• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE – The Hair Dr (Dr Arshad) – 2,671 grafts – 27/01/2021

H

HTL33

Day 14:
I set myself a little ‘extension’ to the rules of sleeping upright, wearing a cap etc. so sleeping properly tonight is going to be bliss..!

I’ve still got quite a bit of scabbing unfortunately, also realised the true impact of the donor site when these pictures were taken, hopefully it all looks normal though?

Day 14 Pictures:
858755A0-12F1-40B1-9553-93E0E52F8F65.jpeg

8370FBEE-F3F0-4076-AFFD-38DCAA9BFF20.jpeg

C0C7309C-06A6-4218-93D3-200C5870A4DE.jpeg

4B279ED0-4A56-49F5-AF35-25FE06B5062A.jpeg

3F464D2B-88D3-4E68-8314-67FAD574715D.jpeg

55BED9AD-C0A8-48B8-9410-EEA13A9BB5C1.jpeg

L

Lockdown-Locks!

No problems at all, if you have anymore questions fire away I will try and help!

It’s definitely worth getting in touch with the clinic for a video consultation, they were not pushy at all just provide you with information and their opinion on your hair (as good as they can on FaceTime!).
It is good to know that. I was previously getting prepared to go abroad for my treatment but with the COVID situation I just don’t feel like that is a sensible thing to do right now. Plus, as with many others right now, I want to make use of this lockdown/subdued time for recovery.

Folks like yourself sharing your story (and this forum in general) have made such a big difference in my research; I wish I came across this site months ago!

You don’t have to answer this if you would rather not, but were you also charged the £3 per graft that others have quoted on this forum?

H

HTL33

£3 per graft for me too, it’s obviously more expensive that going abroad but I’m glad I’ve done it in the UK, the aftercare has been brilliant so far.

S

SheddinStevens

It is good to know that. I was previously getting prepared to go abroad for my treatment but with the COVID situation I just don’t feel like that is a sensible thing to do right now. Plus, as with many others right now, I want to make use of this lockdown/subdued time for recovery.

Folks like yourself sharing your story (and this forum in general) have made such a big difference in my research; I wish I came across this site months ago!

You don’t have to answer this if you would rather not, but were you also charged the £3 per graft that others have quoted on this forum?
We think much alike. I'm getting my HT next week at The Hair Dr and just cleared most of my work schedule with clients over the next 3 months, which means hardly anyone will see me whileI look like crap!

The forum helped me greatly in deciding against Turkey and then booking in with The Hair Dr. It's one thing for a clinic to have before/after photos on instagram, but real people posting their experiences with a clinic and their full timeline of recovery and growth is just magnificent.

The Hair Dr. is always £3 per graft as a flat price from what I understand. I'm getting 4500 grafts and it's £3/graft also.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

We think much alike. I'm getting my HT next week at The Hair Dr and just cleared most of my work schedule with clients over the next 3 months, which means hardly anyone will see me whileI look like crap!

The forum helped me greatly in deciding against Turkey and then booking in with The Hair Dr. It's one thing for a clinic to have before/after photos on instagram, but real people posting their experiences with a clinic and their full timeline of recovery and growth is just magnificent.

The Hair Dr. is always £3 per graft as a flat price from what I understand. I'm getting 4500 grafts and it's £3/graft also.
Oh absolutely, it’s the real-life feedback and progress which gives assurance, not carefully selective photos uploaded by the clinic!

I called the Hair Dr earlier this week and they also said £3...I wonder if they are open for negotiation. As a comparison, Dr Edward Ball (who seems to be another legend repeatedly mentioned on this forum) charges £5 per graft. The Hair Dr seems to be the most ‘bang for your buck’.

@HTL33 - thanks for sharing; especially the point about aftercare - something that I have overlooked before due to being attracted abroad on cheaper costs

S

SheddinStevens

Oh absolutely, it’s the real-life feedback and progress which gives assurance, not carefully selective photos uploaded by the clinic!

I called the Hair Dr earlier this week and they also said £3...I wonder if they are open for negotiation. As a comparison, Dr Edward Ball (who seems to be another legend repeatedly mentioned on this forum) charges £5 per graft. The Hair Dr seems to be the most ‘bang for your buck’.

@HTL33 - thanks for sharing; especially the point about aftercare - something that I have overlooked before due to being attracted abroad on cheaper costs
I definitely wouldn't try and negotiate prices with such a procedure. If any potential client of mine tries to bring my price down I tend to ignore them beyond that.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

I definitely wouldn't try and negotiate prices with such a procedure. If any potential client of mine tries to bring my price down I tend to ignore them beyond that.
I wouldn’t want to do this aggressively...I suppose it depends on how the consultation forms my opinion. Judging from this forum, I should be in for a good experience!

H

HTL33

To me it felt like the price wasn’t negotiable, but to be honest £3 per graft seemed decent for UK pricing from what I’d seen and researched elsewhere.

Ultimately 6-12 months down the line if the results are there I won’t think about the £7,500 I paid :) hopefully the same for all you guys!!!

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
To me it felt like the price wasn’t negotiable, but to be honest £3 per graft seemed decent for UK pricing from what I’d seen and researched elsewhere.

