• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

(lightly) Bumped Head Four Weeks Post Op

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

It was such a light 'tap' ( a love pet if you will '''h;h;;h ) that I almost don't want to mention it; but I'm very protective of my babies. Today in the gym I LIGHTLY tapped the rubber end of a dumb bell on the back portion of the top of my head. I was lowering the weight behind my head (doing french curls) and had a firm grip on them, so it's not as though the WEIGHT of the dumb bell smacked me in the noggin. It didn't hurt, and there are ZERO physical signs of it happening. I'm four weeks & two days post op. If I did any damage to the grafts wouldn't there be some sort of physical sign (bruise, mark, swelling)? At this point only a sunburn or a severe blow would damage the grafts, correct? How severe of a blow would it have to be? c;;9 I wouldn't even call this a 'blow' but more of a 'footsie' type move amongst teenagers. Nothing hard core to say the least...

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Not to worry NG. You'd be surprised just how many patients end up bumping their heads after surgery. The one's I'm referring to are the ones that bump their heads within the first 10 days. You are good at 4 weeks post op.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

:) good. Was going to shop for a helmut this week. '''h;h;;h'''h;h;;h'''h;h;;h
thank you Jannaaa lil ms. helpful answering all our bone head questions. lol

janna

janna

Valuable Member
No prob NG...

If you do decide to wear a helmet, don't stand at the bus stops - a short bus will likely want to pick you up.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You`ll be fine NG,at 4 weeks those grafts are very secure.

P

Philb

This is always a real worry for all HT guys, they are told "don't bang your head" and then by bad chance they do, like you can go a year without hitting your head and then all of a sudden your bonce is drawn towards the nearest object.

The real danger area is the first week or while the crust is still visible and covering the graft, once gone you obviously have to be careful for a while but at 4 weeks post you'll be fine; maybe just a friendly reminder not to do anything crazy.