• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

HT costs, past, present, future!

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
HT Costs

Hello hello! I was thinking about the price of electrical items today and how the prices have reduced during the past two decades. I am therefore, curious to know if the costs of HT €™s have reduced also. I know it €™s a seemingly obscure comparison electrical items and HT €™s, but I imagine HT €˜s are a lot cheaper today than they were say about a decade ago, is one correct in regards to this matter? Furthermore, during the next decade would anyone imagine that HT costs will become even cheaper? As clearly from what I €™ve seen some of the lesser clinics seem to be catching up with the big boys in regards to the quality of their HT €™s very quickly. Will increased competition reduce the costs of HT €™s as the portfolio of excellent HT doctors increases? What is your perspective of this? Or am I just talking a load of shit once again? :T:

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be nice for prices to drop as doctors compete for business but their overheads will be high and may rise with the way the economy is,so imo the prices wont change much if at all.

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
In my opinion costs will rise...

Due to the internet and people becoming more informed about HT's I feel (hope) that the "bad" clinics and the "just ok" clinics will suffer... this must lead to the Top Notch surgeons being more in demand.......

Therefore up the charges will go...

Just my theory...... but what do I know :)

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Very interesting question. I would have to think that prices might actually drop do to the economy and worldwide competition. It's kind of the same thing that has happened with all other areas of business. Medical costs are the next thing. I have a patient that has no insurance and needed a hip replacement. She couldn't afford the $35,000 here in the US so she had it done in India. It cost her approx. $8,000 including the flight and a week in a posh hotel post surgery. Her surgery was successful and done by a Harvard graduate. Price should ofcourse not be the primary consideration however in the above scenario the patient really had no alternative. Who the hell can afford $35,000? The challenge for many physicians is the overhead involved in being a top notch HT clinic. Just think of the cost involved with having 10 or more staff for one surgery? They really can't afford to do the surgery for much less than they are currently charging. Like any business, if the profit is currently very high then they might be able to lower their costs and just buck up and accept making less money. Poor clinics and smaller clinics will likely disappear which will help the patients and in turn help the better clinics. There are ofcourse some lower priced Ht surgeons in Asia, but when you take into consideration the cost of the flight, accommodations and risks (countries laws, diseases, crime, etc.) is it really worth it?

NN

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
I think you are right NN. The cosmetic industry, including the ht industry, may not have much choice but to go down in prices if the economic climate continues to spiral downward. When you don't have a job, you have to think about you need more than what you want.

P

Philb

I also think this is a good question, generally across the board in respect of what is charged. You like to think that the more you pay the better the work but we, I am sure, have been in situations of paying premium price and receiving mediocre service. So, where does that leave this industry? people have to be paid, the economy may not be great but the members of staff work very hard and it's not their fault.

For example, assuming the cost per graft is lowered, the owner thinks it's a good idea because of the time etc, he doesn't take that reduction of his staff, well I hope not, that cost is off his bottom line. Assuming he is charging a decent rate anyway and not milking his reputation his over heads are probably higher but he has to accept lower, at the same time general costs such as medicines and alike rise.

I have just put a scenario there, so not something to be read as truth but maybe possible. I think regardless of this times are hard for all, comparing industrial and medical is tough because it can take a few minutes t make a TV and a days work to make a good HT, but that aside d research because if you get it right and happy you will not care if it cost 5-10,20K

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
It's nice to see some clinic reps pipe in with their responses. I am sure that this is a topic discussed in the industry currently. Ofcourse it is discussed in many industries right now.

I agree with with what Phil stated. The employees are working hard and deserve to be paid. It is not their fault if the economy has hit the shitter. I believe that each clinic will have to evaluate things individually and in some cases staffing might have to make concessions like other industries, however, I want this statement very clear: Sometimes the business owner/physician just has to accept that they might make less money and not try to dwindle or siphon from employees so as to maintain their own personal wealth.

In my own case, I made a conscious choice to work less hours this year. In making that decision I realised that I would see less patients and therefore make less money. I suppose I could have cut expenses and taken some employee benefits but thats not cool. To take some of their income from them would effect them much more than the amount effects me. I am not trying to sound like a martyr but greed should not factor in. Sorry just needed to rant as I see this type of scenario happen way too much in both small business and the corporate world. The little guy always gets squeezed.

Sorry about the tangent.

