• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How bad is my hair loss

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Honestly man I can’t remember: any photos of me at that time have me wearing bangs (I still had Justin Bieber hair) but to my knowledge I don’t think it’s any different

Then I doubt you've anything to worry about. You've probably got a naturally higher hairline than your friend, and he's assumed this must mean you're losing your hair, when of course it doesn't mean that at all.

As you don't think it's changed over the last few years, there's absolutely no need to consider minoxidil. Just move on and enjoy your hair.:)

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Try not to wear your hair pulled back tightly or you can suffer traction alopecia. Just a thought from seeing the photos. Take care.

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Try not to wear your hair pulled back tightly or you can suffer traction alopecia. Just a thought from seeing the photos. Take care.

Didn't know this affected men too, i wrongly assumed it was a female only condition. You currently have a very enviable head of hair Big Daddy i hope you keep it that way:).

B

Big Daddy D

Guys you’ll never know how much your words have meant. Thank you all. I realize if I did lose it it definitely wouldn’t be the end of the world, but I love my long hair and feel that a lot of my identity is tied up (pardon the pun) in my ‘do. All of you are so kind and supportive and I’m so glad I’ve joined this forum just because I’ve got to interact with you all.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Yes traction alopecia is gender blind. Glad you found help in the forum, and you are right, hair gives identity as you say. It's far deeper than physical only.

B

Big Daddy D

Guys I just have one more question and then I promise I’ll stop bugging all of you: and his is a r ally strange period in my life. I used to be very self assured and didn’t worry about what anyone else thought. But I’m getting married in about a month and I love this girl more than life itself. I can’t express how much she means to me. And stuff like my appearance and the what she thinks of me means so much to me. She’s told me before that if I lost my hair it wouldn’t matter at all regarding her feelings for me. And I believe her. But I don’t wany her to look at me and think “well his personality makes up for it. “ I want her to think I’m sexy. How do I get out of this head space? Any advice?

B

Big Daddy D

Sorry for all the misspelling my auto correct sucks. Thanks again

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
Guys I just have one more question and then I promise I’ll stop bugging all of you: and his is a r ally strange period in my life. I used to be very self assured and didn’t worry about what anyone else thought. But I’m getting married in about a month and I love this girl more than life itself. I can’t express how much she means to me. And stuff like my appearance and the what she thinks of me means so much to me. She’s told me before that if I lost my hair it wouldn’t matter at all regarding her feelings for me. And I believe her. But I don’t wany her to look at me and think “well his personality makes up for it. “ I want her to think I’m sexy. How do I get out of this head space? Any advice?

Don't worry, you're not bugging us! Ask as much as you want. That's what the forum's for. Not sure what to tell you, other than to bare in mind that 1): you probably aren't even losing hair at this point, and 2): if you do start to thin/recede in the coming years there are options available to combat it. You also may find that after a few years of marriage and perhaps kids, you won't have time to worry about your barnet;)