• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Dr; Dr Arshad; 2000 FUE; Partially Shaven 16.12.2020

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I’m just over month 9 and also lacking density.
Your hair density is low and whilst some do experience growth after 9 months the main changes now are hairs maturing. I wouldn’t expect many new hairs to sprout as they should now have all come through.
I’m in the same boat and as frustrating as it is, I think it is something we both have to accept. The results we have got are below the level we would’ve wanted given we went with a recommended surgeon here.

just for the record….this forum does not recommend doctors or clinics!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey everyone. This is my 9 month update. Shape is there but feel as though I am still lacking density / thickness. Be good to hear peoples thoughts. Donor area is looking untouched and still very thick.

Sorry to say….if there is no improvement soon you will be looking at another one to fix it.

D

Dave_2022

At 9 months this is not looking like one would expect from a top surgeon. I am not trying to be negative in any way, simply being honest.
There will be changes on the coming months I am sure, but at this stage there won't (unless your are extremely rare) be a flurry of new growth. In simple terms, the hairs should have all gone through their growth stages and pretty much all be through.

I was called out for telling @SPHW88 that his results were sub-par for 5 months, but here we clearly have another example of Dr Arshad's work falling short of the mark.

In no way am I trying to "out" this Dr but we are now seeing an alarmingly high number of poor results from his clinic.
certainly food for thought at the very least

I

Ian888

Hey everyone. This is my 9 month update. Shape is there but feel as though I am still lacking density / thickness. Be good to hear peoples thoughts. Donor area is looking untouched and still very thick.

Hi @duffman in my opinion for 9 months I think this looks ok. Yes the density could be better but I agree with you that the shape is there. Just needs to thicken up… The donor area appearing untouched is a real positive.. as @Baldingman23 says most of his growth came at around 9/10 months so I think you have time yet - will be interesting to see how it looks at 12 months …

T

Tazza11

Not sure why @Ian888 seems to be defending Dr Arshad in every thread?

The results being posted by members who have had their transplant with the Hair Dr are simply not satisfactory. End of.

There is no political correctness here, that you cannot possibly speak negatively of a surgeon's work. The images speak for themselves and are there in multiple threads. All of them are lackluster and the patient is not happy, requiring additional surgery.

It needs to be highlighted not played down. As I would be absolutely gutted if I had paid that money, gone through that process, only to turn out like that.

D

Dave_2022

Not sure why @Ian888 seems to be defending Dr Arshad in every thread?

The results being posted by members who have had their transplant with the Hair Dr are simply not satisfactory. End of.

There is no political correctness here, that you cannot possibly speak negatively of a surgeon's work. The images speak for themselves and are there in multiple threads. All of them are lackluster and the patient is not happy, requiring additional surgery.

It needs to be highlighted not played down. As I would be absolutely gutted if I had paid that money, gone through that process, only to turn out like that.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one highlighting and calling this out. It's pretty clear that results from too many patients are just not very good. It's black and white as far as I am concerned.

There is a quality commissions report (all publicly available and can be found using google- search The Hair Dr report)
There are a few points of possible concern contained within the report and some comments relating to technicians.
I tried linking this to evidence that I'm not simply making this up but this site won't allow links.

L

lmidge

i have seen a few posts with dr hair and also follow someone on you tube, the lodge guys. Who also visited the clinic and i wouldn't be happy with any of them. And i wouldn't say i have mega high standards. But i was quoted 6k. Not a chance id pay that for the work i have seen thus far.

duffman

duffman

Valued member
11 months update. Photos taken under bathroom light

Attachments

• IMG_4496.jpg
    IMG_4496.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_4501.jpg
    IMG_4501.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 447
D

D18

This looks similar to mine, also appears to have a few gaps on the hair line. There more I look at mire the more disappointed I am in it. I also had mine done at the hair doctor around 10 month ago

C

CurlymixedUK

Hey @duffman , just wondering if you have an update? My hair loss is basically identical to yours, and I’m likely to need around 2000 grafts too. Been considering going to the same clinic but I’m unsure. I’m also just curious why they went so far back when implanting the grafts? It looks as if grafts were implanted in areas where you already had a lot of native hair. Hope the growth is improving man.

