• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant by AHD team, dr. Doganay - 3.000 grafts

T

tim

Hola,
Last week I had my hair transplant at AHD clinic. I chose them because my friend had his hair transplant done with these guys a few years ago and is happy with results. I am here to share my healing progress and also update you on new entry rules to Turkey.
First of all, I had online consultation with the clinic, I also FaceTimed with Dr. Doganay. We agreed how many grafts I may need, which was 2850-3000, more or less. I booked and appointment in the end of January. A couple weeks before my arrival the clinic send me instructions, like what to wear during operation, medications, etc., they also asked me not cut or trim my hair. 2 days before my trip I had to do PCR. Tested negative and landed, went through easily. I stayed at HolidayInn hotel in Antalya, organized by AHD.
The next day after arrival I was picked up and dropped to the clinic. Nice smiling staff, positive atmosphere, and a lot of sun outside :) I was very nervous because I chose hair transplant done by AHD team (the technicians), but dr. ensured that everything is under his control. So, was a relief. They extracted my hair on donor before noon, then we had lunch, and transplantation lasted after that till 4:30 pm. The next day was similar. On the third day I had my first hair wash and they explained my all healing stages :(. There are at least 10 months to wait. All in all, I was very nervous before the procedure, but once I stepped in the clinic, I felt better, these people seems to know what I feel ... The checked my pain threshold, then did injections; always asking whether I am okay, giving me break when asked.
I wanted you to go with me through my hair transplant journey. These are my pictures before and right after the operation.

DSC03669.JPG
DSC03671.JPG
DSC03681.JPG
DSC03692.JPG
DSC03705.JPG
IMG-20201024-WA0012.jpg

T

tim

forgot to mention that I had swelling, I am happy it passed in 4 days, could hardly keep my eyes open.

swelling.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Tim. It’s good to hear your friend had a good result and you had a positive experience with your surgery. Those 3000 grafts should make a very nice change to your appearance. The swelling can be bad but you seem to be over the worst of it now.

Thanks for sharing your journey. I’ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You are healing well Tim. Only a little bit of redness too.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
Never heard of it but it must work judging by your pictures.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks to have healed well, just a hint of redness. How's the donor looking?

T

tim

Everything looks to have healed well, just a hint of redness. How's the donor looking?
Hi,

It has been almost 2 months. The donor is looking great.
I expected itching, numbness, but now. All good. Will make a few new pics to share.

donor.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The donor looks to have recovered well and it`s good to hear no numbness and itching.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim. 2.5 months is very early. Most people have no growth or very little at this stage. I can see growth on you though. Your hairline has begun to take shape with some thin density behind. Stay patient, the growth will happen.

T

tim

Hi folks,
This is my 3-3.5 months result. I feel better now, definitely more optimistic.

4 months2.jpeg

4 months1.jpeg

4 months 4.jpeg

4 months 3.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tim. You’ve had quite a bit more growth from the last update. It’s looking very good for 4 month.
Has anyone commented now you’ve got a lot more hair?