• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How bad is my hair loss

B

Big Daddy D

So I’m wondering where I stand on the Norwood scale. Do you guys think I’m at a 1-1.5 or higher? I need another persons opinion because I’m usually too critical of myself. Thanks so much.
0B19B93A-982A-437C-85B9-53CF80809E07.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It looks as though you have no hair loss.

Shera

Shera

You are not even on the Norwood Scale yet.
You have hair some would die for.
You should be out there making things happen for you rather than wasting time on hair forums, now kindly move along........................

B

Big Daddy D

I’m 24 now. Sorry guys. Once you get something in your head and turn it over for a while you start to only see the worst case scenario. Thanks for taking the time to reply to this it’s made me feel a lot better

B

Big Daddy D

Also would anyone recommend starting finasteride as a preventative measure? Or are the risks not worth it

J

Jackie Brown

I wouldn´t keep pulling your hair back like you do, that can cause hair loss for sure. You still have a good head of hair so if you are worried it´s a good idea to look at minoxidil or finasteride and keep what you have. Check if you want to use fin at your age, but any side effects stop I think if you stop using it.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
It's not the best pic to accurately judge but there doesn't appear to be an issue. Front and side shots would help, also a pic without the 'man bun' so we can see your crown.

B

Big Daddy D

It's not the best pic to accurately judge but there doesn't appear to be an issue. Front and side shots would help, also a pic without the 'man bun' so we can see your crown.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 3,420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,223
B

Big Daddy D

I’m not worried at all about my crown, and that’s me from the side

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Looks like a healthy full head of hair. Absolutely no need to be considering meds at this point.

B

Big Daddy D

Looks like a healthy full head of hair. Absolutely no need to be considering meds at this point.
Thanks again. Like I said when you get something in your head it gets really easy to go down the rabbit hole with it. I’ve always kind of been known for my hair. A couple months ago my friends told me it was looking thinner. Later they said they were only joking. But that shit can really get in your head.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Looks superb dude... zero hair loss there. If your concerned then keep an eye on things. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't take Finasteride at the minute as you have zero loss. Maybe id contemplate taking a healthy hair supplement to keep what you have in good condition like it is, but unless you notice any loss then Finasteride is pointless imo. I agree though I'd refrain from trying your hair up too tight as that can cause hairloss over time.

I know people like justin bieber have openly stated they take finasteride to keep their hair but why take meds that aren't necessary?

First sign of loss then you could re consider and take meds so it's no issue at minute pal

B

Big Daddy D

Looks superb dude... zero hair loss there. If your concerned then keep an eye on things. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't take Finasteride at the minute as you have zero loss. Maybe id contemplate taking a healthy hair supplement to keep what you have in good condition like it is, but unless you notice any loss then Finasteride is pointless imo. I agree though I'd refrain from trying your hair up too tight as that can cause hairloss over time.

I know people like justin bieber have openly stated they take finasteride to keep their hair but why take meds that aren't necessary?

First sign of loss then you could re consider and take meds so it's no issue at minute pal
Man I really appreciate it. I’ve said it before but I’ve got a friend who’s honestly like a juvenile hairline. And he made this comment like “yeah dude the man bun doesn’t look that bad because you’ve only got mild hair loss”. Honestly it’s gotten in my head really badly. It’s almost like a paranoia/sickness thing. I know I need to stop obsessing about it but once you get it in your head it’s just like pushing a boulder uphill. Your comments really help. I don’t know why it’s affected me so much but I spend so much time checking my hairline that it’s turning into a problem. Logically when I look at myself I realize they’res probably not a problem, but it’s kind of like how someone with anorexia keeps thinking they’re fat even when they’re underweight. Thanks again.

B

Big Daddy D

I know some of you think I’m probably doing this for attention but that’s the furthest thing from the truth. I’m just so worried about losing it that it’s almost all consuming. Thank you all again for taking the time out of your day to reassure me. It means the world to me.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hey dude I get the obsession pal I felt like that too as did others when their hair fell out. I know hes your mate and everything but my guess is he knows how much your hair means to you and hes said it to get a reaction or to wind you up as it looks great to me and I've seen way too many balding heads lol.

B

Big Daddy D

Just for curiosities sake, would you say it’s at a Norwood 0 right now? Or a Norwood 1. I don’t think it’s a juvenile hairline for sure. I’m just trying to keep track so I can catch it if it does start to go. I’m probably going to purchase minoxidil and just start to apply it to the temple/frontal area to prevent loss. Thank you again dude

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Just for curiosities sake, would you say it’s at a Norwood 0 right now? Or a Norwood 1. I don’t think it’s a juvenile hairline for sure. I’m just trying to keep track so I can catch it if it does start to go. I’m probably going to purchase minoxidil and just start to apply it to the temple/frontal area to prevent loss. Thank you again dude

It's hard to say without knowing your starting point. Do you feel it's changed from when you were say, eighteen? The side-on pic doesn't suggest any sign of receding at all.

B

Big Daddy D

It's hard to say without knowing your starting point. Do you feel it's changed from when you were say, eighteen? The side-on pic doesn't suggest any sign of receding at all.
Honestly man I can’t remember: any photos of me at that time have me wearing bangs (I still had Justin Bieber hair) but to my knowledge I don’t think it’s any different