• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

EXPERIENCE OF AN IRISHMAN, PUTS HIS TRUST IN DR.PRADEEP AND DR.ARIKA @ EUGENIX INDIA, FOR HAIR TRANSPLANT OF A COMBINATION OF SCALP AND BEARD HAIR .

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Thanks for your best wishes Bigmac. I was lucky I had no itching in my beard doner area. It healed really quickly as well. I used Aloe Vera.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

@Todd the 696 beard grafts were placed on the mid scalp and at the back. Scalp grafts are placed on the front.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

21 DAY AFTER HT UPDATE.

THE NUMBNESS FROM MY DONER IS GONE, THERE IS STILL NUMBNESS IN MY RECIPENT AREA ESPECIALLY AROUND MY FRONTAL 1/3. NUMBNESS IS FADING ON THE MID SCALP AND TOWARDS THE BACK OF THE SCALP.
I CAN FEEL A TINGLING SENSATION ON MY RECIPENT AREA WHICH IS A GOOD SIGN THOSE NERVE ENDINGS ARE COMING BACK INTO LIFE AND THE NUMBNESS IS FADING AWAY.
THERE IS STILL REDNESS ON MY RECIPENT AREA BUT HAS FADED A GOOD DEAL AT THIS STAGE.
I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING ITCHINESS ON MY DONER AREA AND I AM APPLYING ALOE VERA GEL WHICH IS REALLY SOOTHING AND REPLENISHING.
I HAVE UNFORTUNATELY STARTED TO SHED THE NEWLY TRANSPLANTED GRAFTS , BUT I WAS EXPECTING THIS AND ALL OF THE ABOVE IN MY RESEARCH PRIOR TO MY HT.
ANYTIME I HAVE GONE OUTDOORS I HAVE WORN A HAT, ON OCCASIONS I DIDNT WEAR A HAT AND NOBODY NOTICED OR SAID ANYTHING.

ALL THE BEST

...................PADDY..............

Attachments

• 20191210_115553.jpg
    20191210_115553.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 281
  • 20191210_115231.jpg
    20191210_115231.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 346
T

Todd

Out of curiosity, the numbness you mention, do you feel the areas with your fingers or can you tell without touching the areas are numb?

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Good question Todd.
I can't tell the area is numb untill I touch my head with my fingers. I tap my fingers on my scalp, the front I can't feel. The back I can.
It was especially noticable when I done my head wash after 7 days, I was rubbing the crusts into mush on my recipent but couldn't feel any sensation on my scalp.
My doner came back to normal more quickly.
All the best Todd.
.....Paddy.....

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us wishing you great recovery and growth

Daz

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

1 MONTH UPDATE

THE NUMBNESS IN THE RECIPENT AREA IS GONE NOW. THERE IS STILL A LITTLE REDNESS BUT NOT NOTICABLE TO ANYBODY WHO MEETS ME. THE SHEDDING SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED , EVEN THOUGH I HAVE LOST A LOT OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR.
THE DONER AREA IS STILL TENDER IN 1 OR 2 PLACES , IT IS 90 % HEALED WHERE IT IS NOT TENDER AND FEELS GOOD . I CONTINUE TO USE ALOE VERA GEL 3 TIMES A DAY TO COMBAT THE ITCHING WHICH IS REALLY WORKING WELL TO STOP IT, AND ALOE VERA GEL HAS WONDERFUL HEALING PROPERTIES AND AN EXCELLENT MOISTURISER .
I CONTINUE TO WASH MY SCALP AND HAIR EVERY DAY AS PER DR.PRADEEP ADVICE . I USE JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO AS ITS KIND TO THE SCALP.
TOP TIP
I HAVE BEEN USING ALOE VERA GEL ON MY RECIPENT AREA IN THE LAST 5 DAYS TO COMBAT DRY SCALP . I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH DRY SCALP AND I HAVE BEEN APPLYING IT 3 TIMES A DAY AND IT IS REALLY WORKING TO STOP THE DRYNES

Attachments

• 20191226_135737.jpg
    20191226_135737.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 323
PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

5 WEEK UPDATE

SHEDDING STOPED FOR THE MOMENT AT LEAST, AND HOPEFUL THERE WON'T BE ANY MORE AND THAT WILL BE IT. REDNESS ALMOST GONE IN RECIPENT AREA BUT NOT NOTICABLE TO ANYBODY. RECIPENT AREA NOT ITCHY AND FEELS GOOD.

DONER AREA FEELS GREAT. IN ONE AREA STILL FEELS A SLIGHT STING WHERE IT HAS NOT HEALED 100% , IT HAS IMPROVED EVERYDAY THOUGH AND ANOTHER WEEK OF HEALING WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO IMPROVE IT.

