• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Lots of scabs still after 5 days post FUE.

D

Dan

Hi all, today is my 5th day post op. Done my first wash on Friday as instructed which was day 3. Break yesterday and due to wash it again today. I still have a lot of scabbing over the recipient area. donor area seems to be healing well. No bleeding at all front or back. Is it just a waiting game. Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dan, some people scab up more than others. Usually around day 10 is when most will be gone but you may get some that linger. It`s important not to pick at them, let your body heal in its own time. I found that around day 8 I let the shampoo soak into my hair/scalp which moistens the scabs, they then come off quite easy when massaging the shampoo on your scalp.
Bleeding usually occurs soon after surgery, if at all. On day 5 you should not have any bleeding.
How many grafts did you get?

Reactions: Dan
D

Dan

Hi BM, I had approx 2500 grafts.

Haven’t had bleeding just a little on way home after surgery.

Keeping my hands well away from the area !

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice amount of grafts. Bleeding is not usually an issue, just a bit unsightly but good to hear you`ve not had any.
If you do experience any itching Aloe Vera gel is good for soothing the scalp and won`t harm the grafts.

Reactions: Dan
D

Dan

Nice amount of grafts. Bleeding is not usually an issue, just a bit unsightly but good to hear you`ve not had any.
If you do experience any itching Aloe Vera gel is good for soothing the scalp and won`t harm the grafts.

Couple more question for you BM.

how soon after would you say it’s ok to wear a cap. Mainly for work reasons. Main thing I’m worrying about is sweating. also sleeping up right is become a chore ! When do you rekon laying back flat is ok ?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It`s ok to lay back after 4 days, the grafts are securely in place. Check with your doctor but I did this with advice from Dr Ron Shapirio.
It is fine to wear a loose fitting cap, try a ball cap that has the ventilation holes to allow airflow and when possible remove it to let your head cool down.

D

Dan

Thanks mate. So it’s actually the sweating that can cause an issue yeah. At what point would you suggest grafts are fully safe and no worries about stuff like that and training heavy

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Different clinics offer varying advice on heavy lifting. I`d say that 10 days post fue is fine but always check with your own doctor.
Grafts are secure at day 4 but I think the main concern after that is accidental damage which could occur with heavy lifting.
Sweating is fine, your grafts are not going to be affected as they are securely in place.

M

mania

I think it's being very nice grafting have been done by the surgeon and you get nice results ...