• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplant with Dr Mark Tam - 09/02/2021

LC93

LC93

Hi All,

I've recently had my hair transplant with Dr Mark Tam, and I thought I would share my experience.

I have had a receding hairline since the age of 21 (I’m now 27), so getting a transplant has been something I’ve wanted to do for a while.

I have been researching hair transplants for some years now and have had researched extensively all the different clinics.

I already had a consultation with Dr Tam in 2019 in which I went away feeling positive about him and the procedure. However, to continue researching, I booked in other consultations with other clinics to get a feel of what they offered too. After these consultations Dr Tam was the doctor I felt the most positive about as he made me feel the most at ease. He came across as charismatic and totally dedicated to ensuring the best results for his clients.

At the end of 2020 I decided to take the plunge and get in contact with Dr Tam again about getting the transplant done.

I had another consultation with Dr Tam in which he carefully explained the procedure and what I can expect on the day. He answered any questions I had as well as reassuring me about any concerns that I had.

After the consultation, I went away feeling a lot more knowledgeable about the FUE procedure and felt extremely relaxed about the procedure day.

Leading up to the procedure Dr Tam stayed in communication with me to provide more information about the procedure and also answer any other questions I had. Even before the procedure day, Dr Tam’s client care was excellent.

Dr Tam sent me links to his YouTube channel where I would watch the videos to educate my further on the transplant and what do post op. It was also helpful to see other transplants that Dr Tam and his team had done to see his work and provide some realistic expectations.

Day of the procedure

On Tuesday 9th February 2021 the big day had arrived. I was excited, but I was not as nervous as I thought I would be. I put this down to Dr Tam’s pre-transplant communication that gave me the confidence that I was getting it done by an expert who has his client’s interests at heart.

I arrived just before 8am where I was greeted by a friendly and calm Dr Tam who took me up to the surgery room.

I sat down in the waiting room where Dr Tam made me a coffee. We talked for a while and he showed a genuine interest in learning a bit more about myself. I was impressed by his knowledge already and that he remembered a lot about myself from what I mentioned previously in the consultation.

We then moved to his office where we took some pictures of my hairline prior to the transplant and designed my hairline. We discussed plenty of hair styles that I wanted to achieve. Dr Tam offered advice in what would look best for me and what hairline would help achieve those hairstyles.

After this, Dr Tam then went through the procedure again and carefully talked through the contract with me.

I then met some of the team who were preparing themselves and the surgery room. They seemed friendly and immediately engaged me in conversation.

After my hair was cut (just the back and sides), medications and injections were then administered to numb the site. You can feel the initial injections, but it is not that painful, and you quickly get used to them.

We then moved onto the extraction part of the procedure. This is relatively pain free, but you will have to face down for a period.

Then Dr Tam did the incisions at the frontal site. Extreme care was taken by Dr Tam with the incisions because the placements of grafts will be determined by these incisions.

Lunch was soon upon us and Dr Tam ordered us some food. I already had some breakfast that Dr Tam ordered, so I was feeling very much looked after at this point.

After lunch the grafts were placed in the recipient sites by two members of his team who seemed very knowledgeable and professional.
I was sat up watching films at this point, so I felt relaxed and would say this part was enjoyable.

Dr Tam kept a close eye on the placement of the grafts and spent some time going through the placement of the grafts with me. I was really impressed with the detail Dr Tam went into explaining the placements and what I should do to protect them.

After the op, the care was exceptional from Tam and his team. They made sure I was feeling well, explained what I needed to do to look after my hair, and they called the taxi to collect me.

Dr Tam’s aftercare has been as expected - total professionalism. He has contacted me ensuring that I have been following the instructions to care for my hair and has been on hand to offer any advice. I definitely feel I made the right choice in going with Dr Tam and his team.

If you are looking to get a hair transplant with someone who is a total professional, passionate about hair transplantation, and has their client’s interests at heart - Dr Tam is your man.

thumbnail_image1.jpg
thumbnail_image0.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 211
S

SheddinStevens

That'll look fantastic man. I'm jealous that you needed such small area done!

How many grafts did you get?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum LC93.
Everything sounds like you’ve had a great experience with Dr Tam and his team which is good to hear.
More and more of his patients are sharing their journey which will help others who are researching.
The placement of the grafts looks very good, nice clean work. This will restore your hairline to its former glory. It’s good you were able to wait until late twenties before proceeding.
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?

LC93

LC93

Welcome to the forum LC93.
Everything sounds like you’ve had a great experience with Dr Tam and his team which is good to hear.
More and more of his patients are sharing their journey which will help others who are researching.
The placement of the grafts looks very good, nice clean work. This will restore your hairline to its former glory. It’s good you were able to wait until late twenties before proceeding.
Are you on any hair loss prevention regimen?
Thankyou for the warm welcome.

I have been on Finasteride and Minoxidil for 3 years now. I have kept the density of my hair and even seen it improve in places.

I'm excited to see what it looks like when the hairline grows back properly.

M

MrGaga15

This looks great. I am seriously considering Dr Tam later this year after I've saved abit more.

May I ask how many grafts?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That’s good to hear you’ve seen improvement as well as maintaining with the meds. I think you’ll be very happy once this has grown out.
The density of the placement looks good. Do you know your graft count?

LC93

LC93

1s- 502
2s- 1015
3s- 595
Total Graft Count: 2112
Total Hair Count: 4317

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the hair/graft count. I think you`ll have great density once grown out.

B

Baldnomoore

Hi looking good,
Have you got any pictures before you had surgery.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`d receded quite a bit in the temple corners. Once these grafts grow, your hairline will look great.

B

Baldnomoore

I agree Bigmac with your thoughts.
With a lowish and straight hairline though , what happens if the hair gets thinner behind?
That would be my only concern here.