• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

How long after Hair Transplant Surgery will I be able to go out in public?

Y

Yetzin12

How long after an FUE or a FUT hair transplant surgery can I go out in public without anyone noticing I had surgery?
I`m nearly ready to book up for surgery but trying to establish how long I will need to be holed up for.

S

sachin771

After FUE surgery, do your best to avoid exposing your head direct to sunlight for 2-3 days. So you can take rest for a few days at home or cover your head with a cap while going outside. To get your natural look back completely you have to wait for 4-6 months.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
After you're recipient area has healed and the crusts are all off (around two weeks) you are ok to put a hat on and no one will be any the wiser. I tried to arrange my transplants for winter time so after I'd healed I just threw a beanie hat on and no one thought anything of it as half the people you'd see were wearing them as well.

Of course if your job doesn't allow you to wear a hat then it's a bit more awkward. Assuming you will be fully shaved down for the procedure, even after a couple of weeks you're likely to still see some redness. I'd suggest cutting your hair really short for a while before your surgery so people get used to seeing you like this so it won't be unusual to them when they see you post op.

T

The Last Modernist

Valued member
How long after an FUE or a FUT hair transplant surgery can I go out in public without anyone noticing I had surgery?
I`m nearly ready to book up for surgery but trying to establish how long I will need to be holed up for.

After 2 weeks the scabbing should all be off but there will probably be redness. I successfully hid this with a small amount of hair fibres applied using the spray on applicator.

J

JessicaMaan

After FUE or FUT hair transplant surgery the donor area recovery within 24 hours. If you feel comfortable with treatment, you go can out with the public in 2-3 days.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Did you decide which surgery you`re having?

V

Viking

The biggest worry for me getting a transplant would be my work colleagues ribbing me about it. Cutting hair short before hand for a few weeks is an excellent idea.
Yetzin12 could you take a holiday from work for a few weeks it would help?

J

Jackie Brown

You are nearly ready to book but haven´t decided on the technique yet? that´s a big issue in being ready. How much hair have you lost? that could be an big issue in how obvious it´s going to look after.

R

Radiance Cosmedic Centre

You may go out in public after 2-3 days from hair transplant surgery.

Last edited:
Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
You may go out in public after 2-3 days from hair transplant surgery.

Well, there is nothing preventing you to go out after 2-3 days, but you will 100% have people notice swelling and or crusting (which takes about 1-2 weeks to subside).