• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Donar area recovery

W

William1987

Hi, I’m 3.5 months since my fue and this is my donar area. I’m told to wait up until 6 months for it to recover completely but I am getting worried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m told to apply minoxidil and do prp. I’m taking finasteride since day of my op

The 3rd photo was 3 weeks after my op

E16405F7-37CD-4C87-AA56-0D55770EDCF7.jpeg
AE182E7F-44FB-4A9A-AB9E-A8578A58089D.jpeg
8A5E08A5-EF6A-474F-8346-D6CA303ECA7F.jpeg

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
It is getting better which suggests you had a bad case of shock loss. I think the donor extractions should have been spread out more because they have removed the grafts in a condensed area that can show up with a different visual density to the other hair that is surrounding it. How many grafts did they give you?

W

William1987

It is getting better which suggests you had a bad case of shock loss. I think the donor extractions should have been spread out more because they have removed the grafts in a condensed area that can show up with a different visual density to the other hair that is surrounding it. How many grafts did they give you?

W

William1987

Thanks for replying, yes I see your point. I really hope it’s just shock loss and will recover over the next couple months. I had 1200 grafts

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
They have taken them all from the sweet spot. The way it is growing back indicates shock loss. Do you have pictures showing the extraction holes?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Minoxidil might help but most don’t require it as the shock loss recovers on its own. At 3.5 months it has improved quite a lot but can take up to 6 months. If I were you I’d get a skin fade type cut to blend it in and wait for it to recover on its own.

W

William1987

Minoxidil might help but most don’t require it as the shock loss recovers on its own. At 3.5 months it has improved quite a lot but can take up to 6 months. If I were you I’d get a skin fade type cut to blend it in and wait for it to recover on its own.
Thanks Bigmac yeah I think that’s exactly what I’ll do.