• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hair Transplantation Operation in Istanbul - Turkey Hair Academy

G

gerald_son

Hello everyone. I hope that both you and your family are safe and sound in these times of coronavirus. My name's Alex and I'm 34 years old. I’ve been following this forum for almost a year now and had some doubts regarding hair transplantation. Almost 7 months ago, with the support of my fiance I finally decided to go through an operation.

I checked a couple of clinics here in the US initially (as I currently reside here) then heard from a close friend of mine who had gone through the hair transplant operation abroad in Istanbul, Turkey. The clinic’s name is Turkey Hair Academy. Their price is way more reasonable and the experience of the surgeon was pretty excellent compared to the ones here. I have never been to Istanbul before so that was another question mark for me but after some research and endorsements from friends and family members I decided to take the trip. Boy was I glad! Not only I did get pretty good results but I was also able to have a whole week of vacation in the beautiful city checking ancient historical buildings and locations like the Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, and Grand Bazaar (this was especially a favorite as I adore historical trade centers).

Anyways, back to our topic. I contacted them through their consultant that assisted my friend. He explained the whole procedure basically and asked for my photos for an analysis by the doctor. They provided private transportation service from and to the airport via luxury vehicles (they were quite comfortable tbh),2 nights and 3 days of accommodation at a 5 star hotel with breakfast, personal translator for the operation procedure, blood analysis for vitals including a test for COVID-19, medication for and after the operation (antibiotics, painkillers and related), PRP, certificate of the operation endorsed by the JCI accredited international clinic, and hair treatment medication covering a full month after the operation.

I was satisfied with what they offered and booked my tickets to Istanbul for almost a week. Then I arrived at the clinic on 03/21/2020. The first day the doctor and his team made their medical examinations, blood tests and had a lengthy consultation process where we discussed how I wanted to shape my hair through the surgery. The doctor stated that my Norwood scale was 3 to 4 and I required approximately 3400 grafts. We decided to use the FUE technique with a sapphire blade. These were my first photos taken when I arrived at the clinic:

DSC_1989.jpg

DSC_1994.jpg

DSC_1997.jpg

DSC_1999.jpg

DSC_2000.jpg

DSC_2001.jpg

The operation took place the other day. They used needless anesthesia devices and used a total of 3460 hair grafts. The only discomfort I felt was initially during the anesthesia but that passed after a fairly short time. The extraction and insertion phases were a breeze as I watched two movies (Saving Private Ryan and Batman: Dark Knight) from where I lay from time to time much like an airplane travel :)

DSC_2010.jpg

DSC_2020.jpg

DSC_2022.jpg

After the operation I came the other day for a check and they gave me additional medication (antibiotics, pain relieving ointments and pills). Then, the doc instructed me on how to use them and what to be careful about in the upcoming months. Finally, the process was over and my mini vacation began as I mentioned above. Here are my results after 3 months:

IMG-20200626-WA0037.jpg

IMG-20200626-WA0040.jpg

IMG-20200626-WA0039.jpg

IMG-20200626-WA0038.jpg

PS. This is the first time I wrote in a forum like this, so apologies in advance if it’s a little long. I hope you guys with more experience than me here can comment on how my new hair is looking. I will upload the results here every month and hope it can give a good review for you guys that seek a quality and trustworthy clinic.

Have a good one and be safe!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Those 3400 grafts are tightly packed. What density did they plant at?
Your new hairline is taking shape with the new growth and your donor looks in good condition.
Thanks for sharing your story. I`ll look forward to following your progress.

G

gerald_son

Hey Bigmac! Thank you for your kind comments.

From what I remember the density was 50-60 grafts per cm2. I will ask this later on again when contacting my doctor.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is a decent density for the hairline.

G

gerald_son

Glad to hear that. The doctor advised the graft number and density. He stated that ~ 3500 would be enough. I don't think he was after earning more as he didn't suggest the manual method or extra grafts even though it was within my budget range.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to ask, are you using any hair loss medications?

G

gerald_son

The doctor suggested me Xpecia hair vitamin along with Finasterid 1 MG tablets. I will continue until they finish then consult with him again regarding my hair.