• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Conflicting answers by different clinics, what are your thoughts?

J

jaimepn

I'm not happy with my transplant (done in Natural Hair Turkey),details can be found in my other threads.

I've been in touch with AEK (Dr. Karadeniz) because of good reviews in this forum.

Whilst other clinics (eg, ASMED) demand a 12 months wait to consider a hair transplant, AEK said 6 months is enough. Is this a red flag? Or not necessarily? Tbh I'd be relieved to fix my first transplant as early as possible. I really not keen on waiting 12 months with a weird hair.

Also, they don't seem to use microscope (again, as opposed to ASMED),but magnifying lenses instead. Again not sure if this is a red flag. I do know they have good results, and the dr. is accredited by some associations (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery). Should this be enough to give me peace of mind?

Also, most these well established clinics and accredited doctors do not use DHI technique. This is something almost exclusively cheaper clinics advertise as the most modern technique / with fastest recovery. Or it this just my impression?

What are your opinions on this?
I screwed my hair transplant once. I don't want to do it again.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
From what I've read on patient timelines they all waited at least a year before getting another.

B

BransonT

I'm not happy with my transplant (done in Natural Hair Turkey),details can be found in my other threads.

I've been in touch with AEK (Dr. Karadeniz) because of good reviews in this forum.

Whilst other clinics (eg, ASMED) demand a 12 months wait to consider a hair transplant, AEK said 6 months is enough. Is this a red flag? Or not necessarily? Tbh I'd be relieved to fix my first transplant as early as possible. I really not keen on waiting 12 months with a weird hair.

Also, they don't seem to use microscope (again, as opposed to ASMED),but magnifying lenses instead. Again not sure if this is a red flag. I do know they have good results, and the dr. is accredited by some associations (American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery). Should this be enough to give me peace of mind?

Also, most these well established clinics and accredited doctors do not use DHI technique. This is something almost exclusively cheaper clinics advertise as the most modern technique / with fastest recovery. Or it this just my impression?

What are your opinions on this?
I screwed my hair transplant once. I don't want to do it again.
Hello Jaime

I am also looking for the clinics in Turkey. I did research about hair transplant in general last week and now I am searching for a hair transplant clinic in Turkey.

So I will answer your general questions about hair transplant. Since I read a lot last week:D

Firstly as I know there is no problem to do hair transplant after 6 months if you are doing your second operation on a different area of scalp. Because the healing of donor area will be completed after 6 months. However If you will transplant on the same area then you should wait at least one year.

About DHI: Many professional Clinics in U.K. does not provide DHI. However the main reason is not the quality of DHI technique. The main reason is the labor cost. DHI provides high density on the specific area of scalp, however it is not an option if you have a huge balding area.

And what I mean by labor cost is, for example with FUE technique it would take 3-4 hours to transplant 3000 Grafts. However with DHI it would maybe take 8-10 hours. That is why many clinics says that they can not implement more than 2500 Grafts with one session of DHI.

First of all don't fall on advertisement techniques of the clinics. DHI is not the most modern technique. But I think it is the newest one, that is true. However it does not mean that DHI is better than FUE. It totally depends on your balding. If you have a huge balding area I would suggest to go with FUT or FUE. If you have a receding area and if you want to increase the density and if the needed graft number is less than 2500 Graft then you can proceed with DHI.

This week I will do a broad research about the clinics in Turkey.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Branson, how will you conduct your research on these clinics?
What’s your hair loss situation?
Where are you from?