• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

My FUE Hair Transplant with The Maitland Clinic - 2067 Grafts

G

Graham

Valued member
I had a hair transplant at the Maitland Clinic on the 28th January, it is now just over three weeks after surgery and my recovery is going extremely well, I am delighted with the results so far and my new hairline looks great.

Like a lot of guys I was very apprehensive about having a HTP and it took me years to get my act together and finally go for a consultation. I decided on the Maitland Clinic after much research from reading peoples reviews and articles in the press that DR Ball had written providing advise to candidates on HTP surgery . Dr Balls reputation in the industry is exemplary, this gave me so much confidence that I didn’t consider any other clinic.

At my first consultation with Dr Ball and David Anderson my requirements were discussed and a prospective hairline was drawn for me, it gave me a good indication of what my new hairline would be like. I am in my late 50s and immediately they both new what hairline would be right for me considering my age. Its important that you get good advise specific to your own personal requirements which is exactly what I got, no sales pitch just expert advise.

I won’t go in to details about the surgery there are plenty of posts on here of what’s involved, I will say that my surgery was handled very professionally with meticulous attention to detail. The after care service has been excellent, I have been contacted three times by head nurse Karen to see how I am progressing. I was provided with easy to follow instructions on looking after the new grafts, there is also a video on YouTube by Maitland giving a step by step guide.

I made the right choice in choosing the Maitland Clinic as Dr Ball he is clearly a very skilled surgeon and gave me absolute confidence from the start. I would also like to thank his support staff and technicians who were first class.

For sure do your research but if you decide on the Maitland Clinic you will have no regrets, they have a waiting time for consultation and surgery which proves they are sort after, it's well worth the wait.

Photos are one week post surgery.

Graham.

Dr. Edward Ball, The Maitland Clinic.PNG
The Maitland clinic donor area after FUE.PNG

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Graham. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
Everything sounds like you had a great experience with the clinic and the aftercare is good.
It`s good to hear you researched prior to making your choice.
Those 2067 grafts will make a nice change to your appearance. Do you have a pre op picture to compare?
Everything looks to have healed well, donor looks good.
Are you on any type of hair loss prevention regimen?
All the best.
Bm.

G

Graham

Valued member
Hi Bm,

Attached a couple of photos from about a year ago, the difference after the HTP is stark. Regarding hair loss medication, I am taking 1mg of Finasteride which I started mid November.
B regards
Graham.

Attachments

• TMC.png
    TMC.png
    344.6 KB · Views: 303
  • tmc1.jpg
    tmc1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 317
The Maitland Clinic

The Maitland Clinic

Valued member
Hi Graham,

Many thanks for posting your experience online. We look forward to following your progress with you.

David

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Graham.
Thanks for the pre op pictures from a year ago.
Your post op picture gives an indication of how it should turn out in 12 months, creating a nice new hairline to frame your face and added density behind.
Good luck with the Finasteride. Hopefully, it works well for you.
All the best.

G

Graham

Valued member
Hi Folks,
Here is an update of my hair after 5 months. The difference already is amazing, I didn’t think I would have seen such good results after such a short time.
I have been taking help hair shake and a tablet everyday since my surgery, which seems to have provide the additional nutrition to assist my hair growth.
I am looking forward to the next few months and progressing further. Certainly at this stage I couldn’t be happier.
I would say to anyone still unsure about having a HT don’t waste time as I did just go get it done, you won’t regret it.

Attachments

• 97BB3A74-20E6-4513-8138-067EDFA74A1C.jpeg
    97BB3A74-20E6-4513-8138-067EDFA74A1C.jpeg
    373.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 8230908A-ABCA-4325-9ADC-D12264677514.jpeg
    8230908A-ABCA-4325-9ADC-D12264677514.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 212
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Graham. You certainly are experiencing good early growth for 5 months. It’s made a huge difference already. Would it be possible to add a picture looking straight ahead so we can see the hairline?
Thanks Bm.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be great to see your result at 12 months.