• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Experience from Hell at KSL

M

mikey1786

Valued member
Just for everyone's amusement, you can have a laugh at the quality of work carried out on me by Dr Francisco Berrio from Barcelona. He was the unlicensed doctor who performed my FUE at ksl in Glasgow...an absolute joke!!!

B09377B4-52C6-4543-A47B-C419BF55BEA3.jpeg

scepticsausage

scepticsausage

Oh my god, how can anyone call themselves a hair transplant Doctor performing work like that, absolute disgrace? He should be struck off.
It's a shame they've decimated your donor, you could have ended up with a decent result if you'd never had the misfortune of going to Ksl clinic.

Wishing you some good fortune Mikey.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mikey.
It's very disheartening reading patient stories that have turned out like yours. This type of work is what I`d expect to see in the 80`s. I`m so sorry you`ve had to endure this at the hands of people who are supposed to be trusted caring professional doctors. This KSL clinic keeps popping up with these terrible results. Repairs are always difficult but you are in good capable hands this time around.
Wishing you all the best. If I can help in any way, just give me a shout.
Bm.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Mikey

Thanks for posting your story although painful for you to put up, the work is terrible and the Dr and staff should be ashamed all of them, they're disgraceful, it takes courage posting a story like this, thank you very much, I`ll l be watching out for your updates, how many grafts will you be getting?
Take Care I Care
Darren

A

Aerospace

Hi Mikey, what they`ve done to you and countless others is terrible. Doctors are supposed to have a duty of care to their patients, along with integrity and ethics which sadly, are absent from these sad pathetic excuses of Human Beings.
You`re a brave guy posting your pictures, it will help others in similar situations.

I wish you very good fortune with your repair work, you deserve it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
mikey1786 wrote:
Cheers guys appreciate the messages of support

No problem Mikey.
It's such a shame when someone you trust does this to you without caring how it will affect your life.

N

Nlc2983

My ordeal started back in 2014. I was 27 and knew very little about the hair transplant industry. I'm a big football fan and had seen the advertising campaigns involving several Scottish premiership players and decided to book a consultation with KSL. I spoke with Simon Lindsay over the phone and arranged to come down for a free consultation. During my consultation I was promised 100% full reconstruction of my hair with Guaranteed results. I was given the sales pitch which I understand is not uncommon for this kind of business.

I was quoted £8000 for my Transplant procedure with the agreement I would pay £3000 upfront and the rest on an arranged finance agreement. At this time I was 27 years old and worked as firefighter. Now although job satisfaction is high unfortunately you cant take that to the bank therefore I have never been in a position where I have had disposable income for something like this. However in this instance I was willing to use any savings I had and borrow from my parents in order to have the dream of getting my hair back again as was described by Mr Lindsay.

I paid my £3000 on the Friday and set about booking a date for my Transplant operation. I was given a date a couple weeks away and arranged for time off and other provisions for my recovery. This is where things started to downhill...

The night before my operation I was sitting with my bag packed, clothes laid out and a real feeling of excitement. Then I received a phone call from Mr Lindsay. He explained that upon reviewing my pre op pictures the surgeon who would be doing my operation had informed him that it would not be possible to obtain a full coverage in one operation. Mr Lindsay said that in order to do this in one operation I would be required to attend the clinic on a weekly basis for approx. 6 months and use their laser therapy machine which would increase density of my existing hair and enable me to have one successful operation rather than two.

I didn't know any better and therefore agreed to this. I travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow on a weekly basis for a year before I was told that I was now ready for my transplant.

I once again booked in a date and time and arranged for time off work in order to allow recovery. I attended the clinic in March 2015 to receive my first transplant from KSL. The surgeon was Dr fransico m berrios merino. He and his team were Spanish and didn't speak any English. I have since learned that he was not licensed to perform surgery in the uk. I endured a gruelling 8 hour operation and left with the understanding that this was me now on the road to having my hair back.

I immediately noticed when I got home and looked in the mirror that there were still large areas untouched and there seemed to be random sporadic bits of my scalp which had a couple of hairs transplanted into them. I questioned this at my post op review a couple days later and was told this was normal and the surgeon was very satisfied with how the operation went. I struggled to see how this would be the case as I was quite far on in my hair loss rather than just the crown or temples but as far as I was aware I was talking to the experts.

As you can probably gather my results were embarrassingly bad. I would not be over exaggerating if I was to say you would never have known that I had ever had any form of hair transplant after this surgery.

I continued to attend the clinic and they accepted that the quality of transplant I had received was nowhere near acceptable. I was told this would be rectified by transplant number 2 which would be done by a different surgeon as they were no longer using the surgeon that done my previous transplant.

On 3rd February 2016 I went in for my second transplant this time with a surgeon called Vikas Kunnure. He immediately asked me would I prefer coverage in the front or the back of the head as it was clearly not possible to do both. I started to panic as this was not what I was expecting or had been told. I asked to speak with Andrew Dingwall and he explained that Vikas had made a mistake and that I would get a satisfactory result from this operation. Reassured I went ahead with the transplant. At this point I was surprised to see Lauren who worked at reception in the clinic and had informed me before that she was a hair stylist in scrubs forming part of the surgical team. She would be the one implanting the follicles back into my scalp.

Once again the results were nothing short of disgraceful. I have also been left with horrendous scarring to the back of my head, permanent nerve damage and a loss of self confidence. I have since been for a independent review at another Clinic in Glasgow who confirmed that the quality of work that I received was "very, very poor". They explained that the grafts had not even been separated and the scarring was due to the size of the punch used. They explained that this was totally unnecessary!

Visiting KSL was one of the worst decisions I have ever made.

What they have done to myself and others is nothing short of disgraceful.

