• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant 27 days post surgery

T

TL345

Hello all,
I'm new on this forum.
I did a FUE, 4100 graft in a Clinic with a good reputation in Istanbul 25 days ago (I went there because it's close to my place not to pay less on my surgery).

I'm worried about my transplant, it looks red and and little bit bumpy in some areas. It was not like that 2 weeks ago when the crust felt off.
Right now I'm following the post-op protocol :
I use minoxidil-finasteride (1%) topical : I did an allergy 3 weeks ago when I started minoxidil, I had flush with a super dry skin on my face, this reaction stopped when I started to use it with minoxidil. I use it everywhere except on my transplanted area.
On my transplanted and donor areas only : serum : peppermint, rosemary... twice a day.

I lost no grafts, everything was fine until now.

You'll find 5 pictures :
-Donor and transplanted area 2-5 days post-op :
IMG_4574.jpegIMG_4640.jpeg

-Transplanted area 15 days post-op :

IMG_4865.jpeg

-Transplanted area 25 days post-op :

IMG_5029.jpegIMG_5030.jpegIMG_5031.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Some patients suffer from an infection around the newly implanted hair follicles which is called folliculitis. You have pimples with yellow pus which is a classic sign. It is a fairly common condition after a hair transplant.
Does it feel hot, itchy, or painful?
The minoxidil could be causing some irritation too. It may be worthwhile stopping its use for a few days but check this with your HT doctor.
A warm compress applied to the area usually helps. Sometimes a course of antibiotics or antibiotic cream is needed to help fight any bacteria that could be there.
Have you contacted the clinic with your concerns?

T

TL345

Thank you for you reply that give me confort.

Yes It feel hot and slightly painful when I touch it (with clean hands), it doesn't feel itchy.

Yes I have contacted them, they told me the same thing. If it get worse they told me to contact them as well.
I would have a second advice incase it may have been something else.

I stopped using all the products yesterday. We will see how ti goes.

I'll post my evolution on this topic ^^

yidd0

yidd0

Yeah I agree with @Bigmac, e45 cream is also very good . I’ve seen quite a few pictures like this and it generally clears itself up in time .
Just out of interest , how old are you ? That is a very low hairline you have gone for there , was that at your specific request.?

T

TL345

Yeah I agree with @Bigmac, e45 cream is also very good . I’ve seen quite a few pictures like this and it generally clears itself up in time .
Just out of interest , who old are you ? That is a very low hairline you have gone for there , was that at your specific request.?
I'm 32 yo. In my family (mom's side) all men have the same shape (stage 2-3) and never lose them (they die with them). From 25 yo, I stopped losing hair (without treatment).
Knowing that the surgeon proposed me a lower hairline but I think it was a mistake. I payed for 3000 grafts but they have decided during the surgery to take 1100 more because I have thick single-double hairs and I needed to add more density to have a good result.

If I knew that before I would have done a higher hairline.
I also have a really big head (59-60) so it looks impressive.

Anyway, I'll deal with that and hope it will be a success.

Picture taken before the surgery (they have placed hairs in the red square, half of my head) :

IMG_5046.jpg

Front and side pic taken after the surgery (one day and 3 day) :

IMG_5045.PNG IMG_4653.jpg

Evolution of my donor area :

-directly after :
IMG_4533.jpeg

-One day after, the clinic did the first shampoo :

IMG_4544.jpeg

-Two days after, the clinic did the second shampoo :

IMG_4645.jpeg

-3 days :

IMG_4618.jpeg

-5 days :

IMG_4673.jpeg

-10 days (Depletion or Shockloss), I'll wait and see :

IMG_4746.jpegIMG_4747.jpeg

Today (26 days post surgery) :

IMG_5040.jpegIMG_5041.jpegIMG_5042.jpeg

Please let know what you think about it.

PS : I didn't let them shave my entire head, but I did it really carefully (without touching any graft) after by myself (because it was horrible XD).

yidd0

yidd0

Looks good . Donor is healing really well . Only a matter of time before the recipient area settles down . It’s a common thing folliculalitus

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully, once grown out you're happy with the hairline position. I did notice a couple of 2 hair grafts on your left side front hairline. They may not not be noticeable when you have your final result.
The donor looks to be healing well with possibly some shock loss that should return.
Keep us updated on how the transplanted area heals over the next few weeks.
All the best.