NN

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Could anyone post exactly how much they paid for there H.T from start to finish,all the procedure cost ´s,air fare accomadation the lot would be interesting to see?
Also about the finance ´s did you take loan ´s out or did you have the bunce in the first place?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
My first HT with SMG cost the following

Flights and hotel booked through expedia £637 which was 3 nights accomodation.

HT was 1614grafts x $4.50 = $7263.(paid cash);;D

The usual rate is $5.00 per graft but is reduced to $4.50 for travel allowance.

Exchange rate was about $1.86 to the £ at the time.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I would hate to quote something incorrectly. Maybe Janna can post what I paid. I had the cash but put it on credit card to get frequent flyer points. The hotel was roughly $99/night. I drove 11 hours. The most expensive part was my wife shopping while I was getting HT.

NN

timuk

timuk

My original HT (butchering in the UK)...cost me around £3,000.00 ... which was paid for by a loan taken out direct with the clinic (at some rip-off interest rate !!)

Never mind...

My repair, carried out nearly a year ago, from which I received around 2,600 grafts came to a total of about £8,500.00 including flights, hotel, spending money etc etc

This could have been far less.... but I decided to make a holiday out of it (to be honest I wanted to hide away post op.. also did spoil myself with a business class ticket...)

I think if I had been careful and come home sooner the total would have been around £2000 cheaper... but I had not had a good break for several years..

If I had the same done now, due to the weak £ it would cost around £12,000.00 (what a difference a year makes !!) At the time the exchange rate was around the $2 / £1... so I guess I was lucky I went when I did...

HT - £5,375.00

Hotel - £1,300.00 (14 nights inc room service etc)
Flights - £1200.00 (business class)

Misc £600.00 (no hookers)

Tim

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
timuk wrote:
Misc £600.00 (no hookers)

Yeah right Tim, how gullible do you think we are, I know you essex boys and how you like those rent boys! :T:
[/quote]

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Thank ´s for the replies,i had my dodgy flap operation ´s about 13 years ago,wasn ´t cheap but the results were.Amazing this web site i had made my mind up not to get a repair but after seeing some of the result ´s you lot have had,makes you think a little bit..

timuk

timuk

Zionaxel...

Great things can be done now if you choose the right clinic..

I was also sceptical about going anywhere near an HT surgeon after what I had been left with all those years ago !!

But.. do some research and ask any questions you want..

Cheers

Tim

timuk

timuk

Shang...

That's why I always envied you Welsh lads... rent boys in Essex are just such a drain on the old bank balance... but you get to shag sheep for free.....

:)

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
timuk wrote:
Shang...

That's why I always envied you Welsh lads... rent boys in Essex are just such a drain on the old bank balance... but you get to shag sheep for free.....

:)
I sense a degree of jealousy in your statement, we shag'em and you eat'em, thats the way its meant to be Timmy my boy! :T:

Last edited:
Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I dont know if this is of interest or not, but its related to this topic and the discussion within this thread. Had an email from Dr Coles clinic, he has lowered his CIT which I think is FUE down to $6 a graft and strip to $4 a graft as a result of the recession. not sure if it is a marketing ploy though as i dont know what he used to charge.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Shang wrote:
I dont know if this is of interest or not, but its related to this topic and the discussion within this thread. Had an email from Dr Coles clinic, he has lowered his CIT which I think is FUE down to $6 a graft and strip to $4 a graft as a result of the recession. not sure if it is a marketing ploy though as i dont know what he used to charge.

Shang

could you post his email as i thought he only performs cit,fue.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
If the economy has your hair falling out, The Cole Hair Transplant Group has come up with a solution to help you stimulate your hair and leave you with enough money saved to stimulate the economy.

With the current economic crisis, keeping your youthful appearance and getting your hair in it's best shape has never been more important. Dr. Cole and the staff at The Cole Hair Transplant Group have heard your concerns about the economy. As a result, we are reducing prices. Here are our new prices during the economic slow-down:

Shaven CIT prices are now $6 per graft.

Non-shaven CIT prices are now $8 per graft.

Strip prices are as low as $4.00 per graft

Your hair is one of your best features, so take advantage of our economic stimulus prices and give both yourself and your hair the competitive edge for success! Call or email us now to reserve the first available opening.

Best Regards,

The Cole Hair Transplant Group