• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Decent hair transplant clinics

M

Mark

Thank you very much for your very informative info Bobbins,appreciate it.

S

SMITA SRIVASTAVA

hi i have seen your pics according to me you should go for hair wigs or patches being a woman i too was scared of hair loss but one of my friend advice me to go for hair wigs . This had made me look confident again

M

MaxMidlander

Excellent info Bobbins . I'm doing lots ov research here first . Have to get this right . So many options tho !

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

I think the guys have said it all , try the hairloss medications as suggested take pictures now and compare in 6 month -12 month time and you can always go and get some consultations and they will advice on your donor bank so to speak , research and more research you need to find the right Surgeon and Clinic and always if possible try and meet with patients who have been their , take your time mate you got good people on here to support and give you advice based on their experience .

E

electricdaisies

Hi

I think the guys have said it all , try the hairloss medications as suggested take pictures now and compare in 6 month -12 month time and you can always go and get some consultations and they will advice on your donor bank so to speak , research and more research you need to find the right Surgeon and Clinic and always if possible try and meet with patients who have been their , take your time mate you got good people on here to support and give you advice based on their experience .

All the "advice" I've seen on here so far is to do research... along with various warnings about not rushing into it etc. This "research" stage is honestly the most stressful part of needing a transplant! Which is the main reason I've put it off for so long.

Some people recommend Turkey because they are very experienced due to the volume of patients, then you see others say "Why would you go to Turkey?!?!"

I saw Dr Bicer recommended but I have been quoted $10,000 for the first transplant, knowing I will need a second - which is way more than I was bargaining for (seems more on par with UK pricing). I've since seen others say that her price has gone through the roof. And they wouldn't even give me an indication on where the hair line would be... I was expected to pay that blind, effectively.

Another recommendation was Cosmedica whose quote was much more reasonable, but then I see posts here saying it is a hair farm. I don't even know what that means but it doesn't sound good? A search on here yields no results, before I get jumped and told to "research" by the regulars.

C

cooty

Valued member
Hi Mark. Phil & Bobbins give good advice - definitely try medication for a year; a good surgeon wouldn't do surgery unless you've tried it and seen what the results are as that determines what coverage you'd need for now and for the future which must always be taken into consideration regarding potential future loss. A lot use Finasteride which is the best for retention and regrowth if you don't suffer the side effects, but it doesn't work for everyone. I did get sides and use Regaine only.
I wanted to use a UK clinic and did a lot of research on them all, and would concur with those above about Dr Ball, the Maitland clinic being the best in the UK, in fact he'd be the only one I'd use, but if you want to have your transplant to cover your whole head all done in one surgery, then you'd have to look overseas, which is what I did. But as the guys have said get your consultations done over here first - Dr Ball is the best and most accurate as the other UK clinics differed wildly as I have recounted on JFR8's post (copied link to it below) - and that was also the case for the overseas clinic with the only other clinic able to give me an accurate consultation was Hattingen. Remember that you only have a certain amount of grafts available in your donor, so its vital that they are not wasted and that you go with a good surgeon with a good record for graft survival rates. Again, Dr Ball and Hattingen fall into this category - but the consultation is important in this too so that you know what your donor hair characteristics are - your hair thickness, how many folicular units per sq cm, how many hairs per follicle etc. as this is what enables the surgeon to know how many grafts are required for the coverage you want and also how many you have to provide from your donor.

I personally would never recommend India or Turkey - there may be some good ones but I did not consider them as the majority of them are generally hair mills and I would not trust a clinic there with something as important as surgery on my head in case I didn't get the right results.

I hope this helps, and essentially I agree with whats been said about taking the meds for a year, and I'd suggest when you do consultations to post whats been said on here so that members with first hand knowledge and experience can give you advice from there, with regards to whats been said by the clinic and who the clinic is.

Here's the JFR8 post thats worth reading and my comments regarding consultations and advice on it - https://www.hairlossexperiences.com...two-opposing-opinions.11865/page-3#post-96680

JasonAnderson

JasonAnderson

Although this is a rather old thread, I'd like to join and share my suggestions. It's great to see that you're taking the time to research and find the right hair transplant clinic for you. Investing in yourself and your appearance is always a wise choice.

Doron HDC coordinator

Doron HDC coordinator

For Consultation with HDC WhatsApp +972526542654
How old are you?

