• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

bullitnuts repair story with smg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good mate.

To be honest when i met you and took those original pictures i was fearing the worst as i thought your donor looked very thin and i would never have guessed that you would be able to have a 2500 graft session with more in reserve.

This of course was my opinion/personal thoughts only.

I`m so pleased Dr Shapiro was able to harvest so much donor hair safely.

Looking forward to more updates.

Cheers bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
cheers bm

just to let you guys know its ten days today so i had my sutures removed this morning at my local nhs walk in centre

i was a little afraid going in but when you approach the counter you dont have to tell them its for ht sutures/staples removing you can say its personal i was told.

when i went in the nurse was very nice and understanding and also intrigued as i explained the procedure she was only around 25 and said she hadn't seen anything like it before. She then went to get her collegue to come and explain how to remove the sutures as she was new to this.

This lovely old dear came in then and began to take out my sutures i was afraid it would be painful but guys i can assure you it was pain free

The old nurse then said that in 45years of working in the medical profession she had never seen such a fantastic and neat scar before she made the comment that the docs in america must be better than over here, i agreed and explained the trycho procedure the best i could.

She was gobsmacked and told me to pass it on to Dr Shapiro that his donor closure was simply superb.

Will post picks asap and what a feeling to have those sutures out mmmmmm heaven ¬b`

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thought you were getting them out tomorrow.

Anyway you may still have a few tender spots on your donor closures which are sore to touch and may cause a little discomfort but they soon subside.

Hopefully you wont have any.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

I was going to get them out tomorrow bud, but i gave our lasses mate who is a cleaner at the hospital a lift to work and i popped in as its next door to see if was empty....it was so i had them out then dude.
Glad i did now so far no tenderness pal ¬b`

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Here is Bullit's surgery data -

strip 1 - 7.5cm length x 1.4 cm width
strip 2 - 10.5cm length x 1.0 cm width
strip 3 - 10.5cm length x 1.5 cm width

Graft/Hair count
1's - 563
2's - 1148
3's - 496
4's - 48
dfu's - 142 (2 follicular units) planted in central core for density
total grafts: 2397 or 2539 graft equivalent for total of 5249 hairs

janna

janna

Valuable Member
bullitnut wrote:
She was gobsmacked and told me to pass it on to Dr Shapiro that his donor closure was simply superb.

Will post picks asap and what a feeling to have those sutures out mmmmmm heaven ¬b`

BN,

I'll pass it onto Dr. Ron. I'm glad the removal process went well. Keep the donor area in mind when shampooing still. I'm sure there's still scabbing back there too.

bullitnut

bullitnut

nice one j

regarding the shampooing will do, and thanks for the surgical data much appreciated.

by the way the avatars much improved looks more like you in person now:)

not that there was anything wrong with the other mind)(_::

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This avatar looks more like you person too!!!!!

Attachments

• 2[2].gif
    2[2].gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 2,467
bullitnut

bullitnut

¬b`very good i was trying to say your avatar was hot..... and you return the compliment by say i look like that lol. boo hoo
:T:

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
What???????

I think the dopey looking buck toothed, big eared, ginger guy is hot!. )(_::

You know I love ya and like to make fun, cocka!

bullitnut

bullitnut

Lol the avatars got my teeth, its not half as dopey as me, but its got more bloody hair than me at the moment. Scabs are coming away now cocka but they are stubborn swines lol but its getting there

Spencer Kobren

Spencer Kobren

You're on your way my man. Glad to see you doing well!

SpencerZ:B

bullitnut

bullitnut

thanks Spenser couldnt be happier mateZ:B

bullitnut

bullitnut

hi guys its now been 2 weeks since my ht with smg and nearly all my scabs have dissapeared. I

Ive just managed to buz my donor area to 12mm except for the right side as there is still the odd scab so i left that alone for now here are my pics.

Attachments

• PIC_0068.JPG
    PIC_0068.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,540
bullitnut

bullitnut

another

Attachments

• PIC_0067.JPG
    PIC_0067.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 2,525
bullitnut

bullitnut

yet another sorry guys lol

Attachments

• PIC_0063.JPG
    PIC_0063.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 2,596
Last edited:
bullitnut

bullitnut

donor clipped to 12mm

Attachments

• PIC_0070.JPG
    PIC_0070.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 2,497
bullitnut

bullitnut

last one :)

Attachments

• PIC_0069.JPG
    PIC_0069.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,520
Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Looking good. I like the haircut. I think that you need to consider this style when all is grown out.:)

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Looking good, BN.

I don't know if this was discussed yet on here, but I addressed it somewhat on another message board because someone asked if BN was given just how much more hairs he has on reserve.

Dr. Ron estimated he could probably get another 2000 grafts. We'll see for his next procedure exactly how lax his donor area will be, but we'll most likely set a goal of 15-2000 grafts. Dr. Ron set out to address as much as he could with what was given for his first procedure. Dr. Ron has laid a good foundation down for now and adding another 2000 or so will improve things a bit further. We'll also be able to excise a bit more of his old donor scar at that time too.

Next procedure will not be in January of 2010. We'll spare him the frigid Minnesota weather and plan for Spring of 2010. It's much prettier here in Spring.