• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Ron Shapiro Result: 2636 grafts - hairs: 5144

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Dr. Ron's Patient - Before and After

A leading plastic surgeon in Minneapolis, this patient is very happy with his results.
His hair is fine in caliber and slightly wet in the before pics. I've added some immediate post op pics to show the graft placement.

Graft and Hair Count:
1's - 717
2's - 1396
3's - 457
4's - 66
total: 2636 grafts - hairs: 5144

topdown.jpg

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Last edited:
Peachy

Peachy

Hi Janna, an amazing transformation with only 2.6K grafts. The hairs of the grafts look longer than usual, or is that my imagination? Peachy

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Peachy,

Sometimes doc leaves the donor hairs a little longer so he can see the pattern better after they are planted. It makes it look like a short crew cut. I personally like it better when planting too. You can see exactly where a graft has been placed.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Yup i agree with peachy amazing transformation, the hairlines shapes his face perfectly bravo!

Peachy

Peachy

Thanks Janna, guess that could be an advantage with recovery, based on the very slim hope that the grafts don't all shed! By the way what happens to the existing hair, is it cut to the same length as the grafted hair?

And I owe you an email, will get this to you by the end of the week, promise :T:

D

drmwamba

Valued member
Mature hair line location,He didn't change it .Good filling in temples and behind the frontal forelock .at the end fullness of the frontal zone .Bravo.

Great work.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Thanks Peachy, BN, and Dr. Mwamba - really appreciate it.

This patient has very fine hairs with less than average donor density - not the best combination. He didn't want the frontal 1/3rd to be unnaturally more dense than the rest since he's losing hairs all over. He is on meds to slow/halt further loss.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice result for that many grafts.

Janna how many months post op are the after pictures.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Great looking change for a session of this size. Nice too when it is a leading plastic surgeon as he likely is a little more picky. Very natural hairline and quite the change in density. Out of curiousity how much time did he take off work as he obviously is not someone to go to work with a hat?

Also--is it just that the photos of the donor area are in flexion or did Dr. Ron have to go a little lower than typical?

Thanks for the post.

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Dito, to all of the positive comments previously stated, I like looking at the pictures from SMG because the before and after pictures of patients seem to tell a story. In the before pictures he seems really glum, like he has just been through a divorce or like someones just run over his cat. Then in the after pictures he seems like a new man with a glow, its surprising what a bit of hair will do to a guys confidence.

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Shang...

Have to agree with you.. it seems like after a good HT people have not only a better looking head of hair but also a happier face...

Nice result yet again SMG

Tim