• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Medical tourism with Longevita or another company.

S

Spider

Has anyone used a medical type tourism company for their hair transplant? I have been looking at a company based in London called Longevita who offer a very good deal to fly to Turkey for a Fue transplant.

Has anyone used this type of package?

C

Coopman

Valued member
Spider

These medical tourism companies must be avoided at all costs. They were advertising extensively in the breast enlargement industry and we are all aware with the horror stories that have been broadcasted in various media sources.

The hair transplant industry is the latest market for these vultures as there is a lot of money to be made from unsuspecting individuals.

If a Clinic is reputable, ethical and produces satisfactory results they do not need to venture into this type of marketing.

If you were looking to buy a car for $10000/ £14000 and the salesman offered you a free holiday for two in Mexico. Would you think there is a reason why he is doing this?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Coopman wrote:
Spider

These medical tourism companies must be avoided at all costs.

If you were looking to buy a car for $10000/ £14000 and the salesman offered you a free holiday for two in Mexico. Would you think there is a reason why he is doing this?
I agree, these types of deals need to be banned imo because they are just marketing ploys to get vulnerable people into the chairs of desperate clinics.

S

Spider

Thanks for the replies, maybe I will give these a miss.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I would disagree, there is a place in the market for a reputable company to help others out when making choices in regards to medical procedures overseas. The key here is a company that is reputable, honest with unwavering integrity. A company that builds its reputation on long term relationships and not a quick buck.

My wife has sent 4 people overseas to the Balkans to have dental work performed which they could not have had otherwise as the cost of over $20K US was not affordable. She is one of the most honest people I know, very caring and always trying to help others. Those that know her know they can place their complete trust in her and each and every one of them have been forever grateful as the experience was both very safe and enjoyable.

She did not profit from this in any way and maybe that matters. I think too many companies get into business with the best of intentions but sometimes the money and the numbers get a hold of them and instead of them controlling it, it controls them and this is why character matters.

Last edited:
topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
I think a good approach would be to have recommendations from those you know personally or get know patients that have used the service on a personal basis as a start.

Otherwise you are rolling the dice and can be completely butchered.

Medical tourism is not necessarily bad...........................but people can be bad especially when the greed for money comes into play...........find good people and see what they say.

Maybe go there and meet them.

I guess a better way to put would be like this, medical tourism is not bad but who are these people, where is their body of work, who vouches for their reputation if it is nothing and nobody then you have your answer.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Topccat, ask to meet patients who have done this, ask for before and after pictures etc.

N

Nightowl

Make sure you do plenty of research on whoever you choose.

S

Spider

I'm thinking now that I will take it slow as I'm not 100% sure if this is right for me! will do more research and run it by you guys.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's a good approach, don't rush in and research.

K

kamalmalik

I am currently trying to decide between a few clinics for my hair transplant. I am leaning towards Longevita because their agent is helping me a lot and giving me great information. Is there anyone here who got their treatment done by Longevita?