• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair growth after six months of transplant?

J

josephm

I had a hair transplant surgery six months back with Dr Simmonds in Toronto. About 2600 follicular grafts were extracted and put in frontal area where there was almost no hair. Now I can see only very little hair grown in that area. I was hoping for hair to be growing a little more after six months. Is it normal that growth is so slow? Is there anything I should worry about or will there be any improvement from now on?

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

Welcome to the forum and hope you find some answers , its still early to say as you could be a late grower we all dont grow at the same rate , I would suggest you put some pictures up before and after all the very best and hope things work out for you

Cheers

Dazz

A

ahujas88

Valued member
Normally in 6 months time, you must have seen at least 50-60% of the growth in normal cases. But sometimes the growth is actually little slower than normal. You must consult Dr Simmonds on an urgent basis and share your concern with him. He should start using some alternate or supplemental treatment side by side. There are many treatments like low-level laser therapy or PRP Therapy or minoxidil etc. But should only start anything after consulting your Surgeon.

Last edited:
H

henryvg

That is not good effects on hair growth you just concerned doctor again.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kamalmalik

More than half of the growth should have happened by now. But you may be a late grower as Dazzster26 said.

M

manjot

That is not good effects on hair growth you just concerned doctor again.

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Usually, at 6 months there is a good amount of regrowth to be seen. it is by no means the end result, but definitely, a change should be visible.

M

mania

Humm It is very much on the card that hair transplant can take up to six months to show the results ..

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Shame we didn't see the outcome to this. Late growth can happen but as has been said, at six months there really should be clear signs of growth. Hopefully things turned out ok for him.

P

profilehair01

Your hair will start to grow a half inch per month after four months of hair transplant. you will see proper growth after 1 year of hair transplant.

M

manjot

yeah.. hair transplant can take up to six months to show the results .. for more search hairtransplantindia