• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

FUE result after 7 months!

S

shyderalirizvi

Hello,
I had my procedure for 2400 grafts back in December 2019. My first question is that the surgeon did not cover my full front hairline (post op picture attached) and said that it will affect my hair already there. Should he have covered full front instead of leaving some portion in the middle?

second question is that after seeing good growth at 5th month I am seeing that my front is again thinning at 7 month and seeing some shedding again from front. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 2C66CF35-7204-4FA2-AE9C-487244A217A6.jpeg
    2C66CF35-7204-4FA2-AE9C-487244A217A6.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 331
  • 19E8C07F-10AA-437E-8822-06104454761E.jpeg
    19E8C07F-10AA-437E-8822-06104454761E.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 29D268A3-3E17-484D-8A7A-D39FF8658A04.jpeg
    29D268A3-3E17-484D-8A7A-D39FF8658A04.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 390E878C-E39F-4923-8977-C9AB16C8DDDA.jpeg
    390E878C-E39F-4923-8977-C9AB16C8DDDA.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 410
S

shyderalirizvi

The first two pictures are pre- op and last picture is 7 month post op.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there. The doctor is correct. Planting into existing hair can cause permanent shock loss. Clinics usually take the approach you have had planting around the forelock. It looks as though they have tried matching the density as near as possible with maybe 1000 grafts on each side and 400 scattered behind.
Shedding can happen at any time, this is probably what is happening with you at 7 months. It is normal, some shed more than others. It should recover soon enough.
Are you on any hair loss meds to prevent further hair loss?

S

shyderalirizvi

Hi there. The doctor is correct. Planting into existing hair can cause permanent shock loss. Clinics usually take the approach you have had planting around the forelock. It looks as though they have tried matching the density as near as possible with maybe 1000 grafts on each side and 400 scattered behind.
Shedding can happen at any time, this is probably what is happening with you at 7 months. It is normal, some shed more than others. It should recover soon enough.
Thank you so much for your reply. No I am not taking any medication apart from DHT blocking shampoo. Should I take something to stop the shedding?

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
There is always a debate as to go over a tuft at the front or leave it. If the quality and density is good it is usually left but with the caveat that medication may be needed to keep it or if it goes then place over it as and when it does. Keep in touch with the performing clinic if possible so they can guide you also. All the best for the continued growth.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You could try MSM or Biotin, both usually encourage faster hair growth. Some people will use Minoxidil to encourage faster growth but this can accelerate hair shedding. Before you know it the shed will be over and your hair is back to its usual state.

M

mojones

Hello,
I had my procedure for 2400 grafts back in December 2019. My first question is that the surgeon did not cover my full front hairline (post op picture attached) and said that it will affect my hair already there. Should he have covered full front instead of leaving some portion in the middle?

second question is that after seeing good growth at 5th month I am seeing that my front is again thinning at 7 month and seeing some shedding again from front. Is this normal?
Did it get better?

L

Luka

I was told this twice when I had grafts transplanted in the forelock and ended up with insufficient grafts and had to do several transplants in the frontal third. Ultimatelz I have never suffered shockloss in the recipient. I am wondering if this is not an excuse for those surgeons that are unsure of their own skill? This is what some say for the crown as to many people online, surgeons included, that it's practically not worth doing, since the yield is very poor due to poor vascularity...