• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - 3.500 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the workout went well. The redness will be due to the increased blood flow.
You`ll feel better getting back into your normal routine.
Your transplanted zone looks very good.

C

Captaincalico

Good to hear the workout went well. The redness will be due to the increased blood flow.
You`ll feel better getting back into your normal routine.
Your transplanted zone looks very good.
Thanks man, its looking great so far, minimal shedding still .. but I know itll happen.. bumped my head on the hairline today but only very lightly ‍♂️

C

Captaincalico

Day 14, head is getting clearer every day, I bumped the front of my head this morning ‍♂️ but only gently right on the front hairline .... I think it's anchored now so shouldn't be a problem... I've attached a picture of how it looks now, looks slightly thinner on pictures... my question is, how can the new hair eventually appear thicker? Surely it will look as thick as it is now? Or will it thicken over time?

20210608_090832.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I can`t see any damage from bumping your head. The grafts are well secure and would require a pretty severe injury to the head to do any damage.
When the transplanted grafts begin to pop through they are growing and maturing. They don`t form under the skin, they get bigger and stronger as time passes. Similar to plant growth, a new shoot emerges and begins to grow.

C

Captaincalico

Ha I know ye, my guard went down as I've been getting more comfortable with my new hair... I ended up head butting a mirror. By accident... ahh ok great so I can expect even thicker results than what I see now! Very exciting! And to imagine I'm having a further 3500 in 6 months or so ...

C

Captaincalico

So I've tried my fibers, I think I should have gone for dark brown, I guess it's all trial and error at this point.

20210608_145458.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That doesn`t look bad but as you say, maybe dark brown if it`s not matching that well to your native hair.

C

Captaincalico

That doesn`t look bad but as you say, maybe dark brown if it`s not matching that well to your native hair.
I think dark brown is definitely the one! Im thinking of shaving my hair at some point... how long should I wait till I can ? Electric razor not wet shave of course

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`d say you're ok to shave it now seeing as though your scalp has no irritation or other issues but best check with Dr Mwamba just to be sure.

C

Captaincalico

Day 15, the hairs are starting to shed quicker now, I'm not feeling as traumatised as I thought I would be.... just knowing they will return thicker and healthy is all I need.... ill probably shave my head on Saturday which is basically the end of the 3rd week so it should be safe to do so. Still slight redness on the scalp but that's all OK .

C

Captaincalico

Day 15 .... still can't tell hairs are shedding but it is progressively getting faster. Wondering if I can wear my little woolen hat now just for walking not exercising? Or is it still too early?

16232432323152604138394048629270.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There should be no problem wearing your woolen hat now.
All your hairs may not shed, they may continue to grow if you’re lucky.

C

Captaincalico

There should be no problem wearing your woolen hat now.
All your hairs may not shed, they may continue to grow if you’re lucky.
Ahh ok well I will give it a go ! Thanks bro ! Always a big help.. im hoping I may hold onto some of them! I will be shaving my head on Saturday so if they do shed it'll look a bjt better... only like a grade 1 or 2

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, when people say shave they usually mean buzzing it down to a 1 or 2. I wouldn`t actually shave it bald, defeats the whole look.

C

Captaincalico

Yea, when people say shave they usually mean buzzing it down to a 1 or 2. I wouldn`t actually shave it bald, defeats the whole look.
Haha ye for sure! I'll go for a 2 first then see what happens.... can I shave the new grafts or should i leave them ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you can buzz them down. Always ask your doctor's opinion though just in case he says different.

C

Captaincalico

Day 18 and shedding still.... but you can't really tell still... I know I've asked but I've had about a million different answers.... and I've asked Dr but still waiting on a reply... is this hat OK to wear now it has been 18 days?

Attachments

• 1623494287071158629009394791852.jpg
    1623494287071158629009394791852.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 102