• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Kongkiat Laorwong / 3611 FUE Grafts / 2nd May 2023

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Its exactly one month so i thought i should share my progress with you all...its going good..no issues with donor or recipient area and no such discomfort....just a bit of numbness on my recipient area....i think am seeing less shedding comparatively(touch wood) ...bt its just one month and i have seen 2nd month is worst for shedding so i may get a huge one in this month...but i wish i dont...
IMG-20230529-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20230529-WA0011.jpg
IMG-20230529-WA0010__01.jpg
IMG-20230529-WA0008.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that’s correct. I think everyone needs to know beforehand that it’s a 12 month process.
If you’re lucky, you may have your result sooner.

S

Salazar

Valued member
Thanks for the update, A_4_Archan. As you yourself recognise, it's still very early days. It's good to know that you've had no issues with either the donor or recipient area. All the best.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Thanks for the update, A_4_Archan. As you yourself recognise, it's still very early days. It's good to know that you've had no issues with either the donor or recipient area. All the best.

Thanks my friend ....yeh still it early days...this is a long process ...so need to keep calm

S

Salazar

Valued member
Thanks my friend ....yeh still it early days...this is a long process ...so need to keep calm
No worries. As the months pass, please continue to update your thread so that everyone can see your final result. All the best.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Going through the 2nd month and i think shedding can be at the peak in this month ....sharing 40 days post op pic
IMG-20230609-WA0003__01.jpg

S

Salazar

Valued member
Thanks A_4_Archan. I'm impatient to see your final result -- as I'm sure you are too. I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm pleased that your donor area is looking good, as this is a particular concern of mine. All the best.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
Thanks A_4_Archan. I'm impatient to see your final result -- as I'm sure you are too. I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm pleased that your donor area is looking good, as this is a particular concern of mine. All the best.
Thanks...yeh am waiting bt this is a long wait...My donor recovered very well and the extraction is well spread out so its looking same like it was before surgery..so am really glad about it...whats your exact concern about your donor ?

S

Salazar

Valued member
whats your exact concern about your donor ?
I want to retain the option of wearing my hair short. I fear that FUE scarring (white dots) will rule this out. I've contacted a few clinics but they've given me different estimates. One said that I should be able to go as low as a No. 1 (5 mm); another only a No 3 (10 mm) or 4 (13 mm.) If I could be sure of the former (No. 1), I would proceed with surgery. Perhaps I'm overthinking things, but I am a worrier by nature. I just want to make sure that I don't do something irreversible that I live to regret.

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
I want to retain the option of wearing my hair short. I fear that FUE scarring (white dots) will rule this out. I've contacted a few clinics but they've given me different estimates. One said that I should be able to go as low as a No. 1 (5 mm); another only a No 3 (10 mm) or 4 (13 mm.) If I could be sure of the former (No. 1), I would proceed with surgery. Perhaps I'm overthinking things, but I am a worrier by nature. I just want to make sure that I don't do something irreversible that I live to regret.
No one can guarantee you this thing...it depends on many factors ...if your hair is thick than they have to use bigger punch size and that will make your scare (white dots) look bigger...scarring also depends on skin type...some people's skin tend to recover very well and don't form that much of scarring while for some its opposite ....some people's skin tone matches the scars thn they seem to be less visible ....so many factors are involved in this and few of them can't be predicted....and if you have all the favourable factors than there won't be any issues as such..

D

djkillab

Valued member
No one can guarantee you this thing...it depends on many factors ...if your hair is thick than they have to use bigger punch size and that will make your scare (white dots) look bigger...scarring also depends on skin type...some people's skin tend to recover very well and don't form that much of scarring while for some its opposite ....some people's skin tone matches the scars thn they seem to be less visible ....so many factors are involved in this and few of them can't be predicted....and if you have all the favourable factors than there won't be any issues as such..
Exactly this. I've had 2500 grafts by Fue and I'm happy getting a medium skin fade. If u know what you're looking for then u would notice it a bit but wouldn't otherwise. Plus, its the back of my head anyway so if I can't see it then it doesn't bother me

L

Luka

I like that thing abt the doctor ..he takes hands on approach and he gave his best shot...i understand that outcome depends on many factors but we need our surgeon to be dedicated enough and try to do his best..rest all depends on many other things ...but at least am happy about the doctor's part .

I am using oral minoxidil and finasteride since long ..they work on me very well...actually i am myself a pharmacy owner so meds need to work on me as i am all surrounded by them..
Planning for a surgery for crown next year...doctor told me that i have around 2-2.2k grafts in my scalp donor which can be taken out without over harvesting it and around 800 to 1k from beard so the total would be around 3k which will be good for an adequate density if not high ...and thn if i need to make it look more dense thn can think about smp at crown later on..
From what age have you been using finasteride? Have you experienced any side effects and has it helped you retain your hair?

S

Salazar

Valued member
No one can guarantee you this thing
Yeah, that's my concern. The clinics that I've contacted each use a 0.85 mm punch but, as I said, they've given me different estimates, which confirms your point.

its the back of my head anyway so if I can't see it then it doesn't bother me
I'd like to think that I'd be the same but, never having had surgery, I'm still uncertain about how I'll feel about it.

Have you posted your story? If you have, any chance of sending me a link? Thanks.

D

djkillab

Valued member
Yeah, that's my concern. The clinics that I've contacted each use a 0.85 mm punch but, as I said, they've given me different estimates, which confirms your point.

I'd like to think that I'd be the same but, never having had surgery, I'm still uncertain about how I'll feel about it.

Have you posted your story? If you have, any chance of sending me a link? Thanks.
I did but removed it due to an almost legal issue as I wasn't happy with the poor work I received. The donor is the only decent thing about it. I can post some pics of how it looks though

D

djkillab

Valued member
I did but removed it due to an almost legal issue as I wasn't happy with the poor work I received. The donor is the only decent thing about it. I can post some pics of how it looks though
Or actually I'll send u a private message so I don't take over this thread

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
From what age have you been using finasteride? Have you experienced any side effects and has it helped you retain your hair?
I am using finasteride since more than 3 years(am 35) and i haven't noticed any side effects till now...am using 1mg finasteride daily..

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
@Salazar at the end it is a surgery and nothing can be predicted 100% correctly...so its a small risk you have to take but there is always a good chance of an adequate outcome if you go with a good surgeon...but you can take your time ...taking time is always good..no need to rush for it until your mindset is clear...

A_4_Archan

A_4_Archan

Valued member
I have almost shedded all my transplanted hairs and thats normal but i was just concerned about the many of the shedded hairs are hook shaped..i know many experts says that its normal but i have seen one article on ishrs website which concerns me more.. @Bigmac
IMG-20230609-WA0003__01.jpg
IMG_20230609_121531.jpg