• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Harley street Birmingham

E

Ed-4

Hi new to the group
Sorry if this has been asked before I have searched but didn’t find much.
I have been looking at Harley street hair clinic in Birmingham. Anyone had any experience there.

8ADED1DB-0111-4D2A-9239-EBFDC7A25040.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That is Dr Hasson from Hasson and Wong on that image. I doubt they have permission to use it.
They have false testimonials on their website, the accompanying images are from other clinics.
The crown result has hair fibres in the after picture.
The doctors who work there have their own clinics I believe. Seach their names.

9BED7697-7AA4-4A3D-BE2C-86721E8D3002.jpeg
D9C6649A-7D75-40D1-B3AE-EEC392399C46.jpeg

E

Ed-4

They seem to have good reviews on trust pilot and haven’t found and bad press yet. I had been looking at turkey but this place seem very competitive and I won’t have to leave the country. I’m based in the midlands too so very close for me.

E

Ed-4

I’ve been in contact so have asked for the name of the doctor, but was told Previously they are full time in house surgeons there

E

Ed-4

That is Dr Hasson from Hasson and Wong on that image. I doubt they have permission to use it.
They have false testimonials on their website, the accompanying images are from other clinics.
The crown result has hair fibres in the after picture.
The doctors who work there have their own clinics I believe. Seach their names.

View attachment 14511View attachment 14512

they say it’s dr Rafiq who will do the procedure. Him and one other Of there Dr’s work for ’hair growth centre’ HGC

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone can leave a review on trust pilot. They don`t verify any accounts. You could go on there now and leave a positive 5 star review.
HGC is not a clinic, they are a middleman. It is up to you who you go to. My advice is to have a few consultations, don`t rush into anything, don`t let a cheap price be the deciding factor.
Ask yourself, how can they offer something so cheap in the UK when it`s not cheap to provide the surgery with all the CQC regulations on equipment and protocols.
What is your hair loss situation?
Can you post some pictures?

E

Ed-4

Anyone can leave a review on trust pilot. They don`t verify any accounts. You could go on there now and leave a positive 5 star review.
HGC is not a clinic, they are a middleman. It is up to you who you go to. My advice is to have a few consultations, don`t rush into anything, don`t let a cheap price be the deciding factor.
Ask yourself, how can they offer something so cheap in the UK when it`s not cheap to provide the surgery with all the CQC regulations on equipment and protocols.
What is your hair loss situation?
Can you post some pictures?
I had a consultation few years ago and now this one and probably wrongly assumed that as it was in the UK it would be safe. It seems Dr Rafiq works for a few different places after a quick google. Is this good or bad?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s not for me to say if it`s good or bad. He does seem to work for whoever will hire him. If you experience any issues, who is responsible?
Clinics in every country have doctors of varying skill levels, some good, some average, and some not so good.
A hair transplant is a life changing op, if it goes wrong, it can devastate you.
If you book a cheap holiday break, you can`t compare it to a 5 star experience.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How many grafts have you been quoted?
Are you using any hair loss medications? Your hair loss pattern looks as though it will progress further.

E

Ed-4

It`s not for me to say if it`s good or bad. He does seem to work for whoever will hire him. If you experience any issues, who is responsible?
Clinics in every country have doctors of varying skill levels, some good, some average, and some not so good.
A hair transplant is a life changing op, if it goes wrong, it can devastate you.
If you book a cheap holiday break, you can`t compare it to a 5 star experience.

have you heard of anyone using this place before? I looked at turkey but I think the risk is greater there.
they quoted minimum 3000grafts but said it was unlimited and would do as many possible in the 7hour time frame. The price was £3000 at the moment as I guess they have been hit by the lockdown. I saw a discount advertisement so that took it down to £2600
Yes I imagine my hair will Carry on deteriorating. I used regain for around a year but it said to stop using if no results were seen so I stopped

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Search Kevin Quest using the search facility on here.
Those prices are crazy cheap. I know how much surgical equipment, room rates, approx staff wages etc cost. Ask yourself, how is it this cheap? The UK does not have the same lower living cost as Turkey.
There are plenty of decent clinics in turkey. You just need to wade through it all. Check out the clinics on here from Turkey, ask their real patients questions.

E

Ed-4

Search Kevin Quest using the search facility on here.
Those prices are crazy cheap. I know how much surgical equipment, room rates, approx staff wages etc cost. Ask yourself, how is it this cheap? The UK does not have the same lower living cost as Turkey.
There are plenty of decent clinics in turkey. You just need to wade through it all. Check out the clinics on here from Turkey, ask their real patients questions.
I found that thread but couldn’t see the connection with Harley street and British hair clinic.
No meds at the moment as I tried the rogain for around a year and didn’t seem any new froth so stopped using it.
will search through this forum for turkey as only just found it tonight.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
He was booked by Harley Street Healthcare.
Finasteride is your best option although you need to read up on the possible side effects that a small percentage of people experience.
If you get an HT without meds you may continue to lose hair, thus needing another HT and possibly another until your donor runs out.
You could be left with an unnatural look.
Check out this post which shows how your hair loss can progress. Hair loss progression.

E

Ed-4

He was booked by Harley Street Healthcare.
Finasteride is your best option although you need to read up on the possible side effects that a small percentage of people experience.
If you get an HT without meds you may continue to lose hair, thus needing another HT and possibly another until your donor runs out.
You could be left with an unnatural look.
Check out this post which shows how your hair loss can progress. Hair loss progression.
Thanks I will research that medicine 1st. And will get some more consultations. Hair of Istanbul quoted me £4000 so was surprised at how cheap Harley street were.
thanks for your replies

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There is a member on here who is happy with Hair of Istanbul, however, they performed unnecessary surgery on a young boy band named Road Crew for the publicity and the hairline design looked terrible.
Seach them on here.