• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE – The Hair Dr (Dr Arshad) – 2,671 grafts – 27/01/2021

H

HTL33

Hi Everyone,

I decided to have an FUE hair transplant at The Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury with Dr Arshad after becoming more and more self-conscious with my hairline, aged 28. The forum played a big part in me selecting the clinic, so thank you to everyone who has contributed. This thread is me ‘giving back’ as such, and I will update it regularly.

Choosing The Hair Dr:
After initially sounding out options abroad for obvious reasons (Asmed, Hair Of Istanbul to name a few), I stumbled onto this forum, seeing numerous positive reviews and encouraging before & after pics of The Hair Dr.

I went onto the website, social media, google reviews etc to see more. My first phone call with Adam late December 2020 was great, he was extremely helpful, informative and honest.

Via WhatsApp I sent across pictures of my hair as requested, where Dr Arshad recommended 2,000 grafts to reconstruct the hairline and temples.

Only a day later I had a video consultation with Sommiya, who talked me through the process, my expectations, the limitations etc. Just like Adam, Sommiya was brilliant.

Customer service had been great, very personable, honest and clear from the get go, combined with the reviews and results on this forum, my mind was made up!

After reading through PDF packs sent through from the clinic, I called Adam and booked a date for a few weeks down the line.

The Day Of The Procedure:
I know this has been covered numerous times, my experience was no different to what seems like everyone else’s! An overall positive one. Estimated timings included below.

- In a local Travelodge for the night before and day of operation as I was travelling 90-120 mins from the Midlands
- The clinic is really easy to find via SatNav, I had courtesy messages/calls on the day before and morning of to check I was OK

First Meet:
- 07:45 Adam and Sommiya greeted me, put me at real ease straight away
- 08:15 I met with Dr Hamza and Dr Arshad, whom drew my new hairline, taking time to perfect it
- 08:15 Dr Arshad had identified an additional area (potentially an island breakaway of my NW3) and suggested 500 would fill this, I agreed

The Procedure:
- 08:45 After agreeing to the hairline I was taken to a room to get changed into a gown, slippers etc
- 08:50 Onto the head shave which I was dreading, I actually found that a huge weight had lifted from my shoulders, the two technicians were great
- 09:00 Dr Hamza did the injections to the donor area, which is definitely the worst bit, bearable pain/stings
- 09:05 Punches performed by Dr Hamza
- 10:00 Extractions were performed by the technicians under the supervision of Dr Hamza through
- 12:00 We were slightly ahead of schedule so decided to get the channel incisions done pre-lunch, Dr Arshad did this, once again more injections but in my frontal area
- 13:30 Lunch was provided for me, I had a selection of biscuits, cakes, chocolate, drinks alongside my order from a local café
- 14:00 Implant session was done by a team of technicians who were all friendly, and made sure I was comfortable at all times, I found this bit the hardest as I guess the day was catching up on me
- 17:00 Review with Dr Arshad and Dr Hamza post op (they had been checking in regularly during implant session along with Sommiya)
- 17:30 Aftercare discussed, medications given and I was on my way

Overall, as good and as comfortable experience as you could possibly get whilst undergoing a procedure like this, I really couldn’t recommend The Hair Dr enough, thank you to the whole team.

Before Pictures:
31864CF1-DCFF-4444-96E0-1A75AEF739CD.jpeg

45813246-D6F0-4E7D-AA73-BBF56B3ECA1D.jpeg

E3DB10F3-9488-461D-A860-6C33F1116A43.jpeg

Immediately After Pictures:
D5D1F554-3DCE-4ED2-B397-DFA3B34C9604.jpeg

4B7AAC48-4963-438C-B2DA-DF3CF8646700.jpeg

65604407-4AFF-411B-ABD7-165EC79F7A29.jpeg

Cost:
The Hair Dr has very clear pricing, I paid for 2,500 grafts @ £3 per graft. There is a 10%+- policy.

Graft Breakdown:
S – 93
1 – 246
2 – 1,821
3 – 511

Attachments

• 738B31C2-6112-472D-92B0-6C0BE700C4EE.jpeg
    738B31C2-6112-472D-92B0-6C0BE700C4EE.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 204
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi HTL33. It's good to hear the forum helped you in your research. Everything sounds like your experience dealing with the clinic and the the surgery experience has been very positive.
Those 2500 plus grafts should totally transform your appearance once grown in.
The work looks nice and clean.
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?
I'll look forward to following your journey.
All the best.
Bm.

H

HTL33

I’m currently taking supplements only in the form of:
- Multivitamin
- Biotin
- Saw Palmetto

I will start Minoxidil on the crown area at some point, Dr Arshad said I had a good crown with no real signs of loss but wouldn’t be harmful for me to do it. Not quite sure when to start.

I may take finasteride in the future as I know this is the big one, but current circumstances mean it’s not really possible right now.

Will be posting day 1-7 pictures soon :)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Keep a watchful eye on your crown as catching any loss early on is beneficial. I`d only start Minox in that area if I noticed any thinning, that`s my personal thought.

zakaria sabbahi

zakaria sabbahi

guys you need to know the moment you will stop taking the fin or the minoxi its the moment when the back result back again . look guys its yout choice at the end . keep it natural , eat health , do workout , use natural things , use natural things , i know all of you want good results but dont forget taking fin or minoxi its have bad side effect also , keep natural
and if you have any quesstion feel free

H

HTL33

Days 1-7 Report:
Using the aftercare sheet provided, I ticked through every two hours, taking my medication, spraying the solution over the grafts and donor area etc.

Sleeping upright with a travel pillow I found very difficult at first but got use to it!