I am currently in the process of taking KSL and several individuals involved with the company to court where hopefully they will be held accountable for their actions.

Regards

Mikey
Hi Mikey, so sorry to hear about your experience. Is the attached picture the surgeon you know as dr vikas? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191025-153706_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20191025-153706_Google.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 357
T

Todd

What a journey you've had so far bud. It just goes to show you can't be too careful.

The latest clinic sound like a reputable outfit, good luck on your final stages of your repair.

H

Hunza

My ordeal started back in 2014. I was 27 and knew very little about the hair transplant industry. I'm a big football fan and had seen the advertising campaigns involving several Scottish premiership players and decided to book a consultation with KSL. I spoke with Simon Lindsay over the phone and arranged to come down for a free consultation. During my consultation I was promised 100% full reconstruction of my hair with Guaranteed results. I was given the sales pitch which I understand is not uncommon for this kind of business.

I was quoted £8000 for my Transplant procedure with the agreement I would pay £3000 upfront and the rest on an arranged finance agreement. At this time I was 27 years old and worked as firefighter. Now although job satisfaction is high unfortunately you cant take that to the bank therefore I have never been in a position where I have had disposable income for something like this. However in this instance I was willing to use any savings I had and borrow from my parents in order to have the dream of getting my hair back again as was described by Mr Lindsay.

I paid my £3000 on the Friday and set about booking a date for my Transplant operation. I was given a date a couple weeks away and arranged for time off and other provisions for my recovery. This is where things started to downhill...

The night before my operation I was sitting with my bag packed, clothes laid out and a real feeling of excitement. Then I received a phone call from Mr Lindsay. He explained that upon reviewing my pre op pictures the surgeon who would be doing my operation had informed him that it would not be possible to obtain a full coverage in one operation. Mr Lindsay said that in order to do this in one operation I would be required to attend the clinic on a weekly basis for approx. 6 months and use their laser therapy machine which would increase density of my existing hair and enable me to have one successful operation rather than two.

I didn't know any better and therefore agreed to this. I travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow on a weekly basis for a year before I was told that I was now ready for my transplant.

I once again booked in a date and time and arranged for time off work in order to allow recovery. I attended the clinic in March 2015 to receive my first transplant from KSL. The surgeon was Dr fransico m berrios merino. He and his team were Spanish and didn't speak any English. I have since learned that he was not licensed to perform surgery in the uk. I endured a gruelling 8 hour operation and left with the understanding that this was me now on the road to having my hair back.

I immediately noticed when I got home and looked in the mirror that there were still large areas untouched and there seemed to be random sporadic bits of my scalp which had a couple of hairs transplanted into them. I questioned this at my post op review a couple days later and was told this was normal and the surgeon was very satisfied with how the operation went. I struggled to see how this would be the case as I was quite far on in my hair loss rather than just the crown or temples but as far as I was aware I was talking to the experts.

As you can probably gather my results were embarrassingly bad. I would not be over exaggerating if I was to say you would never have known that I had ever had any form of hair transplant after this surgery.

I continued to attend the clinic and they accepted that the quality of transplant I had received was nowhere near acceptable. I was told this would be rectified by transplant number 2 which would be done by a different surgeon as they were no longer using the surgeon that done my previous transplant.

On 3rd February 2016 I went in for my second transplant this time with a surgeon called Vikas Kunnure. He immediately asked me would I prefer coverage in the front or the back of the head as it was clearly not possible to do both. I started to panic as this was not what I was expecting or had been told. I asked to speak with Andrew Dingwall and he explained that Vikas had made a mistake and that I would get a satisfactory result from this operation. Reassured I went ahead with the transplant. At this point I was surprised to see Lauren who worked at reception in the clinic and had informed me before that she was a hair stylist in scrubs forming part of the surgical team. She would be the one implanting the follicles back into my scalp.

Once again the results were nothing short of disgraceful. I have also been left with horrendous scarring to the back of my head, permanent nerve damage and a loss of self confidence. I have since been for a independent review at another Clinic in Glasgow who confirmed that the quality of work that I received was "very, very poor". They explained that the grafts had not even been separated and the scarring was due to the size of the punch used. They explained that this was totally unnecessary!

Visiting KSL was one of the worst decisions I have ever made.

What they have done to myself and others is nothing short of disgraceful.

I am currently in the process of taking KSL and several individuals involved with the company to court where hopefully they will be held accountable for their actions.

Regards

Mikey
Hi

This genuine review may help you.
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 00.22.17.png

H

Hunza

Hi

Dr Kunnure has been rated one of the best surgeons by his own patients. See the latest review. He has genuine reviews from his patients on Doctify accounts which is a verifies every review by checking with patient that they actually did the review.
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 09.11.04.png

H

Hunza

Hunza, what is your story?

Why would this review help Mikey?
It would be grateful If Mikey gives an update to his situation. I was one of Dr Kunnure's Patient and my view is completely different. Dr Kunnure is one of the best surgeons in the UK. Also noted some people making remarks without any evidence. So I attach the evidence. Really keen to see any update from Mikey that would be grateful.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
@Hunza You have only attached written reviews that are easily manipulated.
Let’s see your documented journey with progress pictures.

H

Hunza

These reviews are verified reviews. I will share photos soon. You can ask Doctify or email them.

H

Hunza

This is a Doctify review. Please see attached. The same can be said about the review posted where is the documentary evidence of what Mikey says. See below

IMG_5115.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member

I have met Mikey in person.
The work was terrible, believe me.
There is numerous pictures of Mikey on this site.

Post your pictures to prove you’re a real HT patient of this doctor.

I don’t want to see doctify reviews.
Does doctify still have it in their terms that the actual doctor has to approve any review?