• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Best Vitamins / Minerals etc for hair..

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all...

I have read on several forums about what supplements people take that are supposed to be good for hair.. and health in general..

I take a multivitamin.... but I wondered what is best for healthy hair...

Cheers

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
i take msm and its probably me just being daft, but im sure its making my donor area seem to be growing faster and thicker.:)

timuk

timuk

BN... Yep I take MSM, but only 1 tablet a day... am going to increase this now..

Hmmmmm...

I am sure its not just paranoia now... I am 110% convinced that I am shedding at a crazy rate... have noticed that I can now make out the old plugs... which I could not do before..

I have read up on "diet related hairloss"... seems that it could be related to any diet that causes fast weight loss..

I have lost around 12lb in the last 4 weeks... and it has been during this time that I think the shedding has occurred..

Tried to take some pics.. but they do not show what I can see by looking in a mirror....

So... have stopped the diet and am going to stuff myself with food from now on...

May as well be fat and hairy.....but this leads me to this topic about vitamins and lack of them on a strict diet... though I do take a multivitamin evey day...

Who knows... could be just coincidence or like I thinkas NN mentioned a seasonal thing... maybe it was BigM ...

Timbo..

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
People will shed with certain seasons but not usually to the point where the loss becomes noticeable. Keep an eye on things. Possibly it is a little loss of native hair that was leaving you anyways. Make sure that you do eat healthy and use good products on your hair. I also am a firm believer in not stressing too much about things or it can be a factor.

NN

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
ive been shedding for about 3 weeks, the bath hole is getting blocked up after a shower, shedding sucks::;mbdont think diets have much to do with hair loss unless you live in a 3rd world country

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Hey Tim,

I'd bet anything it's just a seasonal shedding. The only other thing that would make sense is more native loss or a change in your meds; but w/respect to native loss you said that your noticing it in the hair line area & you really didn't have significant native hair left there, right? Did you start purchasing your meds (proscar & rogaine) from a new source; you don't buy them online do you? Have you changed dosage, maybe rogaine twice a day now? You don't store them in some extreme temperatures and/or they haven't expired, have they? Just covering all the bases!

I could see how this would be nerve racking, especially given that you were so patient waiting for your final result. I would contact Dr. Fellers office (maybe Spex) and describe the situation. Maybe you can get a better feel for what amounts of 'loss' could be expected from a seasonal shed & how long it will last. TBH I'm not too familiar w/hair loss from acute weight loss, but I would assume any hair lost as a result of this would only be temporary as result of a shock to the system. I recall reading (on another forum) about a woman who went through an extremely stressful period & lost a TON of hair; but when the stressful period subsided her hair returned to normal. I'd try not to worry & contact Feller/Spex...Keep us posted.

BTW just what was this diet you were on anyway? It was one of those Atkins (zero carb) diets?

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

Hi N2...

Having read your post there are several things that could be responsible... also maybe I am being a little paranoid.. I was thinking that maybe its to do with having my hair cut shorter and also maybe due to a new camera which takes far better / clearer pictures... who knows.. I think my best option is to wait and see...

As for seasonal... I do know that my hair seemed to thin or seemed thinner coming up to the summer months, in the past I put this down to the mornings being brighter, so when I was getting ready for work in the morning this "extra" light showed my hair loss more..

There is also the diet, yep.. its a very low carb diet similar to Atkins but not so extreme... I also started a new batch of Proscar about 5 weeks ago.. the same time I started the diet.

I have decided to stop the diet, I am below my goal wait now.... am starting back at the gym next week and also taking up Scuba diving lessons starting Tuesday... so I intend to change to a varied healthy diet with exercise....

Anyway... cheers for the support ... will keep you all posted..

NN..

Stress... I have been rushed off my feet with regard to work even more than usual over the past couple of months... its 24/7... so... but to be honest I do have a relaxed attitude and tend to not worry about things in general..

Who knows.. going to give it some more time, go with the flow and see what occurs..

Timbo..

Last edited:
Waylander

Waylander

Too Many Minds - No Mind
Diets can affect hair growth if they are severely short on calories 'n nutrition, but as long as it's a sensible diet with adequate nutritional supplements it shouldn't make a difference... Let's face it, there are no shortage of fat bald guys, are there? A bad diet is about bad nutrition, not the amount of food - plus exercise increases blood flow even to the scalp...

There are loads of Hair Nutritional Supplements out there, just get one from a legit Health Store...

Vit. A. (not too much, excess can cause temp. hairloss)

Vit. B. Complex (a good strong one) - Inc. Biotin

Vit. C. 1000mg

Vit. D.

Vit. E.

Calcium

Magnesium

Manganese

Iodine (very important)

Kelp (great source of Iodine, actually said to help the hair grow faster as it increases metabolism, and a healthy Thyroid output of Thyroxine - essential for healthy hair growth cycle)...

M.S.M. Is good for hair, nails, skin, and joints...

Hope some of this helps guys -x-