I suffered badly with swelling which started in the top of my forehead and moved down to under my eyes/cheeks over the days - I dread to think what I would have looked like without the anti-swelling meds..

As you can see from the pics below, there was a good reduction in redness through the days. The scabbing/dried blood was pretty bad in places.

The hair wash on day 7 was nerve wracking, using the sebamed shampoo provided and jugs of water! Luckily my girlfriend did a great job of being gentle but thorough!

Day 1:
7754847A-8FCB-419B-9365-A57C1D7EAC23.jpeg

6DE9F0C0-A54E-47BD-90C5-120D5D529FFF.jpeg

6F1A9BEF-AB02-422D-B49B-4EBD64557FD2.jpeg

02227526-CE6F-47E7-82E2-7D6395B84701.jpeg

0E8AFD38-0452-4C03-8AB7-119942F887BA.jpeg

Day 4:
34632354-8837-4D46-A301-7B3459CD517B.jpeg

E49A89EA-EF86-484D-87EC-963750AD9ABF.jpeg

94243704-5F33-4B4E-96E6-09F4A892336E.jpeg

8B30F8B8-D68E-4D03-ADBA-3BBF46E97931.jpeg

Day 7:
8235BA0A-0658-4666-BF98-BCB7896EC3F5.jpeg

6F9D7493-EE95-415D-A0C2-31BB4A298F79.jpeg

C928C330-5E7C-4597-9AB8-CAC9464D357A.jpeg

575E1B1D-D26E-4A1C-8DC2-3F227003BC5A.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Healing looks to be on track for 7 days. It looks better after your first hair wash with most of the dried blood gone. The few lingering scabs will come off in their own time. Your grafts are securely in place now, therefore, letting your hair soak to loosen the scabs is fine, then as the days go by be a little firmer with the massaging.

H

HTL33

Thanks BM! I am going to get some aloe vera gel as well, the clinic have recommended it to me when I messaged earlier.

Does anyone have a view on when I can sleep without a travel pillow? At what stage post surgery is it generally recommended until?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Thanks BM! I am going to get some aloe vera gel as well, the clinic have recommended it to me when I messaged earlier.

Does anyone have a view on when I can sleep without a travel pillow? At what stage post surgery is it generally recommended until?
You are fine to sleep without a travel pillow now.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I used it for one night, then I just slept upright with the pillows propped up. At 4 days your grafts are securely in place. After 5 days I’d say everyone is safe sleeping without a travel pillow. Always ask you clinic if not sure though.

H

HTL33

Day 11:
Feels like it’s looking better as each day passes in terms of scabs and redness, still some way to go and I will be using some aloe vera gel which will hopefully help.

I do get some pretty bad itching post washing but I take an anti-histamine and this goes quite quickly.

Thanks to all those viewing/liking/commenting so far!

Day 11 Pictures:
CFD3E6D4-AD88-475B-AFCD-ECEB44EA16E3.jpeg

BEB1F7E8-9F31-4DBC-8EC3-70C1717B9517.jpeg

54C9BE5F-AF1F-4B97-AC77-80B3BDDB172C.jpeg

D14E0DE1-41C7-4C51-95A1-E4477F633C80.jpeg

zakaria sabbahi

zakaria sabbahi

I love it , im sure you will have good result , i will ask you to do something better than the aloe vera, try to use argan oil thats will help you a lot and make your hair strong and thick , try and let me know

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear it`s getting better every day. Soon all the scabs will be gone and it`ll look normal again. It`s important not to scratch the remaining scabs, taking your antihistamines and the Aloe seem to be working well for you. Argan oil as mentioned above does have a lot of positive feedback if you decide to try it.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Hello!

First of all, congratulations; results are looking great so far and I hope you are happy.

I have a question which is really puzzling me. I notice that you have implants done in the front area (between your temples) despite hair already being there. See the screenshot below:

1613045233140.png

What was the decision making process/logic to get this area transplanted despite hair being present pre-op? I didn’t even think it was possible to transplant follicle grafts into areas where hair is already well established?

Regards

H

HTL33

Thank you for the comments! :)

When I had my pre op consultation we discussed how we wouldn’t be implanting in the area with hair (the strip in the middle) however would be implanted around it.

When I arrived on the day, Dr Arshad highlighted the area where I mentioned it was breaking away into ‘an island’ as such, and said they could cover that area in general + density with around 500 grafts extra.

After reviewing and having the realisation myself I decided to go ahead with it!

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Thank you for the comments! :)

When I had my pre op consultation we discussed how we wouldn’t be implanting in the area with hair (the strip in the middle) however would be implanted around it.

When I arrived on the day, Dr Arshad highlighted the area where I mentioned it was breaking away into ‘an island’ as such, and said they could cover that area in general + density with around 500 grafts extra.

After reviewing and having the realisation myself I decided to go ahead with it!
Right, that makes perfect sense. It’s quite interesting to realise that they can insert grafts so closely to native hair. I’m in a similar situation to this with my current hair and having spent the vast part of this week reading this forum, I am certainly likely to place Dr Arshad on my short-list!

Thanks for your response; hope for a great time ahead for you!

Regards,

H

HTL33

Right, that makes perfect sense. It’s quite interesting to realise that they can insert grafts so closely to native hair. I’m in a similar situation to this with my current hair and having spent the vast part of this week reading this forum, I am certainly likely to place Dr Arshad on my short-list!

Thanks for your response; hope for a great time ahead for you!

Regards,

No problems at all, if you have anymore questions fire away I will try and help!

It’s definitely worth getting in touch with the clinic for a video consultation, they were not pushy at all just provide you with information and their opinion on your hair (as good as they can on FaceTime!).