• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How long after a transplant must someone wait before swimming and using a sauna/steam room?

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
I am hoping to restore my hair at some point this year, i am undecided yet whether to have Scalp pigmentation, a transplant or a combination of both. I am a big swimming fan and go to the pool several times a week, how long after a transplant would it be ok to resume swimming on a regular basis? I currently swim 4 times a week and enjoy using the sauna afterwards.

TIA

J

Jackie Brown

Check with the clinics you are talking to is probably the best idea, you should follow the instructions they give you for healing and care etc. Common sense probably says a few weeks after to be on the safe side. After all you don´t want to harm what you´ve had done.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I'd sat at least two weeks is good but as Jackie says, check with the clinic who does your transplant.

Shera

Shera

Hey Baldbadger, why don't you share your scalp pics from multiple angles so we can give you an accurate assessment of what your hair restoration requirements should be.

As for swimming, 3 weeks if you go FUE, maybe a couple of weeks longer if you go FUT.

Last edited: