• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

DHI method or Sapphire method for fue in Turkey

T

Tex

Has anyone had the Dhi or Sapphire fue in Turkey? I want to know which one is the best for the fue method.
I will have 2500 grafts transferred to the front bald area.

L

Leather Head

DHI is impanting the grafts with a Choi pen.
Sapphire is an incision site maker with a glass cutting edge.
Both are not FUE.
Follicular Unit Extraction is extraction of grafts.
A punch will be used to make a circular hole that cuts through the skin, allowing the graft to be pulled out.

T

Tex

Does this mean every clinic who say they use the Dhi method are using a Choi pen?

JohnB

JohnB

They are both FUE technique, for marketing purposes, they renamed it and if asked what's the difference, they say it is the punch they use, it is different. To be honest, anything out there is either FUE or FUT. If you want to know which of these techniques (DHI or Sapphire) I would say it depends on the surgeon but I wouldn't trust a clinic which tries marketing tricks to sound different..

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There are no clinics in Turkey that have been trained by DHI. Some of them will use Choi implanter pens but they are not to be confused with DHI Clinic.

T

Tex

It is confusing all the different terminologies but I`m beginning to understand it all now. FUE is FUE regardless of the name. Grafts are only extracted by the various FUE techniques and tools. If you don`t have FUE, the other option is FUT where a strip of skin is cut from the donor zone and dissected into individual follicles.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s good to hear you are doing your research, I hope the forum is helping you. Take your time too, no rash decisions, don`t rush into anything, you may live to regret it.

E

EsteBellah

Hi Tex.
I would like to give you more information about DHI or Sapphire FUE in Turkey.
FUE method: is to extract the hair follicles from the donor area using a special end micromotors and planted in bald areas. Shaving is needed both on the donor area and receiver area. There is a Channels opening step. Without incision and no trace of suture. Duration of the operation 6-8 hours and Healing time 10-15 days.
SAPPHIRE method: is also to extract the hair follicles from the donor area using a special end micromotors and planted in bald areas. Shaving is needed both on the donor area and receiver area. During the Channels opening step, it refers to the use of a special SAPHIR end (instead of a metal slot), It reduces the healing time 7-10 days. It offers also an advantage in the correct calculation of the directions and angles of the grafts in order to be same of the natural hair growing. Without incision and no trace of suture, Duration of the operation 8-12 hours.
DHI method:
grafts taken from the donor area with needle pens (CHOI pen) specially for DHI and implanted directly to receiver area (bald area). Shaving is needed on the donor area but no shaving on the receiver area. There is no Channels opening step, it is performed by the Choi pen in the same time of implant.The advantage of this method is that, the healing process is shorter 5-8 days. Therefore, this is also the preferred method of most women patients because no shaving on the implanted area. Duration of the operation 8-12 hours. Without incision and no suture.
There is one clinical hospital center who applies these 3 methods in Turkey. Its name is EsteCapelli in Istanbul, they use the painless anesthetic method in all techniques. At this Estecapelli clinic center, a painless procedure is performed due to a special needle-free anesthesia devices instead of needles used under local anesthesia.These devices allow anesthetic substances to penetrate the skin through the pores by spraying with pressure, so the patient never feel any pain or any suffering from injection during or after operation.
This EsteCapelli gives you a lifetime warranty of grafts growth. They can transplant no matter how much the number of graft is. They have already applied these methods on 10000 persons indeed they are well experienced. So there are high quality, good service and best results.

T

Tex

With due diligence, I am now aware that no clinics other than DHI Clinics provide the DHI technique.

HTP1

HTP1

SAPPHIRE method: is also to extract the hair follicles from the donor area using a special end micromotors and planted in bald areas. Shaving is needed both on the donor area and receiver area. During the Channels opening step, it refers to the use of a special SAPHIR end (instead of a metal slot), It reduces the healing time 7-10 days.
Any source for this? I keep reading about X % better healing time, and Y % less scarring. Never seen a source yet.