• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Do new natives feel the same as transplanted hairs?

H

Hairforever

Valued member
It's fair too early since my transplant for there to be any new growth surely but I was wondering if native hairs feel the same (stubbly) as transplanted hairs when they grow through the scalp? I can feel the hard stubble but maybe that happens anyway with native hair, it's just that prior to the transplant I'm not touching my head hoping to feel new growth!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes they feel the same,i can feel areas where i have no transplants and can feel the stubbles coming through which is the same as when i kept feeling my transplanted areas wishing them to sprout.

bm.

H

Hairforever

Valued member
Thanks everyone for your responses. It's just a waiting game for me.
When feeling the stubble of hairs growing through I never detect it at the sides or back of my head, only on top.

H

Hairforever

Valued member
I'm past 5 months now Bigmac and I'm feeling more stubbles coming through so it seems like things are happening. The overall change in my appearance is very subtle at this stage but I'm optimistic about the end result.

Wish I'd heard about SMG at the start of my ht journey 7 years ago but I guess there's a few of us on here in that same boat. Will have a go at taking some pics in the new year when there's a bit more progress.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear from you,I`ll look forward to seeing your next set of pictures.

Cheers bm.

C

Claude

More importantly, do they look the same as your native hair and blend in naturally! Not much point having a transplant if you spend the rest of your time disguising it.