• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Boozing Post Op (?).

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Not that I'm chomping at the bit to get on the sauce or anything :T: but when is it safe to have some vino or beer post op? My instructions said don't drink for five days post op...had the surgery Tuesday, so technically today is the fifth day. i'm just bored out of my mind & I can't really go out and do anything. My eyes are still swollen a bit and I look like a down syndrome baby.

Sitting here playing pac man (thanks for the games BM) bored out of my mind...

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
As long as you're not on painkillers anymore you should be fine to drink.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Mmmm New Castle...I had two tylenol 3's a couple hours ago...am I good to go if I wait four hours after I've had them?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
I thought you'd be done with painkillers by now. I wouldn't recommend mixing at all. Couple hours or even 4 hours isn't long enough imo. But you should check with Dr. Hasson's office to get the okay.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
N2...

I started to have a couple of beers in the evening about 6 days post op... mainly to help me sleep....(bloody staples)... I found 2 bottles and a "Tyranol Night" pill did wonders...

:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
NG,whats your high score om Pac Man as you should be good at it.

For the Vino,i drank a few days after,although i wasn`t taking any pain meds at all.IMO you`ll be fine as long as you aren`t drinking excessive amounts as we dont want you bumping your head.

bm.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

BM pac man---I can't pass level 6 for the life of me! ;;::::/
Thanks guys. Actually, this breather from the booze is turning out to be a good thing. When I drink I tend to do so in copious amounts & sometimes it REALLY fries my nervous system the next day (red wine). ~'') Actually, I feel much better and it's nice to wake up at godly hours. Perhaps I can try my hand at this thing normal people call 'moderation' now. '''ss''

I dunno, I always assume most single guys who live alone tend to have a few drinks at night several times a week..

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi NG,

I know it can get quite boring through the initial healing period. Thought I'd share a funny pic with you. This little place was in the same courtyard in UK as the clinic we used to hold consults. Not sure if the patients noticed but I had to take a pic of it as I didn't know if anyone would believe me. Well, thought you'd appreciate it.

ppnoodle.jpg

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

)(_:: sounds like they really go the extra mile w/your noodle!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi NG

You do feel good the next day when you haven`t drank as much buy the night before isn`t as much fun.:)

As for Pacman,level three for me and i`m done.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Janna

I remember seeing that Noodle bar and having a good laugh.

Strangely enough it reminded me of someone.:)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ng.

You back on the Vino or sticking to the waking up feeling good factor.

bm.