• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Chronic Telogen Effluvium and Minoxidil

M

Mariam63

I've been experiencing hair shedding for 9 years and recently I got diagnosed with Chronic Telogen Effluvium. My doctor didn't draw out a biopsy but he examined my scalp closely under a microscope. He also looked at my blood test, ferritin levels and thyroid tests. All within a normal range. He prescribed Ferroglobin, Perfectil and Minoxidil. Now I'm a bit apprehensive towards using Minoxidil as it should be applied for the rest of a person's life. Anybody has any experience with Chronic TE and Minoxidil?

M

mania

Yes most of the time the minoxidil can help for many people ...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I've been experiencing hair shedding for 9 years and recently I got diagnosed with Chronic Telogen Effluvium. My doctor didn't draw out a biopsy but he examined my scalp closely under a microscope. He also looked at my blood test, ferritin levels and thyroid tests. All within a normal range. He prescribed Ferroglobin, Perfectil and Minoxidil. Now I'm a bit apprehensive towards using Minoxidil as it should be applied for the rest of a person's life. Anybody has any experience with Chronic TE and Minoxidil?

It would be great to hear back to see if this new regimen worked for you.