• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Bisanga Plug reversal

P

Plug

Valued member
Hi, this is my story, had 4mm plugs 1970's Ht at 22, ( Pountney). Massive round donor hole scars, like a cheese grater. later in 80's had Dr May ( london) attempt to disguise the very obvious plugs with a strip. Did not work, too little donor, hair to thin to make difference. For years went about with isolated island of hair at the front that i could not cut short or shave. Putting up with stares, comments, jokes, insults etc. You repair guys all know the story in one form or another. Anyway you all know how this affects your self confidence.

Anyway at last i plucked up the courage and confidence to do something about it. the pics show the before and after result after I selected Dr Bisanga to do the work. Believe me just getting around the idea of trusting my head to a HT surgeon again took some doing. We agreed to go for a reversal because I had next to no donor left, So camoflage was just not going to work for me. I think he has done a great job. I think its important for repair guys to realise that once you have had surgery on your scalp, particulary with the larger plugs, you will never again have a smooth virgin scalp. The pits, ridges and redness still show to some degree, but i don't get people talking to my scalp anymore and it is less noticeable in real life. I know its there, but most people do not notice anything unusual.

I have to say a big thank you, to Dr Bisanga for his thoroughy professional work and to Phil for his endless patience in explaining every detail and encouragement, even in the days when I felt very down. Anyway i leave it to you guys to judge. But i don't think I would have a better result with any other surgeon, given the extensive damage i had already.

Attachments

• 327PlugRemoval3.jpg
    327PlugRemoval3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 3,218
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
simply superb im really happy for you buddy ¬b`

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Huge improvement. Nice to get those unsightly plugs out - good for you at last.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Plug, good to see you here.

I'll post a few of your before and post op to give an idea to the readers of the healing process and how patient you have been throughout.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Plug.

Welcome to the forum,its great to see that those horrible plugs have been removed.

Your scalp looks so much better for it.You must feel relieved now.

Stephen it will be great to see more pictures,thanks.

Enjoy life to the fullest now Plug.

Take care

bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Welcome to the forum. I am glad for you that you have had your situation rectified.

NN

sl

sl

Here is Plug's progression from BHR onwards, just want to say that nothing can be said about the trust Plug gave us and how repairs so personally effect a person. It is hard to understand unless you have been there.

PRE OP

327PlugRemoval3.jpg

POST OP REMOVAL

327PlugRemoval14.jpg

327PlugRemoval16.jpg

327PlugRemoval17.jpg

6 DAYS POST OP

327PlugRemovalP1060767.jpg

327PlugRemovalP1060768.jpg

12 MONTHS POST OP

P1080511.jpg

327PlugRemoval3-1.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the additional pictures Steve.

Truly shows what a great job has been done in removing those plugs.

bm.

S

scarred5

Valued member
wow big improvement hope this has made your life better

P

Plug

Valued member
Okay can't get the attachment for photos to work, but after 18 months I am very happy with the improvement that has occurred. I am in a very dif place than I was before. Feel like as if I have come out of prison after a long stretch. Any way I have some residual ridges and pits left. But I feel Dr Bisanga did a great job last time around and that is part of the reason I have gone back for round 2. Hopefully this will give me some closure, finally. Dr Bisanga removed the remaining partial plugs and dormant hairs that were not to be seen last time. He also used some PRP in the healing process. Some grafts were placed back in my donor spot.

I am sure Steven will be along soon to post the immediate pre and post op pics. If i ever find a way to get the atachment to work, ( yes I have resized), I will post my 18 month pic before surgery.

Before I forget Thanks to Chris, Steve and Phil and the all the BHR staff, nurses everyone treated with with utmost kindness and for being Frank and realistic. makes a change from all the hype from others.

Attachments

• HLA pic.jpg
    HLA pic.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 4,167
Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Nice to see you 'unplugged' :)

Good work!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its looking so much better now.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

bm.

sl

sl

Hi Plug

Nice having you and will send you the photos via email. Glad you got home ok.

Speak soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Plug,you can upload your pictures to the gallery.Then once in there you can add them to any post by using the "G" button.

Any problems just let me know or send them to my email and i`ll add them for you.

Cheers bm.

P

Plug

Valued member
Hi guys I thought you might like to see my progress after 7 weeks of my second pass. Sorry about the qaulity of the photo, not very sharp, but I think it shows the rapid healing. Dr Bisanga used PRP on the wounds and I used HC45 cream sparingly to help with the inflamation. I think both have helped.

Attachments

• 2nd pass 7 weeks.jpg
    2nd pass 7 weeks.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3,176
Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I'm happy for you Plug, it's getting much better. I feel for you that you had to endure the "pluggy" look for so long. Thanks for the progress update.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Hello Plug you can see quite a difference from where you were at the start, looks good..

sl

sl

Hi Plug

Glad healing is coming along well for you. Look forward to updates and seeing you in London as and when!

Speak soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking very good, all the very best to you Plug.