B

Bobbins

All the "advice" I've seen on here so far is to do research... along with various warnings about not rushing into it etc. This "research" stage is honestly the most stressful part of needing a transplant! Which is the main reason I've put it off for so long.

Some people recommend Turkey because they are very experienced due to the volume of patients, then you see others say "Why would you go to Turkey?!?!"

I saw Dr Bicer recommended but I have been quoted $10,000 for the first transplant, knowing I will need a second - which is way more than I was bargaining for (seems more on par with UK pricing). I've since seen others say that her price has gone through the roof. And they wouldn't even give me an indication on where the hair line would be... I was expected to pay that blind, effectively.

Another recommendation was Cosmedica whose quote was much more reasonable, but then I see posts here saying it is a hair farm. I don't even know what that means but it doesn't sound good? A search on here yields no results, before I get jumped and told to "research" by the regulars.
It's tricky. There's a balance between giving advice and telling someone what to do.

'Do your own research' is really another way of saying:
- I do not know what aesthetic you like, or which doctor would be able to offer that
- This whole think is a calculated gamble. We'd recommend you understand the risks and make the choice, it's your appearance after all
- You need to understand this is a trade off. You're moving hairs, which limits what you can achieve. Again, you need to be well informed to understand that and make that trade off yourself.
- We generally don't know your budget or risk tolerance. Without those, it's hard to give you good advice.

Hair mills (large operations where multiple patients are seen each day and where normally Doctors do not perform the procedure) can and have delivered fantastic results. However, you may get the technician that is newly trained and effectively be a guinea pig.

People who categorically advise not to go to them are more risk averse. That's fine, and understandable.

However, you need to come to that risk/cost/convenience decision yourself.
.. and we are back to DYOR.

Alex cody

Alex cody

Hey, which is the best clinic? Please share your views here as I'm also facing same problem and looking for a clinic.

C

cooty

Valued member
Hey, which is the best clinic? Please share your views here as I'm also facing same problem and looking for a clinic.
Hey Alex - I wholeheartedly recommend Hattingen Clinic, for many different reasons as covered in my Feb 9 2023 post on this chat above.
Its hard to advise what the best clinic for you is however without knowing what your loss is (do you have photos or can say what Norwood level you are?) and what you want to achieve.
If it helps you can see my journey on;- https://www.hairlossexperiences.com/threads/4899-fut-hattingen-hair-clinic.11963/page-5#post-99279
I'm 1 year post transplant - and am about to submit some more photos following my grade 3 haircut shortly.

M

MaxMidlander

Eugenix and Doctor Bicer look to be very good options for the money .

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
--> 1.5-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan,dr jebai ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, choiexpert.

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic, dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,dr maras(hdc clinic),dr das(eugenix clinic)

—> 3.5-5 euros per graft - dr de freitas,dr pinto ,de ferreira,dr pittela,dr zarev,dr couto,dr bisanga,dr mwamba,dr lupanzula , hattingen clinic ,dr insalaco,dr nadimi dr arika bansal (eugenix clinic)

—> 6 and above euros per graft - Dr Munib Ahmad , H&W , dr shapiro, dr konior, dr feriduni ,dr Sethi (eugenix clinic),

—> There are other good doctors who are not in the list as i don't know the prices of them or i don't have enough knowledge about them and will add them as i get some more information about them so you can do your own research for that or take opinions of other members....

Anyone can Correct me if there is some mistake in pricing and i will make the changes accordingly..and this list is just based on my research and knowledge and my personal choice and everyone are requested to do their own research before choosing a surgeon and don't take this list on face value as everyone will have different opinions and choices.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi I'm looking for a decent hair transplant clinic,more leaning towards one's that only do 1 or 2 operations aday,as I don't wanna be just a number in a group, so I've decided to spend abit more money, my limits are around from £1500 to £4500 or so. Area anywhere in Europe. I nearly went with a company called 'Top Clinic' bit they seemed very cheap and I stopped short at booking flights, was this the right call? That's why I'm willing to spend more and get better hopefully. Next problem I'm thinking is my hair too far gonna would you say, as I don't wanna half job as I may as well keep it shaved(has been shaved short for about a year) but I'd really like my hair back if possible.... I will attach pics later today, any help/info most welcome.
Hi Mark,
It's been a year since you first posted and you were given advice to start on hair loss preventative meds for a year before taking the HT surgery plunge. Did you take that advice? If so, can you update us?