• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Doubt about a transplant

L

LallyB

Morning, everyone,

I did a hair transplant of 500 grafts in a Belgian clinic (250 on each side) and I wanted to know what you thought about it. Does everything seem correct to you in the healing and the density of the graft ?

After the operation

05.jpg
D+1 after the operation
03.jpg04.jpg

D+4 after the operation
107894117_566020247405192_4229166901907980988_n.jpg108217795_312617579923389_4480046997433870160_n.jpg

I have a feeling there won't be much density. :(

Thank you for your help !

Have a nice day

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It is hard to say if you got exactly 250 on each side, it does look about right. By day 4 some grafts could have already shed which is why you may think it looks a little sparse.
Immediate post op pictures by the clinic would show the placing and density more clearly. Also, a picture showing the areas before surgery.
Why did you have your forehead covered with a bandage in the after surgery picture? For a small procedure, I`d not expect much if any swelling.

L

LallyB

Thank you very much for your answer.

I don't know exactly about the bandage, I don't know much about transplants but that's their technique. They covered me with this bandage at the end of the session and during the first night.

Unfortunately I don't have immediate photos from the clinic.

Here is some photos at 6 months :
007.jpg
008.jpg006.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Was the area just thinning or was it bare skin that they transplanted into? It looks ok to me, although on your right side there seems to be a small gap where it meets your hairline and it looks a little straight. You could request your pictures from the clinic providing they took some.
6 months is only the halfway stage, you have another 6 months plus for everything to improve further.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
If you think it looks a little thin i wouldnt worry your only half way as BM says...nothing people would look at and think somethings not normal here though it looks ok to me so far.