• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Dr Clinic - Dr Arshad - 2267 Grafts - Temples + Mid Scalp 25/11/2020

R

Richie888

Hello my fellow follicle fighters

Firstly thanks to all who provide valuable info on a daily basis. When I started out researching about 2 years ago I was in the naïve mindset of basing everything on price. I had no understanding of who performs what, donors being limited and so on. It was only the fact that my passport needing renewing that delayed me from going to Turkey!

Fast forward to now and I am exactly 2 days post op. I have chosen Dr Arshad because he is creating a lot of proven and solid results. For me it was just a lot easier to get my transplant done in the UK due to family and work commitments, the fear of surgery abroad - as I've literally never been in hospital - and the fact that he is one of the few UK clinics charging a reasonable price.

Anyway my main concern is the temples which we addressed and also some mid scalp. I am aware that the crown appears to be showing loss but at the minute I intend to start at the front and work back.

On the day 2267 follicles was extracted with the breakdown being:

Singles-440

Doubles-1121

3/4's-706

A 0.8 punch was used.

I won't go over a full breakdown on the day as it's been covered before what what I will say it's ran like a well oiled machine and every one of the staff from the minute you walk in the door to when you leave are excellent. It was in no way a walk in the park and in the end I just wanted to get home but the day is over soon enough.

I suffered quite bad swelling on the day which cleared up really well on day 2 with the meds. I'm also spraying saline regularly as directed and the grafts and looking clean. Feel free to ask any questions
Ps first post so apologies if the pics are not in order.

Screenshot_20201127-124947.png
PXL_20201127_142506557.jpg
PXL_20201127_143021691.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20201127_142334952.jpg
Screenshot_20201127-125023.png

Attachments

• PXL_20201125_194839775.jpg
    PXL_20201125_194839775.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 180
R

Richie888

Day 3 - swelling easing off nicely, starting to itch now as the nerves come back to life! Sensation is back in donor area and not much pain sleeping on it. still struggling to find a comfortable sleeping position but the lack of sleep has been ok. I will upload some more pics in different lighting after my first wash.

PXL_20201128_115312110.jpg
PXL_20201128_114814999.jpg
PXL_20201128_114918260.jpg

alex5

alex5

Hey Richie.
The hairline looks great, it will look even better in a week or so when the scabs have gone and redness decreased.
You had the exact same procedure as I will be getting with Dr Arshad. 2000 grafts front hairline and mid scalp!
Are you happy with everything Dr Arshad did and your experience?

R

Richie888

Thanks Alex. Yea I'm happy with the result, I'm literally counting down the days to my first wash so I can see it clearer. I tried not to describe my overall experience in too much detail as what was uncomfortable for me may be a breeze for others. If you are ok with injections then that's the tough bit, I know if you are anxious of the pain then Dr Arshad can use a technique to make it virtually painless. If so I'd let them know in the morning.
It's a well ran practice and everyone is there to help. It's also one of the most surreal things I've ever done in the sense of finally having hair where I have always wanted it just by spending the day in the clinic!
I was considering shaping the temples more but on good advise I have started conservative as it is easier to adjust in the future then go all in now and regret it. Hope this helps, have you set a date?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Looking good Richie. I think you will be very happy with that hairline when it starts to grow.

alex5

alex5

Thanks Alex. Yea I'm happy with the result, I'm literally counting down the days to my first wash so I can see it clearer. I tried not to describe my overall experience in too much detail as what was uncomfortable for me may be a breeze for others. If you are ok with injections then that's the tough bit, I know if you are anxious of the pain then Dr Arshad can use a technique to make it virtually painless. If so I'd let them know in the morning.
It's a well ran practice and everyone is there to help. It's also one of the most surreal things I've ever done in the sense of finally having hair where I have always wanted it just by spending the day in the clinic!
I was considering shaping the temples more but on good advise I have started conservative as it is easier to adjust in the future then go all in now and regret it. Hope this helps, have you set a date?

Mines in January, looking forward to it but always nervous which I guess is natural.

Thanks for the write up and it would be great if you keep us updated with pica

R

Richie888

Mines in January, looking forward to it but always nervous which I guess is natural.

Thanks for the write up and it would be great if you keep us updated with pica
Just keep busy over Christmas and put it to the back of your mind. Turn up on the day and try not to overthink it as it will run a lot smoother than you can imagine.
I'll keep this updated for the foreseeable as if it helps one person make their decision at some point then it's worth the time. I know I would be in a different position now if I hadn't actually stopped listening to bad advice and done some research.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Richie, thanks for sharing your story.
It’s good to hear the forum helped you and that you realised there is more to a hair transplant than price.

Those 2500 plus grafts will make a significant impact to your appearance. While sleeping is awkward for the first few days it soon passes.