T

TL345

Just a little update at the 7 weeks post op (I have cut my hairs)
I've stopped shedding from the 5th week. Early growths has started from the 6th week. My hairs are blooming really well.
For my donor area, if it keep looking depleted like that I may go for a SMP (team Micro) in 2 months.

For my post op treatment
In the morning :
-Hair serum for my transplanted area.
-Minoxidil for my donor area.

In the evening :
-Essential oils for my transplanted and donor areas.
-Minoxidil + Topical finasteride on the top of my head.

I do 2 shampoos (hypoallergenic one) with 4 min massage everyday. Doing 2 shampoos helped to resolve the pimples.
Hopefully, once grown out you're happy with the hairline position. I did notice a couple of 2 hair grafts on your left side front hairline. They may not not be noticeable when you have your final result.
The donor looks to be healing well with possibly some shock loss that should return.
Keep us updated on how the transplanted area heals over the next few weeks.
All the best.
I've noticed them as well. I've asked them to be careful with that post-op so I'm kinda pissed about it. It may be a error from the tech. I've seen them clean and separate the hairs during the surgery. I heard that sometime you my have a dormant hair that grow from a fake simple follicule.
If it's a problem I'll do an electric epilation to remove them but it should be fine as I have thin hairs.

Attachments

• IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_5259.jpeg
    IMG_5259.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 242
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Before getting SMP I`d wait at least 6 months to see how your donor recovers as it looks to be improving. Sometimes, shock loss can take a while.
Who was your doctor?

T

TL345

Before getting SMP I`d wait at least 6 months to see how your donor recovers as it looks to be improving. Sometimes, shock loss can take a while.
Who was your doctor?
I read from Doctors that once the redness goes away, after 1-3 months, you can go for a SMP. I think it can't do any harm to do it after 3 months.

I went to a clinic, I know the name of the 2 surgeons that took care of me but I'll write them after when I'll have the final result.It's better to do so, I wanna stay objective.
(I'll send the informations by pm)

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Different doctors have different views on this. The scar tissue may look healed on the surface but what`s going on underneath? While a scar is healing it`s producing Collagen. If you have SMP while this process is going on then there is a chance the ink may not turn out as expected.
In 6 months time, your donor may look great without the need for SMP.
Thanks for the pm.

T

TL345

Different doctors have different views on this. The scar tissue may look healed on the surface but what`s going on underneath? While a scar is healing it`s producing Collagen. If you have SMP while this process is going on then there is a chance the ink may not turn out as expected.
In 6 months time, your donor may look great without the need for SMP.
Thanks for the pm.
That's a good point . I'll think about it.
Waiting 6 months look wiser.

T

TL345

8 weeks update

I think everything looks good. My hairs look dry (like if they have been burned) and patchy, but I think it's totally normal at this stage.

Attachments

• IMG_5369.jpg
    IMG_5369.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5364.jpg
    IMG_5364.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 163
yidd0

yidd0

All looks good , I see the follicularitus cleared up , that must be a relief for you. What did you use in the end to treat it ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
All looks normal at this stage. You have quite a bit of redness which will subside. Which hypoallergenic shampoo did you use?

T

TL345

Hello,
A little update at 3 months and 10 days. I had some double and even a triple follicules on the frontline but it doesn’t bother me at all ; I have really thick curly hairs and it’s unnoticeable.

I think everything looks normal.

131C2C84-3187-491C-ABE8-C63C11365859.jpeg

A93A7F69-3AE2-452A-B8AE-530832DDF8F7.jpeg
B14BAC7A-637E-408B-A59F-8C4500C089BF.jpeg
1DC19AA7-FC2C-476D-891F-C14D4C06C6C9.jpeg

All looks normal at this stage. You have quite a bit of redness which will subside. Which hypoallergenic shampoo did you use?
I used a babycare shampoo, the name is Sebamed.
For the redness I’m not really surprised as I have a really pale skin.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hairline is beginning to take shape. I can see the multi grafts in your hairline. If they don't bother you then that's fine but they really should not be there.
Your hair does not look curly, just a wave to it.
Thanks for the update.