• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Help needed....

P

Paninari

OK folks I think I'm drowning in all the info around and need some help/direction...it seems no matter who you research there is always a few negative reviews which gives me a wobbile.

For me I just want the best clinic/Dr to perform my op, this I know doesn't always translate into the most expensive but I haven't set a budget as I am happy to pay for the best results.

Ideally I'd like to have my procedure done by the Dr himself or at least have him oversee things can anyone recommend a clinic anywhere ? Any help here or at least a push in a direction to get me over the line would be great!

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
All clinics will have results that did not match expectations but there are lots that have proven track records of consistently good results and aftercare. I went to Dr Ron Shapiro of Shapiro Medical Group who did an amazing job. I`ll be forever grateful.
What clinics have you narrowed it down to? How much hair have you lost? Are you wanting Fue or Strip?
Are you willing to travel across the globe for the right doctor?

P

Paninari

Hi thanks for your reply, I have seen accelerated hair loss (41) in the last year....I still have a decent amount of hair but want to act sooner rather than later as I do notice my hairline and top area getting thinner.

I am willing to travel anywhere and have spoken to clinics in UK, Turkey and Belgium currently, but is so hard to tell what ones will deliver the best result.

I would prefer to go down the FUE route....

A

Admin

Are you using hair loss medications to prevent any further loss?

bullitnut

bullitnut

Hair loss meds will help you, did the clinics you consulted with mention them? I think all the clinics in Belgium that post on this forum produce very good results consistently, any one of them would be a good choice. Dr Bicer in Turkey does all the work if you want to save money. The UK has plenty of clinics on here to look at.
What clinics did you consult with?

P

Paninari

Hi folks the most recent clinics (after further research) I've send consultation requests to are Asked, World Hair Transplant Centre, BHR clinic and Maitland Clinic.

bullitnut

bullitnut

It is your choice if you use any meds.... Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven to work. They do have risks that you can speak to the clinics or your GP about. Most people are ok with them.
How many grafts did the clinics say you needed?

P

Paninari

It is your choice if you use any meds.... Finasteride and Minoxidil are proven to work. They do have risks that you can speak to the clinics or your GP about. Most people are ok with them.
How many grafts did the clinics say you needed?
It's been estimated between 2500/3000

P

Paninari

Most mention the 2 you have mentioned for pre and post treatment but I'm going to do my own research into them. Do you recommend?

bullitnut

bullitnut

I don`t recommend anything. It is up to you if you use it. No other products are clinically proven to work. I`m glad I use it and believe it has helped me.

P

Paninari

In terms of clinics surgeons are there any other places I shod Def be looking to speak to?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I have just booked my Ht with the Hair Dr in Leeds. I’ve been researching HT’s for well over 5 years and have only just bit the bullet. I know how you feel as it is a mind field out there aswell a lot of money to get it done you don’t want it to go wrong. Look on here at previous patients results. This helped me with the decision.

P

Paninari

I have just booked my Ht with the Hair Dr in Leeds. I’ve been researching HT’s for well over 5 years and have only just bit the bullet. I know how you feel as it is a mind field out there aswell a lot of money to get it done you don’t want it to go wrong. Look on here at previous patients results. This helped me with the decision.
Hi there thanks for your info...what made you decide Hair Leeds over alternatives in abroad?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
There were quite a few things really.

I play in a band as my job and with the current covid issues and no gigs now was the time to have it done. From all my research over the years and cost etc my 2 options I’d narrowed it down to were Dr De Reys Belgium and Hair Dr Leeds. I know hair Dr is more expensive but it would be less messing around with flights and plus they can do 4000 graphs where Dr De Reys only does 3000 and I just want to have one HT and be done with it. Also if there is issues I just drive 3 hours up the road to get it sorted. Another thing that made me go with Hair Dr is they have been great with communication ever since I’ve been in touch with them even reply over whatsapp when I fire questions their way.

P

Paninari

There were quite a few things really.

I play in a band as my job and with the current covid issues and no gigs now was the time to have it done. From all my research over the years and cost etc my 2 options I’d narrowed it down to were Dr De Reys Belgium and Hair Dr Leeds. I know hair Dr is more expensive but it would be less messing around with flights and plus they can do 4000 graphs where Dr De Reys only does 3000 and I just want to have one HT and be done with it. Also if there is issues I just drive 3 hours up the road to get it sorted. Another thing that made me go with Hair Dr is they have been great with communication ever since I’ve been in touch with them even reply over whatsapp when I fire questions their way.
how many procedures do they do in a day....I'm inclined to choose somewhere that does maybe 1/2 ideally have the Dr perform the extractions and implants

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
how many procedures do they do in a day....I'm inclined to choose somewhere that does maybe 1/2 ideally have the Dr perform the extractions and implants
Only one procedure per day