D

D18

The growth has been ok. Not 100 satisfied with it as I have gaps and one still is still quite thin. Goin back on 24th for yearly update n hopefully get it sorted

Attachments

• 6687F4D3-561B-4C83-98A9-5E55007297EA.jpeg
    6687F4D3-561B-4C83-98A9-5E55007297EA.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 336
  • BC4A4886-E4D3-4514-83D3-B489E08EDE20.jpeg
    BC4A4886-E4D3-4514-83D3-B489E08EDE20.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 367
duffman

duffman

Valued member
Hey @duffman , just wondering if you have an update? My hair loss is basically identical to yours, and I’m likely to need around 2000 grafts too. Been considering going to the same clinic but I’m unsure. I’m also just curious why they went so far back when implanting the grafts? It looks as if grafts were implanted in areas where you already had a lot of native hair. Hope the growth is improving man.
Hey
I have seen some improvements since my last post however another pass is required IMO to match my existing density. I will try and post an update soon. I think he went so far back due to a bit of future proofing but I cant really remember to be honest.

D

Dave_2022

It's a reoccurring theme this is.
So many failed procedures from last year. It's very clear that either something has gone very wrong or simply that the Dr is not very good. There were previously some good results from his clinic going back to patients from 2019, but now it seems there are more failed patient documented results then good results.
Fingers crossed you get the results you desire. Let us know what they say. Be keen to know what the reason is.

D

D18

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about the results, and it’s very expensive. Starting to wonder if I could claim some money back.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hey
I have seen some improvements since my last post however another pass is required IMO to match my existing density. I will try and post an update soon. I think he went so far back due to a but of future proofing but I cant really remember to be honest.

Hi Duffman, sorry I missed your last update at 11 months.

Any chance you could add some pictures showing your final result? Try to take them in natural lighting and same angles/distance as your pre op pictures. Lighting conditions and how we style/hold the hair can change how it really looks to the naked eye.

Going back to my first post on this thread I asked the following but you never answered at the time and in your most recent post you mention future proofing - Question - it looks as though you have a full forelock but I assume it had thinned out looking at your graft distribution. Was this area thinned out?

I asked the above question because it looks as though the 2000 grafts were spread out with an equal density over the whole recipient site when your forelock looked pretty decent. I believe a greater number of these grafts would have benefitted you more if they were placed in the bald areas. In your updates I can see that the forelock area filled in relatively quickly with the non hair areas taking longer.

I’ll look forward to seeing your pictures and will provide my opinion again.

duffman

duffman

Valued member
Due to not being happy at 12 months I went back to the clinic for a top up procedure of around 800 grafts, which the clinic provided for free. I am now just past 4 months following this top up and I am happy with how things are, especially with lots of time still to go. My left side is lacking slightly behind my right and has slight redness (possibly due to recently buzzing my hair down). I will update further at around 6 months and beyond. All pictures and video taken under bright bathroom lighting to try and show an honest interpretation using the back camera of my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_6406.jpg
    IMG_6406.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6407.jpg
    IMG_6407.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_6408.jpg
    IMG_6408.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6410.jpg
    IMG_6410.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 158
  • Untitled_AdobeExpress.gif
    Untitled_AdobeExpress.gif
    741.6 KB · Views: 160
D

D18

Yeah I’m about 20 month post transplant and realised how bad mine is now: I’ve looked at another surgeon that has offered to re-do mine. £6000 a lot of money when your not happy with it

A

AdamHairDrUK

Due to not being happy at 12 months I went back to the clinic for a top up procedure of around 800 grafts, which the clinic provided for free. I am now just past 4 months following this top up and I am happy with how things are, especially with lots of time still to go. My left side is lacking slightly behind my right and has slight redness (possibly due to recently buzzing my hair down). I will update further at around 6 months and beyond. All pictures and video taken under bright bathroom lighting to try and show an honest interpretation using the back camera of my phone.

Hi @duffman

I am glad to see you are happy with how things are at 4 months. The video looks great especially given the bright bathroom lighting and that you only had 2800 grafts in total in that area.

Just goes to show how a few hundred grafts on each side can change the perception and hopefully meet your expectations in the end.

Happy growing.

Regards
Adam