• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

DHI unshaven

reddude

reddude

Valued member
It's similar to FUE. Basically they extract the hair the same way but when they insert the grafts they use a special tool that puches a hole and inserts graft rather than making slits and then inserting each graft like FUE.

reddude

reddude

Valued member
I'm not sure but I think the procedure is quicker than FUE.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks for updating us with your 14 week progress picture, it does look like things are starting to happen for you. 14 weeks is very early in terms of growth but the coming months should be very exciting for you and i hope you keep us updated here.
Just remember crowns are renowned for being slower at growing so patience is the key with crown work dude (although you probably already know this ).
Best wishes BN;)

reddude

reddude

Valued member
Thanks BN. Yeah I've read that the crown is generally slower st growing after HT. I don't mind the wait. Hopefully in the end it'll be worth it.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Thanks for posting your experience with DHI that amount of grafts should give a nice cosmetic improvement all the very best wishing you great growth

Kind Regards

Dazz

reddude

reddude

Valued member
Thanks Dazz. Your results look excellent. Real big change in your hair. All the best.

K

Kerbo

Valued member
Hi mate. Can I ask what DHI clinic you went to? I'm 3 days post op with DHI Glasgow and couldn`t have asked for a better medical team/experience, minus the last half an hour but that`s a different story. The main thing is your work looks neat and tidy. Hope your recovering well

Last edited by a moderator:
reddude

reddude

Valued member
Nearly 20 weeks. Pretty slow going.

Attachments

• 20171108_160117.jpg
    20171108_160117.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 542
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend
That is starting to come in now just have to be patient the crown does seem to take a wee bit more time than other areas keep positive friend all will be good

Cheers

Daz

bullitnut

bullitnut

Things are definately progressing in the right direction dude, looks to have improved a fair bit from week 14 to week 20 pal;)
Thanks for the update

reddude

reddude

Valued member
6 month progress. Still not sure it will turn out too great. Picture without flash

Attachments

• 20171223_123958.jpg
    20171223_123958.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 433
reddude

reddude

Valued member
Picture with flash

Attachments

• 20171223_123752.jpg
    20171223_123752.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 477
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Crowns do take longer to grow. There is a definite change in yours. Your crown reminds me of my own when I first started out.

reddude

reddude

Valued member
Thanks for the encouraging words BM. Hope your crown turned out well in the end :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I did lose more hair in my crown and needed another ht but I got there. Also, Finasteride has helped keep the rest of it.

bullitnut

bullitnut

There's definitely been some significant growth so far imo dude and your still only 6 months pal so you could get more growth as crowns are usually much slower to come through buddy.;)

Attachments

• 20170419_141515-01-01.jpeg
    20170419_141515-01-01.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 462