Ultimately 6-12 months down the line if the results are there I won’t think about the £7,500 I paid :) hopefully the same for all you guys!!!
Im with you on this. To be confident when I go out in public and not even have to style my hair to cover up bald patches is worth every penny. Not once have I regretted the cost of my HT and I was going to go to Belgium before I discovered The Hair Dr which would have saved me £4K. Results and after care over cost is what matters to me most.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Day 14:
I set myself a little ‘extension’ to the rules of sleeping upright, wearing a cap etc. so sleeping properly tonight is going to be bliss..!

I’ve still got quite a bit of scabbing unfortunately, also realised the true impact of the donor site when these pictures were taken, hopefully it all looks normal though?

Hope you got a good nights sleep, it’s always nice to relax and be worry free.
Your scabbing will be gone soon. Give your hair a soak for 5 minutes, massage the scalp and just wash off normally in the shower.
Your donor looks ok, it’ll look thin until it fuller recovers and any shock loss grows back.

H

HTL33

Definitely Baldingman23, the feeling I hope I will have of not having to worry about a bit of wind or rain is going to be amazing!

Thanks BM, your comments are reassuring! Safe to say my sleep pattern is so much better post travel pillow but needs must at the time I guess.

L

Lockdown-Locks!

Reading the last few responses makes me agree.

I can’t stress how much this forum has helped me in my research and knowledge of this procedure. The community here is fantastic *throwing my drink in the air right now for a ‘cheers’!*

H

HTL33

Week 3 Update:
So I am 21 days in and shedding has well and truly started, lots of hairs in the sink when doing the daily wash over the past week or so. Nearly all scabs are gone now I’d say.

I am slightly nervous about shock loss, as my hair looks thinner than I thought in places near my implants, maybe I’m just overanalysing... Thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated!

Week 3 Pictures:
54EEB7D9-4F37-455C-8D79-7CBDAAB52DCC.jpeg

775519D5-98F0-439A-80F3-35D019D2B2A8.jpeg

ED9313EA-1D6A-4852-AAD2-B6A9DE0A24AC.jpeg

0A03DC1A-F3E7-4DAA-8465-D1F3B1DAF4C9.jpeg

D7E3507A-176C-4EAF-98CB-6CF21D135783.jpeg

H

HTL33

1 Month Update:
So not too much change other than the shedding seems to have slowed down, is it possible to keep some of the implanted hairs rather than shed? I have no idea!

Any anxieties I had about my hair are gone, it’s funny how quickly you get use to the change and having a shaved head as such. But in saying that, I have slight nerves around my donor area and how that’ll look if I want it short. Any opinions on how short I can have my hair on the sides and back without it being too noticeable?

1 Month Pictures:
76A9BF3A-D077-444F-8FEF-FD271B30A805.jpeg

1E17A96F-2361-4926-A0F1-AAD7A2D376D0.jpeg

ECF5C9F1-2D89-47A3-A932-40B72326E989.jpeg

A0ED12E9-90AE-4F09-B4C8-4F2BB1C93ADC.jpeg

6882EFA3-7D46-4DC5-86D4-E8274FD4FB07.jpeg

5B6F6240-38BF-4838-B255-732F4B1D6A72.jpeg

B0833D72-9927-4975-8B20-89E95AFD31E6.jpeg

H

Hoping_for_hair

Looks like everything is coming along well - the donor looks untouched to me from those pics sure you will be able to experiment with how short you can go!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks to be healing well and on track.
Some grafts may not shed and continue to grow. Others may be stalled hairs which is the hair shaft that is detached from the bulb but hasn`t fallen out of the scalp yet. Nothing to worry about if they are stalled.
Cutting your hair short will be trial and error. Your donor looks good, maybe try a number 3 guard. If it looks good, then try a 2 if you want it even shorter. Skin fades seem quite popular right now.

H

HTL33

Cheers guys appreciate the comments.

BM thank you for putting my mind at ease regarding the hairs remaining in the recipient! I’m going to be using aloe vera gel to calm the redness.

Going into the phase where not too much is happening now I guess, so I’ll be posting every few weeks / on each month.

S

Springsteenfan

Thank you for this post...I rang the clinic after reading about your journey. After days of research, I finally felt certain about taking the leap. I couldn't have been more disappointed with the way the call went, the person on the other side of line was abrupt and couldn't wait to get me off the line. Really unprofessional- perhaps I'm reading too much into this or they were having a bad day! But it is such a big decision and now that my mind is made up, I either get pushy sales people on the other side of the line or the other end of the scale...people who are just not interested! :mad: Anyway, look forward to seeing how things progress.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Thank you for this post...I rang the clinic after reading about your journey. After days of research, I finally felt certain about taking the leap. I couldn't have been more disappointed with the way the call went, the person on the other side of line was abrupt and couldn't wait to get me off the line. Really unprofessional- perhaps I'm reading too much into this or they were having a bad day! But it is such a big decision and now that my mind is made up, I either get pushy sales people on the other side of the line or the other end of the scale...people who are just not interested! :mad: Anyway, look forward to seeing how things progress.
This is strange and im
Very surprised you had this experience. I found the whole team to be very professional, I still message the clinic regularly via WhatsApp with any questions or worries I have and they get back to me straight away.

H

HTL33

Hey Springsteenfan, sorry you had this experience and are struggling to find the right clinic for you.

All I can to is reiterate what I’ve said, and echo Baldingman23 above, they’ve been brilliant with me, personable and down to earth.

Do you know who you spoke to? I found Adam very professional in all initial chats, a genuinely nice guy too.

Either way, good luck on your journey too when you take that leap - you won’t regret it!