• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE HT Scheduled with Dr Bisanga - 19th December

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Hey guys

This is my first post on Hair Loss Experience but some of you may know me from a few of the other forums.

I thought I would start a new thread as I am scheduled for a FUE session with Dr Bisanga on 19th December.

I had a FUE procedure with Dr Armani about 2 years ago. 2425 grafts onto my NW3 head. The results were poor to say the least. Although I was offered a touch up I decided not to let Dr Armani touch my head again. I haven't had much option but to put it down to experience and move on.

You can see my pics attached and although they look pretty bad the reality is that when my hair is grown out and with a bit of concealer (see last pic) I can pretty much get away with it. However, I would really like to get to a position where I didn't have to wear concealer and I could not have that constant hair worry. You know that feeling when you tense up when a girl playfully runs her hands through your hair?

My plan is to have approximately 1000 FUE grafts into the transplanted area to create the hairline that Dr Armani failed to do. I realise that 1000 FUE is probably a bit less than I need but I think it is enough to make a significant cosmetic difference and it will allow me to assess the results without using too much more of my donor hair. Once this procedure has grown in I will reassess where I am. I haven't ruled out going down the strip route at some point later on.

I spent a long time deciding on the doctor that I wanted to go to. I think since I have begun my hair transplant decision I have consulted with 6 docs in person and several more via the internet. I have emailed dozens of patients and even have a facebook friend out of it. For this 2nd procedure I eventually narrowed it down to either Dr Bisanga or Dr Ron Shapiro. I have had a lot of contact with Phil from Dr Bisanga's office and Jason from Dr Shapiro's office. Both have been fantastic and I would feel completely confident with either Dr. The choice eventually came down to one of scheduling and the fact that, living in London, Brussels is cheaper and more convenient to get to and from.

Well, I have to say I am nervous and excited. I am not looking forward to the actual procedure but I am hopeful that it will be worth it in the end. I will keep everyone updated on the progress of my 2nd round in the chair and am happy to answer any questions that people have.

Best wishes,

Stingray

2615866132_4602177647_o.jpg

BEFORE ANY HT

4111770183_b5e0af80f4_o.png

4169778630_df16b6a10b_b.jpg

4169785988_d54ee787cf_b.jpg

POST ARMANI HT

3365302886_d7ee316d09.jpg

How I wear my hair to hide my hairline.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Best of luck. You are in good hands and all will go well. Keep us posted about your progress.

NN

J

JumpingHair

Valued member
Good luck stingray. Hope things go well for you.
I'm looking forward to your pics and progress.

JH

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stingray.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your prior HT experience.It will be great to follow your next procedure with Dr Bisanga.

Wishing you the best possible outcome with your next fue procedure.

Take care.

bm.

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Your in good hands with Dr Bisanga, saying that you could of done your last HT better yourself than Armani doing it. Good thing that you are totally repairable.

S

scarred5

Valued member
wise choice, id stick with fue long term and avoid a strip scar if possible, being so close to bhr is a stroke of good luck as well,

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stingray,will you be flying or getting the train to Brussels.

Counting the days down now.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it very much.

Bigmac - I am getting the Eurostar down to Brussels. I think £140 return.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi Stingray...

Can see why your not happy with your original work and think you have made a great choice with regard to getting fixed up. Your lucky that you have been able to hide those grafts....

All the best, and look forward to seeing your results

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Stingray76 wrote:

Thanks Stingray for confirming that,once you`ve been could you post about the travel aspect,ie customs etc as i would like to know what happens when travelling by train.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Bigmac wrote:
Stingray76 wrote:

Thanks Stingray for confirming that,once you`ve been could you post about the travel aspect,ie customs etc as i would like to know what happens when travelling by train.
Of course, no problem at all.
SR

M

MnM

Valued member
All the best on your upcoming procedure Stingray. I remember you describing your situation earlier (on another forum) and I certainly felt bad about your situation and how "Dr" Armani left you. If I remember correctly, you also had some "pitting"? Has that gone away?

I think you definitely made the right decision to go elsewhere for your second procedure, and while I think you will want more grafts than 1,000 in the end, I think it will go a long way to concealing the work that was done.

Good luck again!

M&M

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Thanks MnM

I didn't have pitting so much as little bumps. They have pretty much gone away now. The recipient area looks ok, it is just a bit sparse.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Well, I was meant to be having my procedure with Dr Bisanga today but unfortunately Eurostar have decided to have a crises which resulted in all services being canceled.

Eurostar Chaos

Dr Bisanga's office has been really good about it and we are looking to rearrange a date early next year.

It's a bit annoying if for no other reason than I have had to forgo Christmas booze for the last few days. Heh! ;;D

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Yes, you definitely get all psyched up for the procedure and getting up at 5:30am this morning was not much fun so I am a little bit gutted but it is not the end of the world.

I think next time I will try and come down the night before just to avoid the 5:30am wake-up call and to give me a bit of leeway should anything go wrong again.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear that your HT has been put back.Its good of BHR clinic to re-schedule you early next year,just what i`ve come to expect from a top clinic.

You`ll be able to get to Tesco now and take advantage of their booze offer(45 cans for £20)

This country and our European neighbours should be geared up to handle a little snow.

Anyway,i hope you dont feel too down having to wait a little longer,have a great festive season.

Take care.

bm.

Stingray76

Stingray76

Can't re member
Hey guys

I thought I would update you all.

I am currently in Brussels as the date of my rescheduled FUE HT with Dr Bisanga is tomorrow. The reason it was so long after my missed appointment in December is that I had to wait till I had sufficient time off law school to allow for recovery.

Anyway, the trip over on the Eurostar is an absolute breeze and was only 2 hours. The hotel around the corner from BHR is perfectly nice and very reasonable (76 Euros a night with breakfast). I had a brief chat with Phil and Dr Bisanga to go over the procedure for tomorrow and I am feeling pretty relaxed about it all.

Just by way of reminder I am having about 1000 grafts. The majority are to rebuild the unnatural and thin Armani hairline and whatever is left to thicken up the right side area where the transplanted grafts meet my natural hairline. I know that in a perfect world I need more than 1000 grafts but I want to see how this goes first before coming back for some more.

I will post pics as and when I have something to show you.

All the best,

SR

:T: