• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Hattingen Hair 4901 grafts FUT in two days, 18-19 November 2021

J

Jertaq91

Valued member
I would also like to share my experience with Hattingen Hair and my hair transplantation, after being a silent reader of this forum.
Briefly about me: 30 years, hereditary hair loss since my early 20s, blond hair with a slight red tinge.
Contact with Hattingen Hair and Dr. Muresanu was already established in December 2020. In the meantime, all questions on my part were clarified, until it finally came on 18-19.11.2021 to the surgery appointment on site in Stetten in Switzerland.
Since the procedure is almost similar to that of other users, I will summarize it briefly.

Day 1, 18. November 2021
After a short greeting, the hairline was discussed and drawn together. It was deliberately decided to use a conservative hairline, which I also agreed to. After anesthesia of the donor area, the first strip of skin was removed. This was followed by anesthesia of the recipient area and the insertion of approximately 2100 grafts, in the temporal and anterior areas, on the first day. I spent the night in a nice hotel in Singen.
Day 2, 19. November 2021
After another anesthesia of the donor area, more grafts were taken. On day 2, about 2800 grafts were inserted, now in the middle and tonsure area.
The team from Hattingen Hair was a very well coordinated, friendly team on both days. Many thanks again, also to Dr. Laura Muresanu, at this point.
In the end, it became a few more grafts than were previously planned and paid for. However, together with Dr. Muresanu I came to a satisfactory solution. Even after the surgery, there were already several Skype calls and correspondence on questions and to compare the current hair status, which I would like to emphasize.
I attach photos from before/after the surgery.

beforesurgery1.jpg
beforesurgery2.jpg
beforesurgery3.jpg
beforesurgery4.jpg
beforesurgery5.jpg
aftersurgery1.PNG
aftersurgery2.PNG
aftersurgery3.PNG
aftersurgery4.PNG
aftersurgery5.jpg
aftersurgery6.jpg
aftersurgery7.PNG

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
I bet this looks amazing when it is all grown out. Did they sew the strip with stitches or staples?

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
How sore do they feel and do you sleep on them ok?

J

Jertaq91

Valued member
From the fifth day post-op, I was allowed to sleep on my side again, which proved to be very uncomfortable until the staples were removed on day 11. After that, sleeping was better.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Jertaq91 and thanks for sharing your story. I like the more mature hairline design you’ve gone for considering your hair loss pattern. I think this is very good planning from the doctors. Those 4901 should make a great difference to your appearance. I know Dr Sever and Dr Laura very well, I always like their approach and surgery results. It’s good to hear your experience was excellent.
As you’re past the 11 day mark and had the staples out you may still get some tender spots along the closure line but as you’ll be experiencing, your sleep is much better now.
Have most of the transplanted grafts shed?’
Im looking forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

J

Jertaq91

Valued member
Thank you for the comment. The more mature hairline I also like.This one is also the better decision in the long run.. I guess all but a few of the hairs have fallen out. Meanwhile, yes already 1.5 months have passed. I will soon like to give an update with photos again.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
From the fifth day post-op, I was allowed to sleep on my side again, which proved to be very uncomfortable until the staples were removed on day 11. After that, sleeping was better.

Do you take pain killers until they get removed?

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Jertaq91!
Great to read and see your pics from your procedure with Hattigen Hair. Looking forward to following your progress.
Best wishes!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Just shy of 5000 grafts…..this will make a superb change for you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jertaq91, how is everything looking right now?