• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Moving on..

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Just wondered how you lot after a succesful transplant get on with life with hair,by that i mean do you literally forget about ever having work done or does life still revolve around hair?
Beforehand there would of been the stress of loosing your hair wondering what you should do,if i have work done what will people think,will they take the piss down the pub how much will it hurt,what will the kids think and does it cost a arm and a leg?
But now you have a nice hairline whick looks natural and the confidense is back.No-one gives you a second glance ,you are now in the league of those that have,not of the have nots.Are you still thinking hair?Does it ever go away,do you go through the day without evan thinking about it,or is it all that you think about it.Is life still revolving around hair?
Personally i wouldn ´t know as those that know me on here know mine was shit.But i have to say life after a bad hairtransplant doesn ´t mean you go through life feeling sorry for yourself,ofcourse when you see some of the excellent work done you do get abit jealous.But heh life goes on...

lost_youth

lost_youth

Valued member
This is a good question - something I wonder about often. Hope we get some good responses.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Of course I've never had ht work done myself so I can't speak from first hand experience, but I probably speak to more people after they are sorted with their hair than the average person. I also know our female technician who did have a ht done here several years ago. Her response - hair and the way she styles it is no longer an issue. She used to spend countless hours styling her hair with hair products to cover her thinning part. She says these days, she has more styling options if she wants it without being self conscience. She says it's nice not having to worry about hair anymore.

Everyone is different in their expectations and there are different levels of hair loss to address. Those with abundant donor hairs have more options than those with drastic hair loss with limited donor. We try to educate our patients so that we are both expecting the same result, which is one of naturalness with more hair than they started with in the right place before surgery. Once the expectations are met, majority of our patients simply move on. I for one can admit that from this end, that is a great feeling that our patients don't worry about hair loss anymore and they can move on.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I still think of my hair although i`m nearly at my journeys end with Hair Transplants.

With the threat of future loss hanging over me,its always there and of course i`m on Proscar which reminds me every day that i have hairloss issues.

Imo most people who have HTs and obtain a good result just move on with their life and enjoy it to the full.Some of us stick around the forums to help others like me.

Hair Geek i am.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
I would have to say that unfortunately it is always there somewhat but it certainly lessons considerably. I used to hate the wind and rain. Photos were not cool. Certain lighting was avoided. Social get togethers might be somewhat stressful at times. Intimate moments might be weird.

Now all is definitely different. There is definitely a whole lot less thought about hair. Being older is a factor but having a HT has changed many things. I like looking in the mirror again. More confidence. Better at everything I do--strange but true. Crazy.

NN

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I for one am looking forward to the day i dont have to worry about my hair anymore, must admit though it will be a strange feeling as for over ten years ive thought about it when i wake up, when i go to bed and every few mins inbetween. Granted most of the thoughts have been down to the gits that caused my bad ht problems and not my actual hairloss, which is why i know that when im satisfied and happy i will be sticking around and thinking about hair still to help others not fall into the same trap as its very rewarding, i too am a geek/nerd whatever you want to call it!
:)

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Ha ha hair nerd my dear... not a pee wee herman, bottle rimmed glasses wearing, stamp collecting, train spotter type nerd lol)(_::

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth...

For me...

Yep... I remember the day I thought... ops... my hair seems to be going thin... from then on down hill.. looking in mirrors, staying out of bright lights etc etc..

But then.. the miracle cure was found in the back of a Sunday Newspaper... it had to be true as the advert was in a respected paper..... ops... conned... hook, line and sinker... butchered and to add insult to injury I paid for the privilege...

I did forget about my hair for a good few years after that.....mainly as my "natural" hair hid the work... but I put my lack of hair worrying down to the fact that I was in a happy relationship, work was good etc, etc..

Then one day about 3 years ago I noticed people looking at my hairline.... friends asking what had I done to my hair.... ops... the plugs had started to show. I first of all put a brave face on it... but I went back to my old paranoia...

I had come full circle... but this time I was not just "going bald"... I am going bald and had a wonderful un-natural look... I think having a bad HT is probably 100 times worse than having no hair at all....

I then decided it was time to do something about it, which I did..

My repair, about a year ago has changed my life... I would like to improve things a little.....but will say that my attitude towards my hair has changed....