Everything looks good.

R

Richie888

Thanks for the reassurance Bigmac. I'm just looking forward to giving them a good wash and not being afraid to let anything touch my head!

theshape1122

theshape1122

Valued member
Looks great! seeing so many great looking results with Dr Arshad, I am just past 1 month since I had mine done with him.

The first 7 days are the worst but after that it gets much better.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reassurance Bigmac. I'm just looking forward to giving them a good wash and not being afraid to let anything touch my head!

At 4 days post op the grafts are secure but I know lots of clinics have their own protocols on post op care which should be followed. Once you begin to soak your head with shampoo and the scabs come off you will feel more comfortable.

R

Richie888

Evening All
I am now 7 days post surgery and completed my first wash earlier. It has healed and cleaned up really well. Still some signs of bruising but all swelling has subsided although I am still getting the odd headache after sleeping on the donor area. I've included 2 x microscope pics just for anyone intrigued how it looks close up :) one of healed donor and one of the front row of grafts

PXL_20201202_122229413.jpgPXL_20201202_121554572.jpgPXL_20201202_122108661.jpgPXL_20201202_172851994.jpgPXL_20201202_172922143.jpg

S

Saint4805

Hi Richie, thanks for sharing your progress. Looks really good so far and it sounds like the Hair Dr did a thoroughly professional job. Hopefully the shedding phase isn't too bad for you. Look forward to the next update.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s looking very good at 7 days post op, nice and clean. You`re healing quickly.
I bet it felt good having that first wash.
You probably have a few tender spots in the donor that are the cause of the odd headache. Just as a preventative measure it may work well if you take a couple of pain pills before going to bed just in case.
Other than that, all looks and sounds good.

R

Richie888

It`s looking very good at 7 days post op, nice and clean. You`re healing quickly.
I bet it felt good having that first wash.
You probably have a few tender spots in the donor that are the cause of the odd headache. Just as a preventative measure it may work well if you take a couple of pain pills before going to bed just in case.
Other than that, all looks and sounds good.
Cheers. Tbh I have surprised myself with how well it has healed but then I have been strict with everything I can including diet and keeping the grafts hydrated so hopefully it goes to show every little variable makes a difference. I was looking forward to the first wash more than Xmas! It's so good getting rid of the scabs etc.

Yea I was getting concerned over the donor still being tender but then I'm barely past a week so it's just overthinking. All the swelling and bruising has gone. Thanks for the reassurance as per (y)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Every little bit certainly does help the healing process.
I remember one of my Fue sessions the donor felt very tight with a dull ache in certain places which I didn't really notice when it went so couldn't have been that much of an issue thinking back. It's good to hear the swelling and bruising has gone. You'll be back to looking normal again.

R

Richie888

Bit of a delayed update due to the holidays. I am now 7 weeks post op and all is coming along nicely. I started shedding about 10 days and was all done by the 3rd week. The grafts are growing even better than I imagined and quite a few at the front centre held on and went straight into growth. I started using aloe Vera gel to ease the redness ready for Christmas get togethers and to be honest, it has worked really well. I would recommend it to anyone who had obvious redness like myself. Overall I'm happy with my current progress and even more so now it has grown to a point where the native hair hides the fact I've had a transplant. Even some of the newly sprouted hairs are about 9-10mm.

The first picture is at 3 weeks and post shedding the grafts. The rest are from now.

HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant 1.jpg
HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant grafts under magnification.jpg
HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant 4.jpg
HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant 2.jpg
HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant 3.jpg
HairDr Leeds Hair Transplant donor area.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear the Aloe Vera gel helped with the redness. Getting growth this early is rare but exciting for you. The grafts that continued to grow is a nice plus as well.
The outline of your hairline can be seen. I think it will look good once grown out. There`s a small thin patch in your donor that`ll be taking a bit longer to recover. Other than that, your donor is looking in great shape.
Thanks for the update.

R

Richie888

Good to hear the Aloe Vera gel helped with the redness. Getting growth this early is rare but exciting for you. The grafts that continued to grow is a nice plus as well.
The outline of your hairline can be seen. I think it will look good once grown out. There`s a small thin patch in your donor that`ll be taking a bit longer to recover. Other than that, your donor is looking in great shape.
Thanks for the update.
Thanks, yeah it's 2 months tomorrow so it's coming along nicely. The aloe has had a big impact as I'm fair skinned so even scars stay quite visible on me. I also feel like it helped with the growth, I still put it on the front twice a day. It may be a placebo but every little helps . The donor area still looks a bit uneven and I may even have a bit of shock loss but I'm not going to fret for now as it's early days.

PXL_20210119_001017524.jpg

V

Vietn

Looking good and hope it goes well

how much did you pay for the procedure?

cheers