• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

hair transplant diary

B

brian boru

Valued member
Hi,

I posted a comment last week which hasn't appeared.

Could you let me know if there's a reason for this.

Thanks,

Brian

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
No reason why your post should not have been posted unless there was a server problem and it timed out,therefor losing the post.

Your above post is ok so this is the only reason i can think of.

If you need any assistance you can pm or email me.

Cheers bm.

B

brian boru

Valued member
I had a transplant a year ago exactly, at the Farjo Clinic in Manchester. And I've had a great result.

But during the process I began to rewind on how diffcult it had been to find a reputable clinic and a surgeon I could trust with my future hair.

I realised that it had been a nightmare, trying to separate the genuine from the phoneys, the trustworthy from the opportunists.

And I realised that embarking upon hair transplant surgery is one of the scariest processes a man will ever go through.

So as a journalist, I decided to write a book based on my entire hair experience.

Now, Diary of a Hair Transplant takes readers on a journey of what it's like to have new hair - or rather old hair moved around on your head, like Pickford's but with follicles.

It explains the entire process, from first arriving at the hair clinic to the technique used by the surgeon. And during the journey the book flashes back in time to reveal the intimate detail of my hair life, coming to terms with the very idea of baldness.

The book features the many hair solutions I've tried, the futile attempts to cause hair to sprout and my research into baldness through the ages, including a wry understanding of how those with hair love to mock those less well coverered.

And I reveal the reaction I had when it was discovered I'd had a transplant.

'Where does the hair come from? Is it your leg?'

'Will it grow?'

'Can it still fall out?'

'How much does it cost?'

'Don't you think it's really vain to have a hair transplant?'

'Aren't you afraid you'll end up like Elton? Will it really work.'

Diary of a Hair Tranplant €“ A Journalist's Search For David Cassidy Hair.

www,diaryofahairtransplant.com

Attachments

• Me and the book.jpg
    Me and the book.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 741
Peachy

Peachy

Hi Brian, thanks for the post, although your URL didn't work even when I exchanged the comma after www with a full stop. Any ideas?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Brian

While i`m sure your book will be an interesting read,it would be great to see you post your HT pictures and story on here.

Thanks bm.

Lucky

Lucky

Bollocks
Why buy a book when you can read it for free on the internet?

cough..

2007-08-02Spam.jpg

Last edited:
Peachy

Peachy

No need to read about it on the Internet, Brian was chatting about his book on Radio 4 today! Well I never. :)

B

brian boru

Valued member
Well, you can't actually read it on the internet - just an excerpt.

And the joy of having an actual book is to be able to absorb all the detail, empathise with the entire hair experience and hopefully laugh at the obsessed author.

Then you can always pass it on to your pal who's thinning - or use it to prop up that broken coffee table leg.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Brian,

Great to see that you had a good HT experience. I agree, it would be nice to see the results.

NN

PS. I am not really sure of what to think of you Brian---My wife always gave me shit--"with the amount of time you spend on those stupid hair forums you could have written a book" Now someone had to do it.>C>::

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

di ·a ·ry (d-r)
n. pl. di ·a ·ries
1. A daily record, especially a personal record of events, experiences, and observations; a journal.
2. A book for use in keeping a personal record, as of experiences.

So, you came to "hairlossEXPERIENCES.com", where people come w/the sole intent of FREELY sharing their personal experiences of hair loss and ht's to SELL your book which does the same but is merely the experience of one man (?)...'''ss''

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you aren`t going to share your experience with the forum community.

the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
I have actually started plans for a guide to HT's book.

I think it will be along the lines of HT's for Dummies =)

I am actually serious about this---I think it is time to put something out there that is actually truthful and helpful.

Cheers!
Jason

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
It's hard to make a comment on a book you haven't read, however, if it helps someone to research HT €™s, to increase their base knowledge of the subject, to choose a reputable clinic, and to understand the emotional roller coaster involved etc I €™m sure it would be a worthy resource to a "newbie".

Last edited:
the B spot

the B spot

Pick your Poison!
*nl

What did I do???????????

I wanted to help people, that's all.

~LV

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Just joking Jason, you know we love you.

I know you're capable of writing an unbiased, helpful book if you set your mind to it.