• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Paul Shapiro -- FUE 2553/5562

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Its good to hear that you`ve healed so well. The itchiness happened to myself but a few shampoo`s with Nizoral sorted that out. Your hair is at a good length now to disguise/cover the work.

Your 50% transplanted hairs that haven`t shed are hanging in there which helps in the concealment of the work.

Thanks for the update and reply.

All the best,

Bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
FourthStar wrote:
Interesting. I'm getting a HT from the same place pretty soon, possibly with the same amount of grafts.
I'll be following this post as you update your results.
Are you scheduled for next week? We have two patients with same amount of grafts. Hope you have a safe flight & the weather cooperates. If you are next week, we'll see you soon. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

C

Crudance2006

DonnyJ wrote:
Another FYI: I've been taking biotin 5000mcg 2x's daily as well as MSM 1000mg 2x's daily to help increase the donor region hair growth. I also plan to start using rogaine in that area starting next week (once my scabs have fully healed). Let me know if this is advised/ill-advised. Thanks!

One last note: I was in heavy contact with Matt Zupan this past year and a half and if you've had the opportunity to speak with him, then you'll know that he's super easy to talk to and I couldn't be happier with my communications. Likewise, Janna Shafer has been very helpful post-op, taking my texts/calls in the evening & weekend hours -- if either of you two happen to read this, then I thank you very much for your hard work.

I enjoyed reading your story Donnyj. You have a great documentation of your progress to date which I am following. Like yourself I have had excellent patient support from Matt and Janna.

Do you think the supplements you take have increased your donors ability to heal faster ?

D

DonnyJ

Valued member
Crudance2006 wrote:
DonnyJ wrote:
Another FYI: I've been taking biotin 5000mcg 2x's daily as well as MSM 1000mg 2x's daily to help increase the donor region hair growth. I also plan to start using rogaine in that area starting next week (once my scabs have fully healed). Let me know if this is advised/ill-advised. Thanks!

One last note: I was in heavy contact with Matt Zupan this past year and a half and if you've had the opportunity to speak with him, then you'll know that he's super easy to talk to and I couldn't be happier with my communications. Likewise, Janna Shafer has been very helpful post-op, taking my texts/calls in the evening & weekend hours -- if either of you two happen to read this, then I thank you very much for your hard work.

I enjoyed reading your story Donnyj. You have a great documentation of your progress to date which I`m following. Like yourself I`ve had excellent patient support from Matt and Janna.

Do you think the supplements you take have increased your donors ability to heal faster ?
Thanks, Crudance. I actually pulled back on some of the supplements. I'm sure it was something I didn't need to do, but I felt more comfortable with not introducing anything new in my system, to ensure proper healing. I've taken 500mcgs of biotin for so long now, that i'm still doing that (once a day), but I removed the MSM altogether. From what I hear, both work quite well to increase hair growth rate, so I think they are beneficial to help get the patient back to a normal length.... if i were to re-do this process, I would have started using MSM a few months ago and then just continued to use it. again, i'm sure i was/am just being over-cautious and i'd likely be fine with taking it today.

F

FourthStar

Valued member
That would be me indeed. I'm heading back to my home state tomorrow after the wash/rinse.
I'll post information if requested. I don't want to bogard Donny's thread with my own experiences.
Although, I would like to compare results after a bit of time has passed. (It's much too soon now).

Good experience overall though.

Last edited:
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
This is going to be a great result all the very best wishing you great growth

Dazz

janna

janna

Valuable Member
FourthStar wrote:
I'll post information if requested. I don't want to bogard Donny's thread with my own experiences.

Good experience overall though.

I'll try to email your graft count to you tomorrow. You can always start your own thread about your experience and I can post pics on your behalf if you like. I'll email them to you regardless of posting on the forums.

Hope you're healing up well.

D

DonnyJ

Valued member
thanks for following along! here's my [just over] 1 month post-op photos. I took these 3 days following my 4-week mark.

it appears i need to retract my previous statement -- there is still some redness that can be seen, but without it being under a harsh flash or a focused bright light, i can't see anything.

day-to-day, i'm operating as i normally would at this point. i've received many compliments about my haircut (I actually started getting these compliments about 2 weeks ago, once i started to really letting myself out in public without a hat).

note that i've recently moved apartments, so the lighting isn't consistent with my previous photos:

4545_070439_460000001.jpg
4545_070447_480000000.jpg

4545_070439_460000000.jpg
4545_070439_160000002.jpg

4545_070439_160000004.jpg
4545_070439_160000003.jpg

4545_070439_160000000.jpg

4545_070438_220000004.jpg

4545_070438_210000003.jpg

4545_070438_210000002.jpg

4545_070438_210000001.jpg

4545_070438_210000000.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like it's hapealing well, some lingering rednes and what appears to be a few pimples that if bothersome need a warm compress applied to help them go away, otherwise all looks good.
It's good people are giving you positive comments on your hair, makes post op a lot easier.
Thanks for the update.
Bm.