I CONTINUE TO USE ALOE VERA GEL ON MY DONER AND RECIPENT AREA 3 TIMES A DAY AND IS REALLY GOOD TO MOISTORISE THE SCALP AND HELP WITH ANY SMALL AREA IN MY DONER AREA THAT NEEDS HEALING.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME AND EVEN AFTER 1 MONTH NOBODY CAN TELL I HAD A HAIR TRANSPLANTATION. HAVING SAID THAT , THE RECIPENT AREA HAS LOST A LOT OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR THROUGH THE SHEDDING PROCESS , AND IS LOOKING EMPTY AT THE MOMENT .

ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS FEEL FREE.

.........................PADDY......................

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

5 WEEK UPDATE

Attachments

• 20200110_230017.jpg
    20200110_230017.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 327
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Paddy.
Good to hear the numbness has subsided and normal feeling has resumed.
At this stage everything looks normal. Lingering redness, itchiness etc are all quite normal. Months after everything seems normal flare ups of itchiness and redness can happen.
Keep up with the Aloe, it is good stuff as you know.
Thanks for the update.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Thanks Bigmac for your message I appreciate it.
Yes the Aloe Vera is really good, now that my doner area is feeling great and back to normal, I'm using it on my recipent area now as its a great moisturiser for dry scalp.
Thanks for the heads up on the flareups, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed it wont happen.
All the best Bigmac.
Paddy.

R

Risingforehead

Where did you get the Aloa Vera Gel? I use it from Holland and Barratt when i get sunburn and it works a treat.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

I get it in Holland and Barrett. You can get in with different things added in like tea tree and cucumber etc.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Bigmac for your message I appreciate it.
Yes the Aloe Vera is really good, now that my doner area is feeling great and back to normal, I'm using it on my recipent area now as its a great moisturiser for dry scalp.
Thanks for the heads up on the flareups, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed it wont happen.
All the best Bigmac.
Paddy.

No problem Paddy. Thanks for the regular updates, they will help many who are going through the same process.

All the best.
Bm.

T

Todd

Good question Todd.
I can't tell the area is numb untill I touch my head with my fingers. I tap my fingers on my scalp, the front I can't feel. The back I can.
It was especially noticable when I done my head wash after 7 days, I was rubbing the crusts into mush on my recipent but couldn't feel any sensation on my scalp.
My doner came back to normal more quickly.
All the best Todd.
.....Paddy.....

Is it normal for your head to be numb like this? I guess you don`t really feel too much in the way of sensory touch with your scalp, mainly hot and cold feelings unless something physically touches it.

Has the feeling returned to normal now?

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

Hello Todd ,
Yes after a HT it is normal for the scalp to feel numb afterwords. I dont actually realise it is numb untill I actually touch the scalp, as you pointed out. For some people it can fade away sooner, or for others can linger on for a few more weeks. But its not an issue at all.
The good news for me s it is back to normal now and I will update very soon.
Thanks Todd
Paddy.

PaddyIrishman1

PaddyIrishman1

6 WEEK UPDATE

I AM AT THE STAGE NOW ON MY JOURNEY THAT IS CALLED THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE. LOTS OF TRANSPLANTED HAIR HAS SHED, AND THE HAIR THAT'S LEFT IS NOT VERY EXCITING AT THE MOMENT. AS IM GONE 6 WEEKS POST SURGERY I AM RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE UGLY DUCKLING PHASE, AS IN ANOTHER 6 WEEKS TIME FROM NOW WHICH WILL BE AT THE 3 MONTH MARK NEW HAIR WILL START TO PUSH THROUGH .

THE GOOD NEWS IS I HAVE EXPERIENCED NO MORE SHEDDING THANKFULLY. THE REDNESS IS NOW GONE IN MY RECIPENT. THE NUMBNESS WHICH WAS JUST ABOUT GONE A WEEK AGO HAS NOW COMPLETELY DISSAPEARED ALTOGETHER.

MY DONER AREA FEELS GREAT, AND IS COMPLETELY HEALED NOW. THERE IS NO MORE ITCHINESS THERE AT ALL.

I AM STILL WEARING A HAT WHEN I'M OUT AND ABOUT IN PUBLIC . WHEN I MET PEOPLE I KNOW WITHOUT THE HAT NOBODY HAS MADE ANY COMMENT ABOUT A HAIRTRANSPLANT AS ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO NOTICE ANYTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY HAS BEEN DONE.

TOP TIP :

I HAD BEEN PUTTING ALOE VERA GEL ON MY DONER UP TO NOW TO HELP WITH HEALING AND ITCHINESS. I HAVE ALSO NOW BEEN PUTTING IN ON MY RECIPENT ALSO, IT IS REALLY GOOD AS A MOISTURISER FOR DRY SCALP. I ALSO USE JOHNSON'S BABY SHAMPOO WHICH IS GENTLE AND KIND TO THE SCALP WHEN I WASH MY HAIR.

PATIENCE AT THIS STAGE IS IMPORTANT AS THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS SIT BACK AND WAIT.

ANY COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE.

............PADDY........

Attachments

• 20191229_121355.jpg
    20191229_121355.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 261