• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair loss advice needed

L

Lakers

Life has been tough since losing my hair! I am a student and feel everyone looks at my hair, well what is left. I think about it all the time. I began using propecia 1mg but unfortunately it has not stopped my hair loss or really regrown any hair.
Right now, I am still taking Propecia, started using rogaine and use Nizoral shampoo. I wear my hair short and pushed forward to cover the thin parts.
I am now thinking my only option is go for a hair transplant but being a student I am hard up right now.
I could muster around $5000, but this amount would not be sufficient in the US for the number of hairs I need. Are there any recommended places in Mexico?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Techno1

Techno1

Be careful when considering the low budget clinics. How many grafts are you hoping for with your budget?

L

Lakers

Around 2500 grafts. Can you recommend any clinics who are with considering that are within my price range?

Techno1

Techno1

Not sure you’ll be able to find anywhere in the US that’ll fit your budget. Other South American countries like Argentina where Dr. Lorenzo’s co partner has a clinic.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Check out Dr Sarah Salas if you’re wanting to have it done in Mexico.

Techno1

Techno1

Don’t rush into anything and don’t be hoodwinked into choosing a clinic that gets overly promoted. Without a doubt this site is the best. If you’ve been around a long time like me you know the history and posting patterns of the questionable characters.

L

Lakers

Thanks for the advice guys. I have some concerns, the main one being scarring from fue. What is the best size fue punch to minimize donor scarring? From the research I have completed it seems 0.80mm is the most popular size. Would you base your choice of surgeon on the size of the punch they use?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A 0.8mm punch is a decent punch to use providing that is the outer diameter. I would not want a punch that is larger than 1.0mm used on me unless it had to be larger to remove plugs.
Look at results and donor areas of patients to establish how talented the clinic is. A smaller punch does not guarantee quality in the wrong hands.

Philw

Totally understand u not wanting to send pics but we on this forum are all in the same boat as u,maybe sent pics with face covered up
We are here to help u and advise u mate