healthy natural shampoo that cleans without making things harsh. To me, a person should change up their shampoo from time to time but I like that it doesn't make things dry, flat, or over done.

I look at it as a shampoo that will keep the hair and scalp healthy because there are limited chemicals. It gives a great environment for things. Certainly there are better smelling shampoos but sometimes there is a price to pay.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I haven`t been leaving it on long,just applying then washing it off.I`ll leave it on longer from now on.I dont mind the smell of it.

I still think Nanothick is great to thicken the hair,maybe worth a try alternating between the two.