• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE hair transplant - Any sexual side effects???

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Hello,

Has there been any reported cases of sexual dysfunction from the procedure itself? (Rather than from Finsterside or other medications).

I know it's a bit of a paranoid question.

I had an FUE few days ago, and at the moment thoughts through my mind are coming through regarding the potential effects in the future (ie, sexual dysfunction, unnatural hairline, coarse hair, etc).

There's a great part of me at the moment that's telling me maybe I shouldn't have done this procedure and just accepted baldness - it's easy to think that now, I know. But I just feel 'unnatural' and a bit 'artificial' now (Something which goes against my principles in life).

Anyway, I hope it's a case of once I get my hair grown, I'll forget about all of this procedure and stuff and just get on with life as normal. (I fully intend to keep my hair shortish and keep it low maintenance - I'm not sure I would want to go all the way through my life thinking about my hair).

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
No, I have never seen any patient report that as a side effect!

It is natural to have initial questions and doubts etc because you have done something new and that has a visual impact and no patient has ever had a first surgery and then not had any questions or thoughts about how it will turn out. There will be a lot of mirror looking and especially after a first surgery and this is all natural with the accompanying questions.

The naturalness and "coarseness" as you say will depend on the clinic's ability to perform the surgery and no reputable clinic should be making unnatural hair lines or using coarse hair in a hair line, and especially with FUE whereby they really can cherry pick finer hairs for the initial hair-line design, so those are things that patients can see from the clinic's cases and look how natural the hair lines are and there is no reason yours should no be any different.

I don't think it is anything artificial myself, I was asked this years ago and for me I was replacing something I lost, something natural and what I was born with, and not adding artificial pectoral muscles or adding parts to my body I never had naturally, that is a growing trend today. So, try to relax and enjoy the time off from work or whatever you do and feel free to upload photos and I am sure forum users will be able to re-assure you on the work done and of course, keep in touch with the clinic you went to for their input.

All the best with healing and growth!

F

FUE3800Graftshead

Thanks for your response. Really helpful

I'm 36 and I've never had one due to life circumstances. Before the procedure i fretted about how women would not see me as attractive enough (and this is the case),and now after the procedure, I fret about women turning me down if they found out about my HT! I guess this is how your brain is working again you.

Once I recover, I hope I'd be able to just forget about it and make up for lost time.

I had my procedure with Dr Tayfun O - I have mixed feelings about him, I really hope he's a truly great surgeon and not simply some sort of con man (or surrounded by a great marketing team).

Also, I'm a little bit hesitant about uploading my pictures in case I receive bad news from the opinions. I think I'll wait until my native hair has grown back to its usual level and then I'll post pictures of my HT. (And then in the coming months, pictures of, hopefully, the new hair!)

:)

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Never heared of any sexual side effects of having an FUE procedure.
However, you may get to meet more woman once it has grown out and indirectly get a nice 'side effect'.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
All the best to you and thanks for the honesty shown, we are all rooting for you and have been through what you are going through and for sure the forum users would all be supportive in any concerns you have. Really looking forward to your updates, even if without photos is fine, we just want to know you are doing well.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Never heard of any direct Sexual side effects but me personally once I regained my confidence through restoring my hair i felt more comfortable and relaxed around my partner which reflected in a positive way in the bedroom.... I wasnt afraid of her touching my balding head during sex anymore and I could now relax more and enjoy being intimate more.......bit personal but there ya go lol.