I seem to have my life back, I no longer avoid friends I have not seen for ages, people no longer talk to my hairline, I tend to worry about other things rather than my hair now...

Its very hard just to forget about hair... its the first thing you see in the mirror evey morning.

To be honest I feel that I can now get on with my life.... and yes.. I forget about my hair..... about 5 mins after I gel it in the morning but when I do remember it I tend to think.... "wow... I look normal now".... and its an uplifting thought rather than a depressing thought..

As for "hair geeking"... yes... I will probably be doing this for years to come.. mostly due to the great people I have come to know (and of course the great, great, super heroic NN)...but also because my hair has dominated so many years of my life... and of course the most important reason... to stop anyone making the same mistake I did...

Anyway...

Off to bed now to dream of beautiful re-positioned follicles :)

PS... well, that 2 cents turned in about £500 worth... mind you, the way the £ is going against the $ it will not be long before £500 is worth 2 cents...

Last edited:
P

Philb

timuk wrote:
Just thought I would add my 2 cents worth...

For me...

Yep... I remember the day I thought... ops... my hair seems to be going thin... from then on down hill.. looking in mirrors, staying out of bright lights etc etc..

But then.. the miracle cure was found in the back of a Sunday Newspaper... it had to be true as the advert was in a respected paper..... ops... conned... hook, line and sinker... butchered and to add insult to injury I paid for the privilege...

I did forget about my hair for a good few years after that.....mainly as my "natural" hair hid the work... but I put my lack of hair worrying down to the fact that I was in a happy relationship, work was good etc, etc..

Then one day about 3 years ago I noticed people looking at my hairline.... friends asking what had I done to my hair.... ops... the plugs had started to show. I first of all put a brave face on it... but I went back to my old paranoia...

I had come full circle... but this time I was not just "going bald"... I am going bald and had a wonderful un-natural look... I think having a bad HT is probably 100 times worse than having no hair at all....

I then decided it was time to do something about it, which I did..

My repair, about a year ago has changed my life... I would like to improve things a little.....but will say that my attitude towards my hair has changed....

I seem to have my life back, I no longer avoid friends I have not seen for ages, people no longer talk to my hairline, I tend to worry about other things rather than my hair now...

Its very hard just to forget about hair... its the first thing you see in the mirror evey morning.

To be honest I feel that I can now get on with my life.... and yes.. I forget about my hair..... about 5 mins after I gel it in the morning but when I do remember it I tend to think.... "wow... I look normal now".... and its an uplifting thought rather than a depressing thought..

As for "hair geeking"... yes... I will probably be doing this for years to come.. mostly due to the great people I have come to know (and of course the great, great, super heroic NN)...but also because my hair has dominated so many years of my life... and of course the most important reason... to stop anyone making the same mistake I did...

Anyway...

Off to bed now to dream of beautiful re-positioned follicles :)

PS... well, that 2 cents turned in about £500 worth... mind you, the way the £ is going against the $ it will not be long before £500 is worth 2 cents...

I think Tim makes some really good points and a very frank write up of his situation.... well written.

If there is one real pleasure in this business it is making someone happy again, for whatever reasons hair loss effects it is a reality of life unfortunately and to give some one back their peace with themselves is great to do.

A very serious side to all of this is expectations, do your research, whittle out the wheat from the chaff, find a short list of docs and when at all possible meet them. Be candid about what you want, your priorities and long term goals, they are not mind readers. Choose your doc based on your feelings and his work and how it mirrors what you are looking to achieve. There is no rush to have a HT, never try to fit into schedules, do when you feel right and ready.

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Zionaxel,

not to dismiss your question, but essentially this is akin to taking a poll for ex-alcoholics (who have been successful at staying on the wagon) in a bar---the TRUE success stories might not be here to answer as they truly have moved on w/their life and don't spend time here any longer. Though, there are those that stick around (i.e. Tim, BM, NN et al) but just something to keep in mind if you don't get some overwhelming response of revolutionary life changing significance.

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
It was a simple question,to those on this board.I was not looking for some overwhelming response of revolutionary life changing significance as you put it.Got a bit more going on in my life than that was just curious.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Most people move on but some like myself hang around to help others.